Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:06 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times

Advertisements

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego County prosecutors say convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner led authorities to the body of 14-year-old Amber Dubois.
District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis said Friday that Gardner agreed to lead authorities to the body on the condition that they could not use that information against him in court.
Dumanis says it was a difficult decision, but prosecutors had no other evidence or DNA to link him to the Amber's death.
Amber's bones were discovered March 6 in a rugged, remote area north of San Diego.
Gardner pleaded guilty Friday to murdering Amber and 17-year-old Chelsea King.
He faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.

FOXNews.com - Convicted California Sex Offender Pleads Guilty to Murdering Two Teens

At least he's not going on death row where the freak would be costing taxpayers $100,000 per year until he died a natural death. Perhaps someone in prison will do the right thing and lay waste to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 10:49 PM

313 posts, read 728,416 times
I sure hope so! On the other hand, it will annoy me no end that every time I see taxes taken out of my paycheck, I know a part of it went to feed and house this walking piece of crap.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:56 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
He'll probably get killed in prison, let's hope so. I really don't understand why California has such a hard time implementing the death penalty.

First of all, if you are convicted of first degree murder, and sentenced to death, why does it take forever, decade after decade for these rotting pieces of crap to be put to death? Why even have the death penalty when the state hardly ever uses it?

This needs to change, if someone is on death row, they should be put to death immediately! No waiting 10-20 years taking up cell space, wasted tax dollars on someone that murdered a person in cold blood. I mean what gives? Why can't the state act sooner when it comes to the death penalty?

This guy raped and murdered 2 teenage girls all because of he wanted sex, I just don't understand it, how can a human being ever do such a thing? It's unimaginable for this guy to kill not 1, but 2 innocent girls and was able to get away with Ambers death for so long, then he has nerve to do it again by taking Chelsea's life a year later.

It just doesn't make any sense, this guy needs to die now, it's as simple as that. Someone like him doesn't deserve to breath anymore. I pray that he doesn't last long behind bars, lifers in prison hate rapist, and especially ones that rape and kill innocent girls. He'll get no love from any of the prison families A.K.A Mexican Mafia, Aryan Brotherhood, and Black Gorilla Family. Maybe a prison guard can slip him in with general population. He would be taken out onsite.

Tax dollars saved, and real justice for the Dubois and King families!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:45 AM

745 posts, read 1,568,348 times
He'll be placed in a sensitive needs prison area (Only some of the prisons in the state house sensitive needs inmates). These are people who are famous or notorious and considered to be in danger from other prisoners due to their status.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 6,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
He'll probably get killed in prison, let's hope so. I really don't understand why California has such a hard time implementing the death penalty.

First of all, if you are convicted of first degree murder, and sentenced to death, why does it take forever, decade after decade for these rotting pieces of crap to be put to death? Why even have the death penalty when the state hardly ever uses it?

This needs to change, if someone is on death row, they should be put to death immediately! No waiting 10-20 years taking up cell space, wasted tax dollars on someone that murdered a person in cold blood. I mean what gives? Why can't the state act sooner when it comes to the death penalty?
California should adobt the same system for the death penalty as Texas and Virginia. With the system that those two states have in place, they seem to have NO problem whatsoever executing violent criminals/predators. In fact, if he was sent to Texas, he would probably be executed no later than next week.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Its too bad we can't just lynch the guy , the worst part is im sure there are people who would defend him

Old 04-17-2010, 11:07 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Its too bad we can't just lynch the guy , the worst part is im sure there are people who would defend him
The people who defend him should be lynched as well. Ill buy the rope & put the noose around gardners neck.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 AM

124 posts, read 377,083 times
It is a waste of money not to kill these bastards. Some federal courts asked CA to release more prisoners, why don't they suggest killing more to make economical sense.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:16 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
I'm in favor of short term death penalty for these type of black-n-white cases with horrid cirucmstances (incl. Saddam, Bush, etc) without all the protracted legal costs, like here.
I'm against the death penalty when there is a touch of gray.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:30 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
California should adobt the same system for the death penalty as Texas and Virginia. With the system that those two states have in place, they seem to have NO problem whatsoever executing violent criminals/predators. In fact, if he was sent to Texas, he would probably be executed no later than next week.
Hehe...even though I'm moving back to SD this week, this was one good thing about TX. "Try 'em" then "fry 'em"!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime