Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 09:11 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times

Advertisements

Only Robert Patrick has survived the boodbath on Edgar Floats after the ABC brass took a look at the pilot.

"The network ordered six scripts from writer Rand Ravich and is considering Edgar for midseason pickup… with an almost entirely different cast. That means that lead Tom Cavanagh (R.I.P. Ed) as well as co-stars Alicia Witt, Derek Webster, Alex Solowitz and Raoul Trujillo have all been forcibly removed from the project."

TV Bites: ABC Replaces Nearly Every Edgar Floats Cast Member, Tom Cavanagh Included | Movieline

ABC Overhauls ‘Edgar Floats’ « TVOvermind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 12:32 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,332,468 times
I never got Tom Cavanagh at all. Everyone's entitled to their own taste, and obviously somebody appreciates him. But I have yet to meet anyone who turned on a show because he was in it. This show also sounds like another version of the one Benjamin Bratt did for A&E.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I never got Tom Cavanagh at all. Everyone's entitled to their own taste, and obviously somebody appreciates him. But I have yet to meet anyone who turned on a show because he was in it. This show also sounds like another version of the one Benjamin Bratt did for A&E.
From everything I have read, ABC must have really liked the premise of the show, they just apparently didn't like the cast except for Patrick. They had to have liked it enough to order more episodes as a possible mid-season replacement because that costs money. That's what seems so strange. The purpose of a pilot is a go/no go and they in effect gave it a go but with a cast change. One would have expected a no-go.

I can picture Cavanaugh but I don't think I've ever watched anything he was in. Alicia Witt, however, I thought was really good on Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Logan's partner except her character was a brighter bulb than Noth's character and I'm wondering if that's why that stint was short-lived. The female half of the partner teams on L&O:CI never outshines the male half...and I liked the Logan character.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:36 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,218,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post

My hubby and I did! "Ed" was must watch every week for us. We just liked it. I think because it was refreshing. No crime, no blood and guts. No swearing. No adultery going on. (that I remember) It was just plain wholesome and it appealed to us. Same as Joan of Arcadia. We liked that one too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV