Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 07:15 PM
B&A B&A started this thread

336 posts, read 252,607 times

Advertisements

I am watching the show What Would You Do? If you haven't watched the show before. It's kind of like a candid camera type show except they do real life experiments to see how people around react.

The experiment they just did was putting a fake baby in a car alone on a hot day parked outside a few stores. They were seeing how many people would react to that and how they would react.

Then, they would have an actress come out to the car being the "mother" of the child and act like she did this all the time and that is perfectly normal.

What would you do if you were walking by a car with a crying baby alone in it on a hot day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 07:23 PM

Default What would you do? Part 2

The next experiment on the show is putting a child actor out on a busy sidewalk either black, white, male or female and have them act like they are lost and need help. They want to see how many people will stop and help or how they would help. If you saw a kid that appeared to be lost and helpless would you stop to help or would you just walk on by and let someone else take care of it?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,466,868 times
I would stop while keeping an eye out for a cop.

A few months ago, while walking from the subway station to my job in Manhattan, I spotted a boy, dressed for school, about 8 years old, walking alone. I was pretty surprised and since I was walking behind him, I kept an eye out for a parent or some sort of adult. Nothing. I actually continued walking behind him, past my building for another 2 blocks where he happily scampered into the school I knew was located there. Mission accomplished, I turned on my heel, picked up my pace and headed for work.

I can't tell you why I did it - but I can tell you it was a pretty instant reaction that I would just trot along behind him to make sure he didn't come to any harm. I think the majority of people out there will look after a child - it's just an instinct.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:28 PM

That's pretty cool. I thought about putting myself in that situation and think I might have been oblivious to the child at first because I'm usually so busy, it's sad to say. But if was walking by slowly or just saw that the kid was crying, I'm sure I would try to talk to the kid to see if he/she were in trouble.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:17 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,515,635 times
I would call the police and Health and Welfare and see if any of the doors would open so I could get it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV