Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 03:27 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,359,355 times

Advertisements

About 10-yrs ago there was a TV show (I think on standard TV, not cable, but I can't be sure) I caught in pieces a time or 2. I'd like to find it on YouTube or Hulu if it's available.

From what I remember, the show's name was the lead character's name. I could have sworn his name was Brian... but, it was too long ago & I was working outrageous hours so never caught the show. I don't recall any of the other characters. He was a late-30's NY-er, who I believe worked at a record company in the city. It might have focused on his going out in the city to find new talent/see new bands? I cannot for the life of me remember the premise of the show... I think it mainly focused around his singledom.

He was an ordinary looking lad (either a short haircut or losing his hair), wore sneakers & a cross-body messenger bag. I think it lasted 1 season, then disappeared.

I know that's little to go on, but I've searched & googled ad naseum... can't find anything. Would anyone recall the name of the show?

Thank you TV viewers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 PM

22,940 posts, read 28,335,617 times
Your description of the show 100% fits a CBS show called Love Monkey (see CBS.com (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/love_monkey/ - broken link)), but it aired in 2006, not 10 years ago.

A very good show that sadly didn't last.

As far as I know, it's never been issued on DVD, but some of the more obscure cable networks occasionally air it.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Your description of the show 100% fits a CBS show called Love Monkey (see CBS.com (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/love_monkey/ - broken link)), but it aired in 2006, not 10 years ago.
Ding, ding, ding! That's it! You've got a great memory, thank you. I was working 70-hr wks then... it aged me 10-yrs... must have been where the 10-yrs came from... haha

Quote:
As far as I know, it's never been issued on DVD, but some of the more obscure cable networks occasionally air it.
I haven't had TV for years... but, I did find this link for free episodes. If you wouldn't mind taking a look at it... does it appear to be a legal link, meaning not like those websites which have bootleg copies of movies in theatres now:

Watch Love Monkey Online - Free TV Shows & Videos

Thanks so much again... you're awesome!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:39 PM

22,940 posts, read 28,335,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
You've got a great memory, thank you.
You're most welcome. My memory isn't great, but I did watch the show when it aired, which is why I knew it.

Quote:
I haven't had TV for years... but, I did find this link for free episodes. If you wouldn't mind taking a look at it... does it appear to be a legal link, meaning not like those websites which have bootleg copies of movies in theatres now:
I have no clue. I watch shows on Hulu.com and Netflix, but as far as all those streaming and torrent websites, I have yet to brave those waters.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I watch shows on Hulu.com and Netflix, but as far as all those streaming and torrent websites, I have yet to brave those waters.
Fair enough. Same here with Netflix... Hulu has a few shows like Modern Family, It's Always Sunny in Phila & 30 Rock which I'll watch when I remember. If you don't know about joost dot com, that's another... not a lot to watch there either, but at least there are some things from time to time & it's free.

Cheers for your help!

Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 AM

235 posts, read 511,274 times
Quote:
About 10-yrs ago there was a TV show (I think on standard TV, not cable, but I can't be sure) I caught in pieces a time or 2. I'd like to find it on YouTube or Hulu if it's available.

From what I remember, the show's name was the lead character's name. I could have sworn his name was Brian... but, it was too long ago & I was working outrageous hours so never caught the show. I don't recall any of the other characters. He was a late-30's NY-er, who I believe worked at a record company in the city. It might have focused on his going out in the city to find new talent/see new bands? I cannot for the life of me remember the premise of the show... I think it mainly focused around his singledom.

He was an ordinary looking lad (either a short haircut or losing his hair), wore sneakers & a cross-body messenger bag. I think it lasted 1 season, then disappeared.

I know that's little to go on, but I've searched & googled ad naseum... can't find anything. Would anyone recall the name of the show?

Thank you TV viewers!
As you already found out, it was Love Monkey, but I wonder if you might also have been thinking of "Ed". The main character in that show was the same man in Love Monkey - Tom Cavanaugh - and did air about 10 years ago. Also a great show if you want to check it out. Julie Bowen from Modern Family played Ed's love interest.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGMetroWest View Post
As you already found out, it was Love Monkey, but I wonder if you might also have been thinking of "Ed". The main character in that show was the same man in Love Monkey - Tom Cavanaugh - and did air about 10 years ago. Also a great show if you want to check it out. Julie Bowen from Modern Family played Ed's love interest.
Very cool, SGC, thank you! That looks very interesting, too & worth a watch. Since I don't have TV & only catch bits & pieces from time to time, I must have seen this one, too... it does also sound similar to what I was mentioning. Maybe I'm mixing the 2...

There are some Ed episodes on YouTube, so cheers for the info! You're awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV