Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 05:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

I am reading the Ann Perry series about William Monk--detective in England in Victorian era--
books allow characters to become more complex as series goes along...
same era as Ripper Street and Sherlock so it is not new to television but I enjoy the characters of Hester and Monk...

Also wish someone would do mini-series of Thomas Perry's series about Jane Whitefield--the Senaca woman who becomes a "hider" of people who need to be rescued from danger in their lives and can't go to the police for one reason or another--
sometimes because the police are the ones chasing them...

Would like more Tony Hillerman's novels about the Navajo detectives made into mini-series...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 06:09 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Something that wasn't made first in another country. Few posters are as annoying as those who have nothing to say except "I watched the Australian version AND IT WAS BETTER." And then they go and spoil the ending of the US version.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Something that wasn't made first in another country. Few posters are as annoying as those who have nothing to say except "I watched the Australian version AND IT WAS BETTER." And then they go and spoil the ending of the US version.
I would actually prefer something that isn't a well known book series for this same reason. Every time the show deviates even a little from the book people start freaking out, saying how horrible and boring the show is now because its not EXACTLY like the book or graphic novel. I always view the tv shows (or movies) as being based on the book and never expect it to be an exact replica. I actually think that would be boring, watching an hour show week after week and knowing exactly what is going to happen each week. I'd rather have a few surprises.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:18 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,027 posts, read 6,544,694 times
Looking forward to seeing JK Rawling's Strike detective series made into a Netflix or whoever series. Hopefully they will not F it up like they did with "Casual Vacancy".

There are only two books in the series (that I know of) with more to follow. I am almost finished the second one (recommended reading).

Old 05-13-2015, 06:18 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
C.J. Box's Joe Pickett books would make a great TV series. And there's a chance it might actually happen.

...Box reports that Robert Redford is “heading a production team that’s trying to find a place for the Joe Pickett series.”

Old 05-13-2015, 07:03 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
I am thrilled that Bernard Cornwell's "The Last Kingdom" will be out sometime this year.

I would love for W.E.B Griffin's. "Brotherhood of War" series would be so great; I love the characters and stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV