Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,596,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
That was a heart-pounding paso doble! WOW! How could Len give them an 8?
well, william and cheryl did miss a hold (his left hand missed her right hand) (they recovered in a split second)

anyway i think that whole 'schoolyard style' picking of teams was a farce. i think the DWTS producers already had it predetermined. .. for those of you who are familiar with the Nene Leakes, the 2 teams reminded me of "the talls" versus "the smalls"

my favorite individual performance was donald and peta. she is a force to be reckoned with. i'm glad she's part of the show.

as far as the team danceoff, team tango deserved the win. to me, they were more enjoyable to watch. technically i can't say since i'm not a dancer but Len wasn't impressed with either team technically
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,596,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Honestly, those three chests (Maks, William and Donald) have got to be the best on TV.
that i must agree with darling!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:47 AM

18,480 posts, read 31,675,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
that i must agree with darling!

I agree also, it was appreciated.

Now if we could just get them into loincloths, we could all sleep a bit better, just sayin'

Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
well, william and cheryl did miss a hold (his left hand missed her right hand) (they recovered in a split second)
I saw that. Big whoop. I mean overall, the music, the dancing all of it was intense.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,987,214 times
Quote:
I left my sickbed to comment. I thought Katherine's dance was lovely and deserved higher than 27. She looked even more professional than Mark.

I like Mark but he should never go shirtless. Some things are much better left to the imagination.

And what is UP with Brooke's eyebrows tonight? They look positively evil! Did she get too much botox last week?
I'm sorry that you are not feeling well, Texas, but if it is a cold, a doctor recommended to me Olive Leaf Extract. One in the morning and one at night. Overtaking seems to have no effect.

I used to get about three bad head colds annually, and between the Olive Leaf at first sign and that crazy netti pot, I am passing years, in my old age, with no colds.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Melissa danced very well tonight....so fluidly. This was, without doubt, her best performance ever.

Edited to add that the judges didnt agree with me at all. Bruno and Carrie Ann hated, really hated, her dance. Len complimented the intensity but said it lacked quality. Score: 21 -- ouch. I'd have given her a 26 at least.
Do you guys seem to notice that the judges seem always to be rougher on Mak's partners? He knows it, and seems resigned.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Joshua Bell.

I have only heard one other violinist who plays better than he does and that is Itzhac Perlman. What a total delight and then to play Vivaldi to up the ante.......sigh.

I really was on cloud 9 with tonight's music.
So was I.
Sometimes I enjoy just listening.
I should use the ol' ipad more often.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,607,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Do you guys seem to notice that the judges seem always to be rougher on Mak's partners? He knows it, and seems resigned.
Definitely notice that and I get the impression that Melissa has picked up on it too.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM

884 posts, read 1,063,031 times
Once again another exciting night of dancing last night and another round of great posts from everyone here....I know I'm a little late to post but I always like to add my 2 cents . I really enjoyed both team dances and really can't tell which one I liked better, besides the extra boost of the shirtless men on Donald's team.

As far as individual dancing is concerned, I really was disappointed in Maks and Melissa's comments, I found their dance very entertaining for once. I enjoyed Jaleel's dance also. And for the first time, I really didn't enjoy Donald's individual's dance this week. That outfit and jacket was horrid as Len politefuly pointed out, on top of the dance seemed rugged this week to me. But he is still great!

I am slowly losing interest in William and Cheryl for some reason, can't quite put my finger on it. But Mark and Katherine seemed to put a good foot forward this week. Tables are turning and they all better step up their game, in my opinion. Some of the good are losing their spunk and the worse are becoming better! Usually how it goes around this week of DWTS! Just my little 2 cents! And looking forward to results tonight!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 8,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You must not remember that dust-up last year when he said Len should go, IOW retire from the show. The camera caught the judges' comments and they were really angry at Maks. I'm really surprised the producers let him come back this year. Maybe he should take a vacation from the show and let a new young pro make his or her mark on the show.

I agree with Maks Len should go. He has consistently undermarked Donald and Katherine, and Melissa too because he hates Maks. Goodman has lost all sense of objectivity. He has been on the show too long. He's nothing but an old curmudgeon now.

Keep Bruno and Carrie Ann and bring in another professional judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV