Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 10:59 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,021,657 times

Advertisements

Getting car sick, then dancing in that heat and partner having a bad knee and not acting anything like Border Patrol. Bopper and Mark have shown what friendship is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 11:44 AM

958 posts, read 2,134,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I also wonder if just being in the tent away from the sun and having some time to rest and take in more fluids without immediately sweating an equal amount of fluid right out made him feel better.
My wife and I wondered if Mark would need an IV to get rehydrated after the puking and sweating.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:50 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,808,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
My wife and I wondered if Mark would need an IV to get rehydrated after the puking and sweating.
I thought for sure the show's medics would be needed

Old 04-24-2012, 02:40 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,634,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
This was one of the only India episodes I actually like. I wonder if Mark and Bopper got word this was a non-elimination round and that's why Mark changed his mind and decided to try it again. I think there was more to that story. Anyway, I'm glad they are still in it.
It did seem like something else was going on. His last attempt didn't look all that different from the previous 10, IMO.

I want to see Big Brother win just because most people hate them so much.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 PM

252 posts, read 736,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
It did seem like something else was going on. His last attempt didn't look all that different from the previous 10, IMO.

I want to see Big Brother win just because most people hate them so much.
I was thinking the same thing, he did the dance only "slightly"
better than previous 10 or 11

Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 PM

44,649 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Originally Posted by bs13690
It did seem like something else was going on. His last attempt didn't look all that different from the previous 10, IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by philobeddoe View Post
I was thinking the same thing, he did the dance only "slightly"
better than previous 10 or 11
They were running out of film...

Old 04-25-2012, 05:02 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,844,967 times
The reality is that not everyone can dance, especially when it's choreographed and in a style they're not familiar with. Although the teams weren't told, I'm sure the producers established a limit beforehand so that after a certain number of tries, they'd be considered good enough and allowed to move on.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:45 AM

9,149 posts, read 14,784,628 times
I noticed most of the contestants were no perfect either. It was really judgement as its not like they were analyzing it after the fact frame by frame anyway.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,158,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
The reality is that not everyone can dance, especially when it's choreographed and in a style they're not familiar with. Although the teams weren't told, I'm sure the producers established a limit beforehand so that after a certain number of tries, they'd be considered good enough and allowed to move on.

This was my thinking. I couldn't figure out why they did a dance routine and it had to be perfect. I mean, obviously if the contestant is WAY off, I can see making them do it over. But as you said, and as we all know, not everyone can dance. If they got pretty darn close, I think it should been okay. OR established a limit of 5 tries. 12-13 is WAY too much IMO.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,596,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
This was one of the only India episodes I actually like. I wonder if Mark and Bopper got word this was a non-elimination round and that's why Mark changed his mind and decided to try it again.
hmm. i never thought about someone getting wind/word... but nah, i think 'word' would be careless/dirty on the show's part. i really think it was the principle of not quitting - and it paid off.

what i do think also happened is bopper and mark chose to skip the cricket (or taxi rickshaw) and incurred a [inconsequential] time penalty (inconsequential because they were dead last anyway). (this would explain why mark wasn't flown back to kentucky on a stretcher)

my gut tells me the non-elim legs are decided in advance by the producers meaning before episode 1, but if they do give the host carte blanche to decide non-elim's on the spot, that'd make for more drama.

wouldn't it be hilarious if big brother and ralph/vanessa were in a foot race to the final finish line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV