Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 05:16 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I've been sick of Jo for a long time - boy, can she whine! - and I despise Alex, so their scenes together are nothing but fast forward time for me. As will Maggie and Jackson if that happens.

I'm curious about how Amelia's recovery will progress.

And yes, Farook is a sweetheart! That was the most gratifying part of the show - seeing Meredith working to help make it happen (sometimes it's fun to see her go all harpy on someone) was nice as she compared her separation from Zola to Megan's separation from Farook. Very nicely done without being too schlock-y.

And Sofia wants to move back to Seattle? That could be interesting ... or not. You never know with Grey's.
I guess Riggs really is going to stay with Megan. She nodded when Mer said 'You don't throw a man like that away'. I wish he got more screen time. In my mind what I see most is him with that surprised look on his face.

Certainly an action man. He looked surprised at Mer telling him to fight and do a grand gesture and then went and did it w/o even talking to her about it!

What a ring, too. I think he's my new Grey's bf now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 06:10 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
We're binge watching and this is the season where Denny comes back into Izzy's life, he's dead and no one can see him, but she's able to touch him...We don't understand what's going on...why is this dead person in physical form? I know he's going to leave the show at some point, not soon enough. This is the first time the show's done something that makes no sense at all. Thank you

I still miss Burke so bad, he was better looking than McDreamy or McSteamy
I also miss Burke! Wish they would bring him back, especially since Yang isn't there any more. I was never into Derrick, was actually thinking about him the other day. He was a major character, on top of thew world as an actor then got fired. I see he's in a TV doctor commercial, does he do anything besides car racing?

Spoiler - For anyone that needs a refresher on Denny

Old 10-16-2017, 07:21 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I was never into Derrick, was actually thinking about him the other day. He was a major character, on top of thew world as an actor then got fired.
He wasn't fired. It was a mutual decision for him to leave the show.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
He wasn't fired. It was a mutual decision for him to leave the show.
From articles I see from back then, he didn't see it coming. He had just signed on to do one more season then was killed.

I managed to find an article from a year later where he says he knew it was coming.

Patrick Dempsey Fired Because Of Shonda Rhimes' Feud Or Affair With 'Grey's' Intern? Why Derek Shepherd's Death Was A Surprise To Cast May 15, 2015

Quote:
Derek Shepherd was shockingly killed off in a car crash before the Grey’s Anatomy Season 11 finale. While Patrick Dempsey had expressed a desire to eventually leave the show, McDreamy’s death seemed to come out of nowhere. Dempsey had even signed a contract to appear in Season 12. So many speculated that Shonda Rhimes actually fired Patrick Dempsey from Grey’s Anatomy

Even before Derek Shepherd died, reports swirled that Dempsey’s exit was imminent because of his diva behavior on-set. And Rhimes is known for getting rid of troublesome cast members on her various shows.
ABC President on Killing Patrick Dempsey Off on Grey's Anatomy: It was a 'Difficult Decision' Aug 4, 2015
Quote:
Dempsey, 49, previously told Entertainment Weekly that he wanted “to try something different,†adding that the plot twist happened “very quickly†and “there wasn’t a lot of discussion.â€
Why Patrick Dempsey Really Left Grey's Anatomy, According To Patrick Dempsey - Aug/ Sept 2016

Quote:
....He said that he and Rhimes came to the agreement on him leaving behind closed doors without making the news public.

It was clear we were both ready. But we kept it very quiet. I knew he was going to be gone, but I didn't know how she was going to handle it. Shonda just said, I'm going to do it in a really good way and she did her thing.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:21 AM

Your last quote supports that he wasn't fired. It was a mutual decision.

Quote:
....He said that he and Rhimes came to the agreement on him leaving behind closed doors without making the news public.

It was clear we were both ready. But we kept it very quiet. I knew he was going to be gone, but I didn't know how she was going to handle it. Shonda just said, I'm going to do it in a really good way and she did her thing.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Your last quote supports that he wasn't fired. It was a mutual decision.
Yeah, I know; but his 1st interviews said there was no discussion so who knows what the truth is.

Old 10-20-2017, 12:07 PM

No epi this week?

Old 10-20-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
No epi this week?
Nope. Time for the Halloween specials. (Though I'm not sure why they aired them this week instead of next week, closer to the holiday)

Old 10-20-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Nope. Time for the Halloween specials. (Though I'm not sure why they aired them this week instead of next week, closer to the holiday)
It's always something! They take too many breaks until about mid-January. Oh well.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:37 PM

1,626 posts, read 1,356,933 times
It was nice to see Nathan get his happily-ever-after. Since this is GA, who knows how long that will last, but I hope we will see him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV