Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 10:32 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I think Fifth Harmony got all of Diamond White's votes.
...and Carly got all of Cece's votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,924,868 times
Let's talk about Fifth Harmony.....

Fifth Harmony is a girl singing group. That's the problem. There has not been many (or ANY) successful singing girl groups in recent history.

All the famous girl groups have been either entertainers (examples: Spice Girls with their unique indivisual lable/look and TLC with their unique individual styles/tone/rap) or dancers (example: Pussycat dolls and Destiny's Child with both groups dancing their assess off).

The girls from Fifth Harmony have very similiar personality/styles (unlike Spice Girls or TLC) and they can't dance.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post

Fifth Harmony is a girl singing group. That's the problem. There has not been many (or ANY) successful singing girl groups in recent history.

All the famous girl groups have been either entertainers (examples: Spice Girls with their unique indivisual lable/look and TLC with their unique individual styles/tone/rap) or dancers (example: Pussycat dolls and Destiny's Child with both groups dancing their assess off).

The girls from Fifth Harmony have very similiar personality/styles (unlike Spice Girls or TLC) and they can't dance.
"entertainers" that's the key word...5th Harmony does not entertain...they stand in a line and sing, they can't dance, heck, they can barely walk, their outfits go from boring to prom night.

I think they're in the last three by default....Simon said it best, "it is a miracle"

Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"entertainers" that's the key word...5th Harmony does not entertain...they stand in a line and sing, they can't dance, heck, they can barely walk, their outfits go from boring to prom night.

I think they're in the last three by default....Simon said it best, "it is a miracle"
In order to make it as a girl group, you have to be very unique or great dancers/entertainers. Heck, even the unique groups like Spice Girls and TLC danced.

Singing group, Eden's Crush didn't make it, with Nicole Scherzinger being the lead singer and all, because two of the five girls were non-dancers, although there was at least one other girl, other than Nicole, with great vocals in the group. Nicole only became famous with 4 explosive dancers in the group, called the Pussycat Dolls.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:37 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Quote:

Danity Kane was successful. Both albums went Platinum and #1 on Billboard. Half the girls couldn't dance.

Everytime I see Fifth Harmony, I think why they didn't allow Camilla to perform as a single. She is so good.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Danity Kane was successful. Both albums went Platinum and #1 on Billboard. Half the girls couldn't dance.
Danity Kane is as much as a dancing group as Destiny's Child. Diddy chose them based on voice and performance (dancing) skills. Even the worst dancer in that group is still a dancer.

R.I.P Danity Kane Perform Damage LIVE on The Mike and Juliet Show - YouTube

Quote:
Everytime I see Fifth Harmony, I think why they didn't allow Camilla to perform as a single. She is so good.
Yes, Camilla is good. She has a nice tone. But, this is a performance show where high notes matter more than the ability to record and sell records. (Read that sentence again). Camilla, with good songs, can make tons of hits, but due to lack of high notes, she won't last long as a solo in this competition.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,758 times
Quote:
Danity Kane is as much as a dancing group as Destiny's Child. Diddy chose them based on voice and performance (dancing) skills. Even the worst dancer in that group is still a dancer.
Anyone who watch the Making the Band would realize half these girls truly cannot dance. Aundrea for instance was just a singer. Her dancing was heavily critized on Season 2.

Those girls practice the same dance over for months while preparing for shows (like the one you posted). Fifth Harmony has a week to get down a new song and dance routine. Did you really expect a miracle? Danity Kane had (practically) close to 3 years to mesh to create that finished project.

Quote:
Yes, Camilla is good. She has a nice tone. But, this is a performance show where high notes matter more than the ability to record and sell records. (Read that sentence again). Camilla, with good songs, can make tons of hits, but due to lack of high notes, she won't last long as a solo in this competition.
Don't watch the Voice? The front runner to win it all can't hit a high note and is nasually. If Emblem 3 could make it that far with little to no vocal talent, Camilla could have easily made it on her own.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 PM

I think Camilla has a very good voice. It was especially evident at the Judge's house's performance. However, she doesn't have the high and long notes like Carly.

Will Camilla sell more album as a solo artist than Carly? Very possible. However, Carly will more likely to win than Camilla at this competition.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,835,211 times
So! Was LeAnn Rimes strung out or what in that unfortunate duet with Carly Rose tonight on the X-Factor finale? She looked terrible, missed timed the delivery, was off key often. A real hot mess. Poor Carly.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:06 PM

Camilla not bad at all. This was before she was famous:

Me singing Skyscraper by Demi Lovato - YouTube

She called herself Karla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV