Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 07:50 PM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Penn and his mute sidekick made lots of money calling the likes of Mother Theresa a religious zealot fraud to further his own secular agenda, line his own pockets, and sensationalize stuff as BS that he knows nothing about... scattered with gratuitous frontal nudity (not his own, but those of select female and male models). It worked.

Good for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 04:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Ha. My husband looked up the site for those glasses and ordered a pair.
The glasses are not falling off his nose, but you must adjust the lens for the distance that you wish to focus in. People who are looking at one distance for a long time, truck driving, computer use, artwork, reading, find them much better at focusing perfectly - they say they are better than the continual focus lenses and certainly better than trifocals.
There are opticians at street stores who sell them, but they can be ordered over the internet, too.

I have not seen Penn's act, but I have seen him on the Apprentice shows. I think is is very logical, smart, and honest. I respect that. I would love to have such a person as a friend. I think he's reliable and a person of his word. Solid. I can't say the same for everyone on the show.
Penn even did a commercial for those glasses.

BTW.....does your husband like them?

Superfocus1 - YouTube

Old 04-20-2013, 07:38 AM

1,092 posts, read 720,241 times
Stephen B.'s firing reminded me of when Donald fired Michael Andretti because he's a racecar driver and didnt tell the specifics about the car, Adam Carolla did it. Michael did nothing wrong and it seemed like it was a no brainer for the project manager to be fired, which was Adam. But Donald couldnt get over the fact that Andretti wasnt the project manager and kept going on and on about it and it was obvious that that was the only reason he was fired.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:29 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Spoiler
Just a few of my thoughts on the eighth episode...

1. All the goodwill that Gary Busey had built up was negated by his comments about murders in Johannesburg. It's a good thing he's not a U.N. diplomat. I was also very disappointed in his total lack of effort with this task. If his team somehow lost, he deserved to be fired. Luckily for him, his team won despite him. He better get it together, though from the preview of next episode, he doesn't appear to rebound. We'll see. Gary, I agree with Penn Jillette: shut the **** up.

2. Two episodes ago it was Trace Adkins who dodged a massive bullet after a fireable offense. This time it was Lil' Jon. I considered him to be the strongest player until this week, but he knocked himself down a peg by insisting that Brande Roderick choose "adventure" as their theme, but then claiming in the boardroom that "romance" was the easier theme. You can't have it both ways, Lil' Jon, and it could be argued that you cost Brande her place. You're lucky she saved you, because you could have just as easily been fired if she brought you back. In fact, that would have been the smart move.

3. I never watched Piers Morgan obliterate Omarosa as it happened during the first season of Celebrity Apprentice. In fact, I've only watched the show for the last three-and-a-half seasons, beginning halfway through the season when Bret Michaels won. In the time I've been watching, though, this was easily the most lop-sided competition I've seen in that time. Penn took down Brande's entire team virtually all by himself. The experience he created was good enough to make the South African travel bureau executives completely overlook the two glaring flaws in his presentation.

4. Not only did Penn own all their asses, but I agreed with the executive who said that Brande's team put together a very juvenile, unprofessional presentation. Even Dee Snider's failure in the second episode made more sense than the crap Brande's team put together. Simulating a zip line in an office chair?! Are you ****ing kidding me?! That room was big enough to rig a zip line in. And the shark diving display was barely any better. Honestly, each person on Brande's team was guilty of a firable offense: Brande for her lack of focus, Lil' Jon for making the team bite off more than it could chew, Trace for his lack of involvement, and Marilu Henner for coming up with the stupid idea to simulate a zip line in an office chair. Shame on all of them.

5. All I know for sure at this point is that Gary won't be the next Celebrity Apprentice. I think he'll be the next to go, followed by Lisa Rinna, who seems to be the biggest skater left. My prediction for the final four will be Penn, Trace, Lil' Jon and Mariilu.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:39 PM

477 posts, read 803,022 times
I really enjoyed tonite's episode.

All I can say is ....look out for the shark,LOL

Old 04-21-2013, 10:05 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieAmber View Post
Penn is just there. He hasnt done anything that has gotten my attention.
Have you changed your mind yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastyork View Post
I really enjoyed tonite's episode.
Honestly, I think this season had a slow start, but has gotten better and better the last few weeks. I really think Omarosa's presence dragged everybody down and contributed to the slow start.

Last season was different. It started nice and fast, and most of the celebrities seemed to get along and work well together, but the problem was, those who brought the good vibe were mostly fired early in the season, so from the middle of the season up through the penultimate episode, the antics of Aubrey O'Day and Lisa Lampanelli started to drag everything down and make the show less enjoyable until they were both fired. It didn't help that Clay Aiken and Arsenio Hall were the least appealing finalists in a while either.

I guess what I take away from this comparison is that people like Omarosa and Aubrey O'Day are so nasty that they manage to sap the fun and enjoyment out of everything and everybody.

Last edited by Craziaskowboi; 04-21-2013 at 10:15 PM..

Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 PM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I commend Penn this week in his dealing with Gary. The highlights all week show this over and over again. It seemed even worse in person. Gary, however... to his credit, wasn't too bad in the board room.

All I can say about the rest and not need a spoiler can be summed up with this... Trace was a class act with one specific thing he did right there in the board room tonight. He can be a gentlemen when he needs to be. I like his simplicity and bluntness.

I think it will be
Spoiler
Trace and Penn
in the end.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:15 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Is it just me or does Trace Adkins seen a lot more sullen and quiet this season than the season he was on before?

Pen did an excellent job. I like Gary but they gave Gary too much credit, he did nothing.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Is it just me or does Trace Adkins seen a lot more sullen and quiet this season than the season he was on before?

Pen did an excellent job. I like Gary but they gave Gary too much credit, he did nothing.
Trace was quiet on his Season. I think it's just his personality...

I liked how he told Trump to give so and so money when they got fired... Trace is a good guy.

Top 3 picks right now

Trace
Penn
Lil John...

Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
I think Lil John should have been fired and not Brandie. She made the mistake of not bringing him back to the boardroom.

I liked that she said she didn't get any money and Trace said the same thing and DT was decent enough to give her $20K for her charity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV