Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 12:34 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times

Advertisements

You used to love them but it's all over now.

For me, it's

Game of Thrones
Why would I invest any interest in any characters, since they won't survive the season? If I can't invest in any characters, why watch it?
Did we just go through an entire season without seeing Bran, really?
Sure, the show has great visual FX but after 5 seasons, been there done that.

Orange Is the New Black
Season 3 is just bleck. Piper is a bipolar idiot. As are the show runners because only a bipolar idiot would make a major extended plot line out of smelly panties and have their character dance on a picnic table while extolling the advantages of extra stinky panties.
Even Pensatucky has lost her mojo. Donuts, really, is that all she has to rant about now? As much as I used to like this show, I hate it now by a factor of 10.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 06-16-2015 at 12:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 05:52 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
I already dumped, "The Blacklist". I believe it was the 1st episode of this half season, where Red was arrested and being sent to an oil rig-like prison. Almost in time to stop a prison break that he knew about.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:00 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
THE WALKING DEAD
When this show is good, it's one of the best shows on TV. Last season had a fantastic premiere and a decent ending. Everything in between was just constant whining and complaining with intermittent zombie bashing.

HANNIBAL
I loved the first season. I was never able to finish the second. Just too ridiculously gruesome. Rather than concentrating on the main characters, the show became an exercise in the most disgusting ways to murder people.

GAME OF THRONES
I don't mind main characters dying; that's part of great drama. But someday, in writing courses, when the topic of today's lesson is, "When a story loses its focus," the class will watch Game of Thrones.

SONS OF ANARCHY
When I lost every last ounce of sympathy for every character on the show, I quit. I no longer wanted anyone to win. I hoped they all rotted in prison. In the end, Jax had the same problem as Hamlet: His own obstinate, stupid refusal to pull his head out of his own hindquarters. I never bought his undying loyalty to the club. It didn't seem loyal. It seemed willfully stupid.

DOCTOR WHO
... is on the fence. The writing has just gotten so, so bad. Once the show comes back, I may give the Doctor an episode or two. If there isn't a substantial improvement, I'm out.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:18 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
I agree with OITNB. It's as if the writers were excited after Season 1 that they were such a big hit, so they had a meeting and decided "yay, now we don't have to try so hard!"

Old 06-16-2015, 06:42 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Orange is the New Black- really boring season
Game of Thrones- I am on the fence. I love this show, but find it very hard to follow.
Grey's Anatomy-

Old 06-16-2015, 06:56 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,076,730 times
Bones
Dr. Who

Top Gear, if they try to revamp it without May, Hammond and Clarkson.

I don't watch much network tv anyway.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:11 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
My current bottom ten:

Sense8. I'm five episodes in, and as of last night, I cannot make myself sit and watch any more. I find it that boring.

Nurse Jackie. What, is she selling drugs now?

The Americans. I stopped in the middle of season two. Maybe I'll watch more. Maybe I won't. No particular reason.

Grey's Anatomy. It's just not the same without ................ Cristina. You thought I was going to say Derek, didn't you? I miss Meredith's "person." Derek had hardly been part of the show for a long time, other than all that dicking around with NIH.

Game of Thrones. I never really liked it. I think I stopped watching after the third season, but it might have been the second.

RHONJ. It never got interesting again after Danielle left. The Teresa-Melissa dynamic always felt forced, scripted. It's the only Real Housewives I watched.

The Food Network. Once the competitions took over, I took off. I canceled all but basic basic cable + HBO + Showtime. I now watch cooking shows on Create TV (PBS). The only one I miss from FN is Ina. But Martha Stewart's Cooking School and ATK/Cooks' Country with no commercials more than make up for Barefoot Contessa.

House of Cards. I didn't watch the third season. Towards the end of the second season, Frank and Claire's relationship with Meachum was the only interesting part of the show, and people told me Meachum was hardly in season three. I've always found Kevin Spacey irritating, so I didn't go back.

The Good Wife. The storytelling has become soap opera-stupid, and I found myself watching only sporadically last season. With Matthew Goode gone, I am probably gone for good, too. Plus, there's the whole football effect. TGW is no longer interesting enough to watch a day later.

How to Get Away with Murder. It's on the bubble. I didn't watch the second half of the first season except for the finale. I don't care enough about anyone on this show to try and unravel all the secrets and lies. It made my brain hurt. So when The Slap appeared Thursdays at 9, I watched it and got away from Murder.

Last edited by jay5835; 06-16-2015 at 07:34 AM..

Old 06-16-2015, 08:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Mike and Molly for starters, followed by Modern Family. Someone mentioned the Food Network, I watch very little of it anymore. I used to enjoy so many of the chefs, but, yes, it has become nothing more than a daily competition show. I am still watching "Future star" and I will watch 'worst cooks".The rest either poor game show quality or repeats. If I have to see Guy go to one more Drive In or Dive I think I will scream. In fact TV period is a bore. We watch sports, still like Family fued (even that hubby is tired of) and we watch some political programs. plus the nightly news.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:50 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,493,092 times
Hannibal - It is visually/cinematographically beautiful, and very well-written dialogue. But emotional torture to sit through.

Bloodline - Boring.

Blacklist - Too formulaic.

I miss Parks and Rec .....

Old 06-16-2015, 11:04 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
THE WALKING DEAD
When this show is good, it's one of the best shows on TV. Last season had a fantastic premiere and a decent ending. Everything in between was just constant whining and complaining with intermittent zombie bashing.
Agree with that, and i'll throw Hell's Kitchen and Pawn Stars on my list as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV