Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 05:32 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure what younger people think about last night but I loved the show.

Pink, Pharell, Carol King, the Radio active song, Byonce, etc...all amazing performances. The 17 was a little creepy to me and looked like someone from a horror movie so I had to look away due to her weird facial images but she sang well.

This was my favorite Grammys. Even the wedding part song was good but that part could for me have left out but at least they didn't went into it too much and showed all kinds of couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 05:36 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm not sure what younger people think about last night but I loved the show.

Pink, Pharell, Carol King, the Radio active song, Byonce, etc...all amazing performances. The 17 was a little creepy to me and looked like someone from a horror movie so I had to look away due to her weird facial images but she sang well.

This was my favorite Grammys. Even the wedding part song was good but that part could for me have left out but at least they didn't went into it too much and showed all kinds of couples.

I didn't watch it all...enjoyed seeing Paul and Ringo together though I won't rush out to buy Paul's new song....
Is Pink trying out for Cirque du Soleil? What was with the trapeze act? Just seemed dumb to me...
and is there any doubt at all she had to lip synch thru that part??

Old 01-27-2014, 06:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
It was a very good night at Grammys it was good seeing newcomers sweeping up the Grammys like Lorde with her song 'Royal' beating the royals Katy Perry, Justin Timperlake and Pink for best pop solo performance.

It was awesome Daft Punk winning five awards and Macklemore with four awards.
I always enjoy the music put out by the robots and I like the suits a lot especially Ryan Lewis suit he had on.

It was beautiful when Macklemore sung 'Same Love' towards the end of the song with 33 couples, straight couples, lesbian couples, and gay couples tied the knot with Madonna mixing in "Open Your Heart'. We all are one wanting equal love.

Here it is for anyone wants to see

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert & Madonna performing "Same Love" at The Grammy's 2014 HD - YouTube

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-27-2014 at 07:49 AM..

Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
I watched the "performances" on youtube this morning.

None of those so called singers can sing, except the country singer (forget her name). I guess gyrating naked on stage passes for music these days.

Awful, awful. Give me Macy Gray or Adele anytime.

PS. Madonna looked like an idiot with that gold grill. Having bad teeth is considered fashion? Seriously?

Old 01-27-2014, 08:48 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,880,620 times
It was ok. By the way, the Grammy Awards are made here in Ridgway Colorado by a local artist.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,608,945 times
I looked it up. Pink used to be a gymnast. She's done these aerial acts before on other shows.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:06 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
The Grammys are a joke of an award. They spend billions fawning all over some of the most talentless people in music.

Consider this: Queen, the Who, Jimi Hendrix, Chuck Berry, ZZ Top, Bob Marley, Sam Cooke, the Ramones, the Sex Pistols, Sly and the Family Stone, CCR, the O'Jays, Curtis Mayfield, the Kinks, and the Byrds never won a Grammy. But Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake have.

The Grammy is not an award for talent. The Grammy is simply a very expensive commercial for bad music.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:21 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
Pink is an amazing performer. She did a similar routine last year at The Grammys, and it is breathtaking to watch. Her performance last night was equally spectacular.

My favorite part of the evening was seeing Paul and Ringo performing together on stage.

Ringo did a great job performing Photograph.

Personally, I didn't thing Lorde's Royal was good at all. Not sure why they are so popular? I think either Pink or Bruno Mars should have won over Lorde.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,324,858 times
Does anyone else think that the Grammy Awards are turning into the VMAs?

Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,207 times
Pink was awesome, always is. Kris Kristofferson was great, so was Metallica, you can keep Beyonce and Jay Z, absolutely no talent there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV