Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 01:38 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I knew he was an absent father, but that's not uncommon in any family.
Yet it is very telling of a man's character don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Well, he left Yoko and took up with May Pang. He called it his "lost weekend". It lasted nearly 2 years. It was supposedly Yoko's idea.
I had forgotten that did a google search after your post (thanks for the memory jog) found her web page and this was the first sentence. Pretty telling of her character too I'd say sad that was her claim to fame & she had no other highlights to top it.

Quote:
May Pang, world-renowned confidant and companion of John Lennon, has been in the public eye for over three decades.

Bio - MAY PANG OFFICIAL PAGE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 03:18 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,546,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

Pretty telling of her character too I'd say sad that was her claim to fame & she had no other highlights to top it.

Did you read that bio page? She had/has plenty of other accomplishments and achievements. She wasn't a one-hit-wonder because of a fling with John Lennon.

Did Paul or Ringo ever acknowledge Yoko Ono in the audience during the show?

Old 02-17-2014, 03:40 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Did you read that bio page? She had/has plenty of other accomplishments and achievements. She wasn't a one-hit-wonder because of a fling with John Lennon.

Yes I read it but her bio page started out with the above sentence I quoted. So John has been dead 34 years nothing since their affair highlights her life? Nothing?

I don't recall them acknowledging Yoko but they might have I don't know sorry.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,692,694 times
Quote:

I had forgotten that did a google search after your post (thanks for the memory jog) found her web page and this was the first sentence. Pretty telling of her character too I'd say sad that was her claim to fame & she had no other highlights to top it.

Good heavens..........and has a picture of John at the top of her page instead of a picture of herself.

Pathetic!

Old 02-17-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:

You might not have read it.

All she has accomplished is that of a community blabbering activist. She's done absolutely nothing with her life. Appearing on Entertainment Tonight and speaking in front of a goofy class on learning to write music like John Lennon really doesn't count for much.

As far as acknowledging Yoko, I don't recall them mentioning their own wives. I'm pretty sure the audience could see for themselves that all of them were sitting together, front and center. No need to mention something so obvious to all. Well...most.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:24 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,546,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You might not have read it.

All she has accomplished is that of a community blabbering activist. She's done absolutely nothing with her life. Appearing on Entertainment Tonight and speaking in front of a goofy class on learning to write music like John Lennon really doesn't count for much.

As far as acknowledging Yoko, I don't recall them mentioning their own wives. I'm pretty sure the audience could see for themselves that all of them were sitting together, front and center. No need to mention something so obvious to all. Well...most.
Whoa. I guess I interpreted that article differently than you did. It looked to me like she has accomplishments to her credit in the music business and in other things. No need to insult me. No need whatsoever.

Also, I did not see that Yoko Ono was sitting with Paul McCartney and his wife and Ringo and his wife. It looked to me like she was sitting in a different part of the front row of the audience, but hey, I guess I am not very observant. Sorry. Wow.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:31 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,072,717 times
Quote:
Whoa. I guess I interpreted that article differently than you did. It looked to me like she has accomplishments to her credit in the music business and in other things. No need to insult me. No need whatsoever.

Also, I did not see that Yoko Ono was sitting with Paul McCartney and his wife and Ringo and his wife. It looked to me like she was sitting in a different part of the front row of the audience, but hey, I guess I am not very observant. Sorry. Wow.
That is the way it looked to me too.

I didn't see one shot that showed them seated together.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:53 PM

Admittedly, I'd have to look again, but I seem to recall Olivia, Yoko, and Sean being seated close to Barbara and her sister. Seemed to me like they were all more or less together.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:22 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,736,118 times
Yoko was seated next to Ringo's sister-in-law, Marjorie. The camera quickly showed Marjorie and Yoko dancing together. It was, however, hard to tell if Olivia was seated with them in the front row.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,584,342 times
Quote:

The bio sounds like it was written by her, and inflated. There is a lot of "Pang contributed to", "was involved in", "was asked to contribute to..." (doesn't mean she did, just that she was asked). I don't know. Sounds like a lot of self-hype. And, for someone who only spent two years on and off with Lennon, 30 years ago, she sure has milked that time for all it's worth. She seems really desperate to be important, and this is the only claim to fame she has.

This is really desperate:

In 2008, St. Martin's Press released Instamatic Karma, a collection of Pang's personal photographs of John Lennon. Fine art prints of these portraits have been exhibited in major galleries across the country.

Last edited by Marcy1210; 02-17-2014 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: added quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV