Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,404,445 times

Advertisements

What did everyone think about this show? I like the fact that is more of a concert than just another awards show. I did like and not like the guest singers that Nirvana used. I had a tough time with the actual singing, but I like that they went with a punk feel.

I think that Bruce Springsteen did a great job with the E Street Band. They did a great job showing how tight the band is.

I did not see it all, but look forward to seeing it on my DVR when I get back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 09:42 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,548,409 times
I watched 2/3's of it last night and will probably watch the rest. I thought the Linda Ronstat tribute was excellent. Also enjoyed Hall & Oats and Cat Stevens (and Peter G. and Bruce). Skipped over the Kiss part (while I like some of their songs, I am not a fan of the group). Overall I thought it was great and will finish watching it this week.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:15 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,862,682 times
The last singer for Nirvana was truly awful. What a terrible voice. Joan Jett was great. Love seemed stoned as ever. Cat Stevens sounded great. I kinda missed the rest as not a fan. I'll catch it later maybe. I honestly don't get the entire concept anyway. Artists don't need a sports like HOF. It's just weird.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:18 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,215,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
What did everyone think about this show? I like the fact that is more of a concert than just another awards show. I did like and not like the guest singers that Nirvana used. I had a tough time with the actual singing, but I like that they went with a punk feel.

I think that Bruce Springsteen did a great job with the E Street Band. They did a great job showing how tight the band is.

I did not see it all, but look forward to seeing it on my DVR when I get back home.
I passed on that noise, since it had VERY little to do with REAL Rock N Roll.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:27 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,013,722 times
Watching it now. Fast forwarding thru parts of it. Never cared for Nervana but it had it's time in history.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
I watched 2/3's of it last night and will probably watch the rest. I thought the Linda Ronstat tribute was excellent. Also enjoyed Hall & Oats and Cat Stevens (and Peter G. and Bruce). Skipped over the Kiss part (while I like some of their songs, I am not a fan of the group). Overall I thought it was great and will finish watching it this week.
Musically, KISS is kind of a joke. If they started out without the gimmicks, I doubt they would have even gotten a record contract. But then, a lot of other groups in the HOF would not be in there either.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
I passed on that noise, since it had VERY little to do with REAL Rock N Roll.
I agree! Having a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is very un-Rock and Roll. Adding to bad situation, the selection process is crazy.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:07 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Musically, KISS is kind of a joke. If they started out without the gimmicks, I doubt they would have even gotten a record contract. But then, a lot of other groups in the HOF would not be in there either.
Yup.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:45 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
I fell asleep during Bruce Springsteen's diatribe. I really enjoyed the tribute to Linda Ronstadt, although Bonnie Raitt looked a little out of it. Cat Stevens was great, I wasn't expecting him to perform.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
I fell asleep during Bruce Springsteen's diatribe. I really enjoyed the tribute to Linda Ronstadt, although Bonnie Raitt looked a little out of it. Cat Stevens was great, I wasn't expecting him to perform.
Cat Stevens gave up singing for religious reasons for so many years. It is great to see him perform again.
Father & Son is one of the greatest songs in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV