Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 10:32 AM

922 posts, read 1,151,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post

Jess was way out of line with her planned 100.00 bill schtick. Too immature.
He was so deeply offended that he pocketed the money before storming out. Just like how angry & hurt he was that she broke not 1 but 2 watches his grandpa gave him that he wore the watch she bought for him cause it was better than the $10 Timex she broke.

I loved what she did because it exposed him for the penny pinching broke loser that he is. I'm sure he returned hoping she would offend him again by throwing another $100 at him so he could pocket that too! LOL!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 11:05 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,425,097 times
More post-reunion thoughts:

Why didn't they just let the experts run the reunion? There were so many questions that Kevin didn't ask or didn't follow up on, and the questions he did ask were just platitudes ("Why did you do the show....what did you learn,...etc"). We've BEEN through all that!!!

It was obvious the show was heavily edited, as we have heard that Jess accused Ryan of doing drugs and that never made it into the show. One thing that I picked up on with Ryan is that he was most furious with Jess for bringing up the money on camera, and then the V-day card. Again, he seems to be emulating his grandparents' marriage where you didn't discuss family business in public and certainly didn't "diss" your husband in public. He really wanted a subservient wife like his grandmother, who could be told "Shut up, Anna!" and that was OK. His apologies for the way he acted are obviously BS, because when he got mad on the reunion, he went right back to acting the same way.

That said, she is very immature, with crushing the watches and the $100 bill stunt. Did you catch him say "You have to have a personality"...and then he added something like, "that is compatible" or some such thing, but that was another issue all along -- he didn't think Jess HAD a personality. She was quiet and reserved, and he was sarcastic...so he just tuned her out as "dumb" when she didn't understand a lot of his sarcastic "jokes".

Yes, it was interesting that Davina was the only female who didn't go over to the experts. She may have been bristling from the "villain" edit she got. I do think all that "Sean needs to figure out who he is" was code for "he's gay".

I was furious at Jaclyn for giving Ryan a second (third!) chance last night! I KNEW he was not interested, but he was boxed into a corner by the experts, who wanted so badly to have at least ONE success story. He was merely being polite by saying what a great girl she was. And then for her to have to apologize for her big personality -- that is sad. She should take her big over-the-top personality and find somebody who appreciates her and thinks it's fun that she's one of the "dudes" -- WHY would she even think about giving that Mana's boy and his non-matching veneers another chance?

It was VERY interesting reading on another page the posts from a former crew member who said the show was so rushed that the guys weren't vetted at all.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:09 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,782,251 times
Interesting I didn't notice that Davina was the only one that didn't go over and hug the experts. Could have been edited

I really think that she realized Sean was gay, and was pissed at the experts for not doing their job. So it was a very FU to them, deservedly so.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:35 AM

922 posts, read 1,151,690 times
The rumors that Jess accused him of being a drug addict/dealer at the reunion was obviously untrue. Even People confirmed that this never happened prior to the reunion airing. Not to mention he would never have hugged and kissed her at the end had she pulled that. I mean even a sleazeball dirtbag like him must have some morals?

Old 06-17-2015, 11:35 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,908,267 times
I think the experts were way off this time. I was reading somewhere that if you add the two success stories from last season together the success rate for both shows would be about 30%. That's lower than the average rate of marriage. That's not even to say that both couples who lasted from the first show will even last 5 years. Anyway my thoughts:

Sean and Davina: I didn't like how she was branded a villain. I think she's a strong career woman and that is often attacked. I don't know if Sean is gay but it was obvious he had no interest. The "experts" seemed to be blaming her when it was both. They'll never see each other once divorce papers are finalized.

Ryan D and Jessica: Horrible situation that I don't think will ever go away, at least for now, I see them both in court for years to come all because of this. Ryan is obviously a chauvinist and I wouldn't be surprised if he hit her but it wasn't shown. The experts really messed up this one and Jessica should sue everyone involved. She wasn't completely innocent either.

Ryan R and Jaclyn: This was the couple everyone thought would make it. They were the only ones who seemed not to have grudges against each other. I can see a friendship between each other and maybe love down the road but probably not for awhile. However I suspect they'll go through the divorce like the others and go their separate ways. Ryan will be a man child like so many men today and marry later or never. Jaclyn will be snatched up and married within 5 years to someone else.

This season was a mess and doubt I'll watch again. I generally hate reality TV but was curious about this and the success. It proved it doesn't work, especially if the men aren't screened.

Last edited by Idon'tdateyou; 06-17-2015 at 11:47 AM..

Old 06-17-2015, 11:44 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,019,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
The rumors that Jess accused him of being a drug addict/dealer at the reunion was obviously untrue. Even People confirmed that this never happened prior to the reunion airing. Not to mention he would never have hugged and kissed her at the end had she pulled that. I mean even a sleazeball dirtbag like him must have some morals?
from what i read over the past month..... ryan got what jess threw at him and more. when you can expose a fraud just do it

Old 06-17-2015, 11:48 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,830,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I think the experts were way off this time. I was reading somewhere that if you add the two success stories from last season together the success rate for both shows would be about 30%. That's lower than the average rate of marriage. That's not even to say that both couples who lasted from the first show will even last 5 years. Anyway my thoughts:

Sean and Davina: I didn't like how she was branded a villain. I think she's a strong career woman and that is often attacked. I don't know if Sean is gay but it was obvious he had no interest. The "experts" seemed to be blaming her when it was both. They'll never see each other once divorce papers are finalized.

Ryan D and Jessica: Horrible situation that I don't think will ever go away, at least for now, I see them both in court for years to come all because of this. Ryan is obviously a chauvinist and I wouldn't be surprised if he hit her but it wasn't shown. The experts really messed up this one and Jessica should sue everyone involved. She wasn't completely innocent either.

Ryan R and Jaclyn: This was the couple everyone thought would make it. They were the only ones who seemed not to have grudges against each other. I can see a friendship between each other and maybe love down the road but probably not for awhile. However I suspect they'll go through the divorce like the others and go their separate ways. Ryan will be a man child like so many men today and marry later or never. Jaclyn will be snatched up and married within 5 years to someone else.

This season was a mess and doubt I'll watch again. I generally hate reality TV but was curious about this and the success. It proved it doesn't work, especially if the men aren't screened.
I agree..it was a mess...the parts I saw.....not going to waste my time on it...

Old 06-17-2015, 11:51 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,019,836 times
from Jac Fb page.... the dinner never happened.... Ryan R went back home and the two havent spoken

Old 06-17-2015, 11:53 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,908,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
I agree..it was a mess...the parts I saw.....not going to waste my time on it...
I felt all season it was a mess but kept with it until the conclusion. It was boring this season and off.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:55 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,547,034 times
I almost missed part 2 b/c I thought it was next week but when i actually saw it WAS indeed part 2 I stuck around for the train wreck!! OMG WTH! And I agree with another poster.. How come the experts didn't ask more ?'s- they were mute most of the show! I sure hope S3 is MUCH better and interesting than this season.. which was just all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV