Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 12:21 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Have you ever met him?
NO, but do I need to meet him to evaluate his past behavior?

I have certainly been exposed to him enough on TV because he leaps in front of every TV camera he sees.

He has also been reported on a lot by the racing sports media for improper behavior as well as cheating.

Are you aware of the "rocket fuel" violation from the Daytona 500 a few years back?

He is a phony, jaynarie. At least in my opinion after following NASCAR for years.

OK I see where you are a NASCAR fan too. So we might as well leave it as we see him in a different light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 12:24 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
There are probably just as many first-hand reports of Michael's genuine down-to-earth niceness as there are third-hand reports of his being otherwise. At least one person, who lives close to him and has seen him in person, has posted here about how good he is.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:41 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
NO, but do I need to meet him to evaluate his past behavior?

I have certainly been exposed to him enough on TV because he leaps in front of every TV camera he sees.

He has also been reported on a lot by the racing sports media for improper behavior as well as cheating.

Are you aware of the "rocket fuel" violation from the Daytona 500 a few years back?

He is a phony, jaynarie. At least in my opinion after following NASCAR for years.

OK I see where you are a NASCAR fan too. So we might as well leave it as we see him in a different light.
I'm actually not a fan of either Waltrip brother. I don't necessarily dislike them, either. Pretty neutral.

However, I did spend 6 years living in the Lake Norman area of North Carolina. For over a year I lived right next to his race shop. I've met Michael on multiple occasions- sometimes near his race shop, other times while he was going about his every day business. While he comes off a bit more excitable on TV, but my experience with him has always been very positive. He's been nothing but incredibly kind and genuine to people. There are other NASCAR stars and their wives(or girlfriends)- current and former- who are not so nice in person.

Oh, and name one team that hasn't either been caught cheating or been reported to cheat. It is part of the game. They push the envelope. Sometimes its legal, other times it is not.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:06 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I'm actually not a fan of either Waltrip brother. I don't necessarily dislike them, either. Pretty neutral.

However, I did spend 6 years living in the Lake Norman area of North Carolina. For over a year I lived right next to his race shop. I've met Michael on multiple occasions- sometimes near his race shop, other times while he was going about his every day business. While he comes off a bit more excitable on TV, but my experience with him has always been very positive. He's been nothing but incredibly kind and genuine to people. There are other NASCAR stars and their wives(or girlfriends)- current and former- who are not so nice in person.

Oh, and name one team that hasn't either been caught cheating or been reported to cheat. It is part of the game. They push the envelope. Sometimes its legal, other times it is not.
Jaynarie, I have to defer to your obviously more first hand experience with Michael Waltrip.

My impressions are totally as a racing fan and certainly not as a neighbor.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:37 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Between the two in jeopardy (although the show hasnt been using that term for the past 2 weeks), the right one went home.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:08 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Between the two in jeopardy (although the show hasnt been using that term for the past 2 weeks), the right one went home.
Agreed!

Old 11-03-2014, 10:04 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Guess Michael thought it was "walking with the stars," did not see his dance tonight. Hard to watch him when everyone else is trying so hard. Anyway, some nice guys don't dance?

Old 11-03-2014, 10:15 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
More like "Stomping with the Stars"

Old 11-03-2014, 10:49 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
I have seen many male stars who have no flexibility (Buzz Aldrin, Michael Bolton, etc), but Waltrip's right up there with some of the worst. I'm glad he finally went home, although, sadly, I think Tommy will be next. I saw Peta talking to him throughout their dances reminding him what he needed to do. That's got to be hard on the "teacher" to have a student with memory problems. She's a trooper, though! So is Tommy. His heart seems to really be in this.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:15 AM

987 posts, read 1,746,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I have seen many male stars who have no flexibility (Buzz Aldrin, Michael Bolton, etc), but Waltrip's right up there with some of the worst. I'm glad he finally went home, although, sadly, I think Tommy will be next. I saw Peta talking to him throughout their dances reminding him what he needed to do. That's got to be hard on the "teacher" to have a student with memory problems. She's a trooper, though! So is Tommy. His heart seems to really be in this.
Yeah, I noticed that too
God Bless him though, between doing this show & flying back to doing his gig w/Cheech (a tour?), he's really trying his darndest (??) At least Michael went before he did, otherwise it would have been the past all over repeating itself & me stating I'm never watching the show again (which is a complete lie), lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV