Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 05:31 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,737,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
But how on earth did he raise more money than 2 former professional athletes? I think even if the fishermen make a fortune in their seasons, the money goes to the crew and back into maintaining their boats. Unless they make huge amounts of money by doing the show.
I think part of the problem is that I'm not sure T.O. has a lot of football friends left. I seem to remember he burned pretty much every bridge when he played. He has more or less found himself since retiring but I wonder if many of his former teammates would answer the phone if he called looking for money.

I could also be completely off base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 05:32 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,737,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Capt. Sig isn't a host he's a commercial fisherman. He/his family own the SV Northwestern - Sig is the Capt. This guy might be a 'celebrity' but he's also a working man. He earns his money.

by "host" I meant it was his show.... I know he is a commercial fisherman

Old 01-16-2015, 05:36 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,778,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
for once I was speechless when Geraldo behaved in such a manner with the Executives there He is such a bully and an arrogant SOB. But then I think he knows that and considers that an attribute.
I would have fired him if I were the PM.

I say Leeza for the win too.
Watching the boardroom on this show reminded me why I stopped watching this show. Geraldo's script was crap and did not follow what the execs requested. The fix was in and Trump kept saying he'd fire Lorenzo when the directing is not what failed the team. Utter garbage. Geraldo was so ridiculously disruptive that he should have been fired on his undermining alone.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:00 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,808,968 times
totally agree with the first hour -in so far as who got fired. Did I miss something or did Ivanka NOT offer up any $$$$ to the winning PM???

Second hour winning team NO Freaking Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh Uh..............nope...............just no. No.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,768,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
totally agree with the first hour -in so far as who got fired. Did I miss something or did Ivanka NOT offer up any $$$$ to the winning PM???

Second hour winning team NO Freaking Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh Uh..............nope...............just no. No.
Pippy so true!! I was only half watching. Lorenzo fell on his sword, and really he should have. It wasn't fully his idea, but ultimately he is the one to make the final decision. The video was terrible.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:02 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,849,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Pippy so true!! I was only half watching. Lorenzo fell on his sword, and really he should have. It wasn't fully his idea, but ultimately he is the one to make the final decision. The video was terrible.

The team captain always makes the final decision. If that were the criterion for determining who gets axed, why even go through the motions?

Regarding Shawn, The Donald fired her for not having volunteered to be the team captain; that was odd. She could have simply asserted her ideas but she didn't do that, either. No great loss.

As for Lamas, I was sorry to see him go. I thought the winning team's video was ridiculous with a cat fight on the street (it's Jerry Springer all the way) and rolling around in bed in lingerie. No doubt, though, that company's honchos are run by young idiots today.

In this case, it was all about the idea, which was his (and which lost), so he probably would have been fired anyway. That means more of Kate's noncommittal bafflegab and clown faces. Oh goodie
One more thing: I remember LL from when he starred in Falcon Crest. Not only was he easy on the eyes back then (and still is), but he was also, according to entertainment reports at the time, the one keeping peace on a set full of fighting women.

He was, and still is, a class act.

Last edited by Delahanty; 01-20-2015 at 07:50 AM..

Old 01-20-2015, 07:39 AM

8,818 posts, read 21,296,866 times

.... and (imho) his video was so much smoother and classier.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-20-2015, 08:24 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

.... and (imho) his video was so much smoother and classier.
I thought for sure they were going to win. That other one barely glossed over the brand name.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:47 AM

750 posts, read 1,435,564 times
Both Kenya and Vivica seem to be angling to be the next Omarosa, attacking female castmates. My granny would call each of them "a nasty piece of work."

The other cast members are very entertaining and seem to understand the dynamic of the show.

Well, maybe not Geraldo. He seems to think this is his very own showcase, and he's the star. The man's got a healthy ego, doesn't he?

I do hope there are some challenges that are not so focused on female buyers. Sig Hansen was right about that!

Old 01-20-2015, 09:55 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,768,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The team captain always makes the final decision. If that were the criterion for determining who gets axed, why even go through the motions?

Regarding Shawn, The Donald fired her for not having volunteered to be the team captain; that was odd. She could have simply asserted her ideas but she didn't do that, either. No great loss.

As for Lamas, I was sorry to see him go. I thought the winning team's video was ridiculous with a cat fight on the street (it's Jerry Springer all the way) and rolling around in bed in lingerie. No doubt, though, that company's honchos are run by young idiots today.

In this case, it was all about the idea, which was his (and which lost), so he probably would have been fired anyway. That means more of Kate's noncommittal bafflegab and clown faces. Oh goodie
One more thing: I remember LL from when he starred in Falcon Crest. Not only was he easy on the eyes back then (and still is), but he was also, according to entertainment reports at the time, the one keeping peace on a set full of fighting women.

In this case I think Lorenzo should have gone, because the video was supposed to be a viral one. What they produced was simply a commercial, nothing to make it viral. As the decision maker he failed. As the apM he didn't do part of the task, making it viral. He didn't try to brainstorm ideas, he went with his team, led them to a good commercial. So IMO he should be fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV