Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:18 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Or maybe Hannah's dad is going to have a sex change operation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 12:25 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I liked last night's episode. Mimi-Rose is a manipulative nutcase. I'm glad to see Adam regretting a little, though I pray that doesn't mean he'll try to get back together with Hannah. Those two had a toxic relationship. I thought it was funny that Jessa introduced Adam to Mimi-Rose for the sole purpose of getting together with her boyfriend, who apparently still loves Mimi-Rose. Jessa is definitely not a good friend to have.

I'm kind of hoping that the teacher can forgive Hannah and they can get together eventually. He was cool.

My guess from watching the preview is that Hannah's dad is leaving her mom for another man. I remember Elijah saying her dad seemed gay to him in Season 1, and I've always thought he seemed a little different. I've been thinking this was coming since the Iowa episode when they had dinner.
I was thinking the same Thing, that he swung both ways. Mimi Rose and Hanna are almost exactly alike. Hanna can be just as manipulative and needed as Mimi Rose, she just goes about it differently.
The cab ride scene was Pretty Funny. In real life, by the end of that cab ride, the two girls would have been cat fighting.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I was thinking the same Thing, that he swung both ways. Mimi Rose and Hanna are almost exactly alike. Hanna can be just as manipulative and needed as Mimi Rose, she just goes about it differently.
The cab ride scene was Pretty Funny. In real life, by the end of that cab ride, the two girls would have been cat fighting.
I don't think Hannah's like Mimi-Rose at all. She's completely selfish and honest about it, but she's not manipulative or deceptive. I think Mimi-Rose wants to be unselfish even if her motives may be just to make herself look good. She seems manipulative, but that could just be her ex-boyfriend trying to get into Adam's head.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:31 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,607,055 times
My bet is that Hannah's dad has cancer or some similar disease, and is dying. Didn't he go in for some kind of procedure a few episodes ago, and Hannah was too self involved to listen to him about it?

Old 03-06-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
My bet is that Hannah's dad has cancer or some similar disease, and is dying. Didn't he go in for some kind of procedure a few episodes ago, and Hannah was too self involved to listen to him about it?
I forgot about that. If that's the case, then why did the mom sound so angry when she was having him tell her in the preview? Maybe, but I hope not. Mid-20s is young to loose a parent.

Last edited by katygirl68; 03-06-2015 at 06:50 AM..

Old 03-09-2015, 07:53 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
I think this is the best season by a good margin.

Why did it take so long for everybody to realize that Hanna was never a writer, she was just infatuated with the idea of being a writer?

I'm enjoying the Ray plot line, too.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:42 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Good Episode Last Night!
Hannah Is so full of herself, it's funny.
Shoshanna Has issues. It's cool when, a girl talk dirty and knows what she wants from a man. Not cool is, Bringing it up during dinner

Old 03-09-2015, 02:40 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,529,014 times
Very funny episode last night. I though that had been coming for a while with Hannah's Dad. The show is so well written. Sosie Mamet is such a good actress - she was so totally different on Mad Men than she is as Shoshanna.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Good Episode Last Night!
Hannah Is so full of herself, it's funny.
Shoshanna Has issues. It's cool when, a girl talk dirty and knows what she wants from a man. Not cool is, Bringing it up during dinner
True! I think it was to show that she's still relatively inexperienced. She's learning though.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I think this is the best season by a good margin.

Why did it take so long for everybody to realize that Hanna was never a writer, she was just infatuated with the idea of being a writer?

I'm enjoying the Ray plot line, too.
Hannah may be a good writer, but she has a hard time with criticism. I think she would be a great teacher, as long as she remembers not to leave campus with a student and encourage her to get a piercing under the tongue. Yuck! I suspect the girl's parents are going to find out when the girl gets an infection or can't talk properly, and then all hell is going to break loose. Hannah will never be allowed back in the school. But, I hope not because I like where this could take her.

Teaching would be a great job for a writer since they only work about 280 days a year.

I really want Ray to win his city council position and get together with Marnie. Clearly he likes her, and Marnie has to come to her senses about her boyfriend and music career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV