Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 08:36 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,863,752 times

Advertisements

Watched this on NBC last night as was absolutely blown away....LOVED it, will be buying the DVD as soon as it's available!

Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors (TV Movie 2015) - IMDb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 09:14 AM

28,127 posts, read 30,052,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Watched this on NBC last night as was absolutely blown away....LOVED it, will be buying the DVD as soon as it's available!

Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors (TV Movie 2015) - IMDb
I loved it, too! It was just so much fun to see how she was as a child. You could definitely see her adult personality and character traits at a very young age. I thought the acting was really good. It was all just an excellent movie.

I have always been a huge Dolly Parton fan, which is kind of funny really, because I am not a country music fan -- at all! I'd go so far as to say that I can hardly bear to listen to about 95% of it. But Dolly's just different.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I loved it, too! It was just so much fun to see how she was as a child. You could definitely see her adult personality and character traits at a very young age. I thought the acting was really good. It was all just an excellent movie.

I have always been a huge Dolly Parton fan, which is kind of funny really, because I am not a country music fan -- at all! I'd go so far as to say that I can hardly bear to listen to about 95% of it. But Dolly's just different.
Totally agree!

Old 12-11-2015, 10:55 AM

18,492 posts, read 31,705,587 times
I only saw up to the part where the baby dies and was buried. The little girl was a scream. I will have to watch it agian if I can.

Im guilty, I fell asleep, it was a busy day for me.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:02 AM

1,664 posts, read 1,926,909 times
It takes a lot for me to sit up, wide eyed and not fall asleep but this movie accomplished that.

It was like a book you can't put down until the last page is read.

Beautifully written and narrated. Actors were phenomenal for anyone paying close attention to facial expressions.

How about that Jennifer Nettles playing Dolly's mom! It appears her acting talent is right up there with her vocal talent. Did anyone watch her host "CMA Country Christmas"?

Anyway, I loved loved loved Dolly's movie. It is one that I will watch again

Old 12-13-2015, 08:08 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,324,249 times
I am not a Dolly Parton musically but I had a feeling that this movie could be interesting, based on her childhood. Unfortunately, I had to miss all but the last 45 minutes of it. The little Dolly sure showed the spunk that got her where she is today.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:24 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,965,611 times
I've always admired Dolly, but I couldn't get past the first half hour, as it was just too "churchy" for me. That's fine if it's her thing, but I find it unwatchable.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:33 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,817,222 times
I enjoyed it. I know they lead hard lives and were somewhat made up to look like it but Rick Schroeder sure has aged.

I thought it was funny when her guardian angel friend came in the school to save her from the bullies when the big kid said, "What are you gunna do?"

Old 12-13-2015, 11:42 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,588,624 times
I recorded it and forgot about it. Now, I'm excited to watch it. I loved Loretta Lynn's story in "Coal Miner's Daughter", so I'll probably love this.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I've always admired Dolly, but I couldn't get past the first half hour, as it was just too "churchy" for me. That's fine if it's her thing, but I find it unwatchable.

Lol, as an ex- evangelical Christian[now atheist], I can get through the religious mumbo-jumbo by just looking at it as another culture, like when I watch a movie set in a foreign country.

Actually the movie did a good job of showing how faith lets you down, prayer doesn't work, and even the faithful get crapped on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV