Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 12:46 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I wondered about this also, but I think he had to learn about the depths of human cruelty. He also had to find out what he was capable of. He couldn't just assassinate Frank Dunning...he really needed to see for himself how it was going to unfold. He had to be pushed to the limit in order to kill him. He did not take that killing lightly.
I liked the episode, like you did, but with just 8 shows in the series I wish they had condensed the time spent on this situation....you do make a telling point that by killing Frank he now knows he can kill Oswald if he has to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 10:31 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I've heard that too. But I guess I am the one Stephen King fan on Earth who thought that IT was a disappointing mess of a book. It seemed painfully evident to me that King was drunk or high or drunk and high while writing most of that book.
You might be!

Old 03-07-2016, 11:44 PM

This episode was well paced with Oswald's various relationships being explored. Jake & Sadie's relationship moved along well, sort of, until Sadie's creepy husband shows up & brings with him a sense of dread that hangs over the couple. Jake is going to need to confront his past & level with Sadie, in some way, considering the way this episode ended.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:34 PM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Ok.. We've gone from Abbott and Costello Stop the JFK Assassination to Dumb and Dumber Stop the JFK Assassination.

Can someone please explain the clothespin thing to me? Maybe I'm just an idiot, but.. I don't get that. Ok.. I just searched it, and apparently I'm not the only one lost on that.

The consensus seems to indicate that if a young boy were caught masturbating, a mother might put a clothespin on it.. Which leads to a confusion of pain, pleasure and all kinds of mommy issues. So, apparently, he couldn't have pleasure without having the pain..

And Oswald has a frickin' New England accent. There's no question now.. It was plain as day in this episode.. Why does Oswald have a New England accent?

Old 03-20-2016, 08:47 PM

Really; too much time spent on the personal relationships in this episode....if the show was planned out for 12 or 14 episodes I could understand it. There are only 8 episodes in the season & unless they are planning a second season I don't know about, I don't understand why they are delving into the personal peccadilloes of these characters to such an extent as they did in episode 5. This is about the JFK assassination after all....

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 03-20-2016 at 09:05 PM..

Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 PM

Episode 6 was excellent. The idiot Bill, who Jake should have got rid of long ago, really blew up all of Jake's plans every which way to Sunday. I knew he was going to be a nightmare at some point. Lot of Oswald in this episode.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:48 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Matt Frewer wasn't memorable? The guy who played Rat Man? I thought Laura San Giacomo was really good as Nadine Cross.

I tend to agree that Sheridan wasn't the right choice.. But, I thought Ferrer did pretty good though. He did better with the character than it was written in the book.. Remember, Lloyd Henried was pretty much a sniveling little weasel in the book.

The movie series, if it gets made.. Let's just hope The Kid makes it in. I keep hearing that they want McConaughey in it.. I've heard as Redman or as Flagg.. I can't stand him, but he'd make a far better Flagg than Redman.

There were far more homeruns than misses with the casting in the miniseries. Sinise, Ruby Dee, Ossie Davis, Matt Frewer, Ray Walston, Bill Faggerbakke, Kareem (Who could be recast with Shaq, probably.. lol).. I can't think of better casting choices for them.
You mean trash-can man.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:55 PM

I liked the book. It was interesting on how time would "push back" in ever increasing ways. And the consequences of changing history.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:02 PM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You mean trash-can man.
No. I meant what I said. There's a question mark to end the first question, then there's a second question.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
No. I meant what I said. There's a question mark to end the first question, then there's a second question.
Ah, OK, Matt Frewer was the trash-can man. The rat-man was played by Rick Aviles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV