Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 12:05 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Figured i'd bring this back up, since we're halfway through the semi-finals.

I haven't watched the results show.. I've pulled the results online..

Sal Valentinetti - This guy is amazing.. He reminds me of a Seth McFarland. Old school voice. I am surprised.. I thought he might be on the bubble because he performed so early.

Blake Vogt - Good magician, but.. Poor showmanship. Not surprised to see him go. Any 'normal' year, he could have made the finals.

Edgar - Their "God Bless the Broken Road" performance.. I just didn't care for the song choice/arrangement. I like the song, like them, but didn't overly like the two together. Again, a normal year, they're in the finals.

Lori Mae Hernandez - Rubs me the wrong way. That nasally voice. Not sad to see her go. If she's writing all her own jokes, she is talented, tho.

Musicality - This is the one I disagree with.. I loved the performance, and it was a great song for them. At worst, they should have been on the bubble

Deadly Games - Amazing act. Again, in any other year.

Tape Face - Lucky to get through. I thought he'd be in the bottom. I've seen that performance online before, and it was done far better then. I'm glad he made it through, but he's lucky.

Jon Dorenbos - Astounding. He could win it.

Grace VanderWall - Now, I was blown away by her first performance, but.. It's been rather pedestrian for me since that first one.

Malevo - I think Simon said they'd be in Vegas headlining within 3 years. I agree.

Laura Bretan - Astounding voice.

I probably would have taken VanderWall and Tape Face out and put Musicality and Deadly Games through.

Next week..

I figure these are the acts that don't get through

Kadan Bart Rockett
Kadie Lynn Robertson
Sofie Dossi
Steven Brundage
The Passing Zone
Jayna Brown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 12:47 PM

6,425 posts, read 4,917,410 times
This show is more about ratings than talent. They got rid of Malevo so the Passing Zone could torment Simon. Malevo was one of the best acts ever on there and I would pay to see them in Vegas. Brian Crum went on how he was bullied and "came out" but didn't mention that he has been appearing on Broadway. "In actuality, Brian has been expressing himself for quite some time, as a veteran theater actor. He joined the touring cast of Wicked at 17, and hasn’t looked back since. In New York City he performed in: Altar Boyz and Grease on Broadway. He played Doody in the Grease national tour. He was an understudy in the Broadway play Next to Normal. Famed Broadway writer/composer Stephen Schwartz became a mentor. Brian toured with the Broadway musical, The Addams Family as Lucas Beineke and as Galileo Figaro in Queen’s rock theatrical We Will Rock You. In the latter, Brian had the opportunity to perform with Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor. My fav acts left are The Clairvoyants, Grace VanderWaal, Laura Bretan and John Dorenbos.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:57 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
My fav acts left are The Clairvoyants, Grace VanderWaal, Laura Bretan and John Dorenbos.
I'd add Viktor Kee in to the list.. Again, I don't care for the Clairvoyants (They just rub me wrong).. Don't get VanderWall and Bretan is a great vocalists, it's just.. Opera.

Kee is not a juggler.. He's an artist.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:16 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I just don't understand why a show called "America's Got Talent" is judged by two Brits, one German, and a Canadian.

When they have all American judges, I'll watch.

And yes, it's been this way for several years, and the "Got Talent" shows originated in Britain, but I've always felt this way about America's Got Talent.
Even worse for me....some of the "talent" is not american either.

IMO all the contestants should born in the USA.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:08 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Whose going to pay big bucks to go to a Las Vegas show to see a 12 year old off key singer? Last week and this week her singing was way off key, sounded like she had a cold or raw throat.
That finality had to be a fix. There were so many other excellent talented performers that should have won. Big disappointment tonight.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:21 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Whose going to pay big bucks to go to a Las Vegas show to see a 12 year old off key singer? Last week and this week her singing was way off key, sounded like she had a cold or raw throat.
That finality had to be a fix. There were so many other excellent talented performers that should have won. Big disappointment tonight.
I didn't care for her, either.

I liked Sal, but honestly, he isn't that good a singer. His musicality is lacking but he's strong on personality. He mostly just shouted out his songs. I enjoyed him, though.

The little opera singer was great. Viktor was...I couldn't take my eyes off his junk.

What was with Nick and his silly turban?

Old 09-15-2016, 05:36 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,087 times
I'm glad Grace won. You could tell she was just a normal girl and it's amazing that she writes her own songs and she has such an original voice.

Sal annoyed me (and I think there should be a rule that if you have performed on another show, you are ineligible for this show). That rule would have eliminated Sal (American Idol), Laura Bretan (WON Romania's Got Talent), Brundage and Vogt (both were on Penn & Teller's Fool Us), Passing Zone (were in the finals of this very show in Season 1).

Being from Long Island I think what annoyed me about Sal the most was he was such a caricature of Long Island and it was way too over the top. That stupid cousin with the cigar. It was like he was trying for his own reality show. Plus, who would go an buy an album of him? If you want to listen to that music, you'll buy the original.

My favs were Grace, Dorenbos, BJC, and Viktor.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:38 AM

6,425 posts, read 4,917,410 times
I am glad Grace won as well. Considering her You Tube video has over 35,000,000 views her victory was not surprising.
It turns out she will be in Las Vegas for 3 shows in October with The Clairvoyants and Tape Face. Those were my 3 favorites except for Malevo were who really were spectacular and were eliminated in lieu of Passing Zone, whose main claim to fame was torturing the Judges and throwing knives past Simon. Malevo was the only act I would pay to see.

'America's Got Talent' Winner Grace VanderWaal Books Vegas Concerts | Billboard'America's Got Talent' Winner Grace VanderWaal Books Vegas Concerts

Old 09-15-2016, 08:29 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
How come they didn't ask the Clairvoyant's who was the winner just before the winner was announced? Seems like that would be easy for them.

No problem with Grace winning after all it's a reality TV show and we know nothing is real.

IMO Sal is the real thing as far as a LV act.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:54 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

What was with Nick and his silly turban?

Well, at least it covered up his silly little man-bun, looked like he was auditioning for the remake of Gunga Din.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV