Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,150,389 times

Advertisements

Anyone see the previews for this "show"? Why would anyone in their right mind who is a doctor or married to one, go on this show! I can't believe grown women behave that way.

Married to Medicine Season 1 | Bravo TV Official SiteMarried to Medicine Season 1 | Bravo TV Official Site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,168,124 times
Were these women all rejects from Real Housewives of Atlanta?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:25 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
You can get rejected from those shows?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 PM

693 posts, read 1,041,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Anyone see the previews for this "show"? Why would anyone in their right mind who is a doctor or married to one, go on this show! I can't believe grown women behave that way.
All I have to say about this seemingly ridiculous show is . . . really?!

Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Default Married to Medicine on Bravo: Atlanta Women on Steroids!

If you are a fan of the "Real Housewives" shows on Bravo, you will no doubt enjoy the newest offering from Bravo, Married to Medicine.

The show, set in Atlanta, concerns several wives of medical doctors, plus two female doctors (who are, I guess, also 'married' to medicine).

Three episodes in and it is already one of our favorite reality shows.

At least one of these women (Kari, the only white woman of the group, like Kim of the RHOA) is very, very impressed with being the wife of a doctor. Indeed, a good drinking game would be to take a blast every time Kari says "and being the wife of a doctor". Kari also has puffed up her lips to an alarming extent. It is fascinating to see these two red clown lips move up and down.

The 'villain' thus far appears to be Quad (short for an unpronounceable name). So far, she and Kari do not get along. Kari keeps saying that Quad (new to the scene in Atlanta, with her psychiatrist husband), does not understand what it means to be 'the wife of a doctor' (drink). Watch how Kari keeps referring to Quad's husband as being a 'psychologist', which gets Quad madder than a wet hen.

For those already watching: two of the MDs are emergency room doctors. Yet, one lives in what appears to be a fabulous house on a lake, while the other (married to Toya) is hunting for a 1.3 million dollar house (at least she is; he does seem to keep saying 'how can we afford this?').

My question: do ER doctors actually make that much? I always thought that after residency a medical doctor may work for a while in an ER to get more experience, but that the pay (and the long hours, which is mentioned) is rather poor.

Anyway, if you like the Bravo Housewife shows, this one is right up your alley.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 AM

114 posts, read 231,965 times
its just a bunch of ghetto girls that found doctors to marry

Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I started a thread on this show but it never got a response.

My wife and I really enjoy it. Several of the women (especially Kari) are very, very impressed that they are 'married to doctors'. The fight between two of the women (I think Toya and Mariah, if I have their names right) was something to see.

As I said previously: this show is for those who like the Housewives series. It is the same format. However, unlike some of the other Housewife shows, which take a season or two to develop the personalities and drama, Married to Medicine quickly grabs your interest.

One question I have: two of the doctors (male) are Emergency Room physicians. Their houses seem well beyond what I would expect an ER doctor to earn. One is talking of purchasing a million dollar or more house: can an ER doctor make that kind of money? Or is he simply taking on staggering debt?

Again, if a fan of the Housewife shows, this show is up you alley.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:54 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,240,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
One question I have: two of the doctors (male) are Emergency Room physicians. Their houses seem well beyond what I would expect an ER doctor to earn. One is talking of purchasing a million dollar or more house: can an ER doctor make that kind of money? Or is he simply taking on staggering debt?
ER Physicians make good money. One of the top-paying careers according to CNN Money. They can make anywhere from $250k-370k. Here is a link:

20 highest-paying jobs - Emergency Room Physician (3) - Money Magazine

Mariah stated in her Bravo TV Blog that her husband graduated debt-free from medical school. That's how they can afford that lifestyle.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,320 times
Quote:

My wife and I really enjoy it. Several of the women (especially Kari) are very, very impressed that they are 'married to doctors'. The fight between two of the women (I think Toya and Mariah, if I have their names right) was something to see.

As I said previously: this show is for those who like the Housewives series. It is the same format. However, unlike some of the other Housewife shows, which take a season or two to develop the personalities and drama, Married to Medicine quickly grabs your interest.

What many people may not realize about the cast of this particular show is that they're each accomplished, degree'd businesswomen- all of them, even the doctors wives. Bravo simply chooses to focus on the husbands, since that is the premise is the show.

Mariah has a dual degree in business and communications and worked as a journalist and associate producer for an NBC affiliate in Chattanooga TN previously. Quad has a degree in biology and works in medical sales, and Toya has a masters in education. Not sure about Kari, but it goes without saying that Dr. Jackie and Dr. Simone are able-bodied, educated women as well. So it's not as if they're all living off their husbands accomplishments without making any contributions of their own- monetarily speaking.

Last edited by NorthDeKalb; 05-02-2013 at 11:12 AM..

Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,320 times
Quote:

What people may not realize about the cast of this particular show is that they're each accomplished, degree'd businesswomen- all of them, even the doctors wives. Bravo (and Mariah, since she's one of the executive producers) simply chooses to focus moreso on the spouses, since that is the premise the show.

Mariah has a dual degree in business and communications and worked as a journalist and associate producer for an NBC affiliate in Chattanooga TN previously. Quad has a degree in biology and works in medical sales, and Toya has a masters in education. Not sure about Kari, but it goes without saying that Dr. Jackie and Dr. Simone are able-bodied, educated women as well. So it's not as if they're all living off their husbands accomplishments without making any contributions of their own- monetarily speaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV