Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 07:10 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

WOW!!!!! What a great series!!! Totally didn't expect that ending...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 07:26 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Okay, having seen the ending it's a bit hard to tell why there was much police involvement at all. They would have investigated, but if all four (five) witnesses had simply told the truth it would have been closed out pretty quickly as defense of others.

Who would want to prosecute one of those rich women?

Old 04-03-2017, 12:35 PM

101 posts, read 103,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I don't like Nicole Kidman at all. I've never enjoyed any movie that she's been in. (However, whenever I've seen her interviewed I find her totally and completely personable and likable.)

In this movie/series/whatever you want to call it: I thought she was FANTASTIC! Definitely the best-acted part in it, in my opinion.
Yes! Not a Kidman fan at all but this role let me put that aside.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:53 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Okay, what was the deal with Bonnie having so much violent rage to push Perry down the stairs like that ? She didn't even know them that well, but she had disturbingly been watching Celeste and Perry all night.
She was the the "peace and love" character.

And why did Jane superimpose Perry as her rapist--- because his violence'toward Celeste brought back all the memory and drama for her?

Old 04-03-2017, 04:19 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,027 posts, read 6,544,694 times
My 40 yo daughter seems to believe that Perry WAS her rapist. I did not come away with that belief but I trust her opinion more than my own......

She also believes that Kidman will win an Emmy for her role. I cannot argue with that......

Old 04-03-2017, 04:55 PM

19 posts, read 15,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

And why did Jane superimpose Perry as her rapist--- because his violence'toward Celeste brought back all the memory and drama for her?
It's been a long time since I've read the book but I think it was clearer in the novel that he really was her rapist.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:37 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Okay, what was the deal with Bonnie having so much violent rage to push Perry down the stairs like that ? She didn't even know them that well, but she had disturbingly been watching Celeste and Perry all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
My 40 yo daughter seems to believe that Perry WAS her rapist. I did not come away with that belief but I trust her opinion more than my own......

She also believes that Kidman will win an Emmy for her role. I cannot argue with that......
he definitely was her rapist. Remember all the flashbacks to the incident, in many of them he's pouring a bottle of champagne, he pours the bottle with his pinkie in the air, very deliberate.

just before he ran down to find wife Nicole Kidman he was talking to Laura Dern's husband and picked up a bottle of liqueur and poured it the exact same way, the camera angle was from kind of far away but that gave me chills, knowing it was all coming to a head and they were telling us it was Perry.

even the fact that Ziggy really is the half-brother of the kid who really was biting/bullying Annabelle even though he was blamed for it, Jack got his violent tendencies from his father but the good of Jane's DNA and parenting won out.

in the end they flashbacked to another beach scene and finally showed it was Perry who was running, why would they do that if it really wasn't him? it was the last episode.

that's who I thought it was the first few episodes although I strayed away with all the confusion. If you remember the first time Jane and Celeste meet, at the café sitting al fresco, there was a lock-on moment when Jane and Celeste first meet and they lock eyes for a bit longer than normal, might've been the first episode, I thought that might have been foreshadowing and it was.

really good series and at first I thought, I'm not watching this , too much drama but it was really good.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:48 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
No Season Two. This is it... exec producer confirms no more.

‘Big Little Lies’ Season 2: Will There Be a Second Season? | TVLine

Quote:

They had alluded earlier in the series that Bonnie was a victim of abuse herself. So I think watching Perry attempt to beat the **** out of his wife brought all her rage to the surface.

There was no doubt Perry was Jane's rapist. Remember the scene they showed several times this season where Jane is lying in bed after being raped, and the guy walks out of the room, his face in shadows? They showed it to us again last night, and we could see it was Perry.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
I didn't pick up on the hints about Bonnie being an abuse victim, but why do we have to posit that she was in a violent rage? She was acting entirely reasonably to protect Celeste from deadly force.

He had it coming.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:30 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I didn't pick up on the hints about Bonnie being an abuse victim, but why do we have to posit that she was in a violent rage? She was acting entirely reasonably to protect Celeste from deadly force.

He had it coming.
Totally agree. But the word I used was "rage", not violent rage. And I think most people would agree that she was in a rage at what she was seeing.

Wiki: Rage (often called fury or frenzy) is a feeling of intense, violent, or growing anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV