Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 11:32 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times

Advertisements

I'm so tired of checking out my email or browsing the websites and suddenly there's a link or web clip of a spoiler popping up about a TV series that I am watching and I haven't caught the latest or up to date yet.

Why the hell these websites have to keep hinting or posting spoilers of what is going to happen? I am so sick of that.

This is why sometimes I just don't bother watching the latest TV series and then binge watch the whole season so I don't give a frack what the spoilers are and just go for binge watch when season is over. So sick and tired of the media these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 11:39 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I'm so tired of checking out my email or browsing the websites and suddenly there's a link or web clip of a spoiler popping up about a TV series that I am watching and I haven't caught the latest or up to date yet.

Why the hell these websites have to keep hinting or posting spoilers of what is going to happen? I am so sick of that.

This is why sometimes I just don't bother watching the latest TV series and then binge watch the whole season so I don't give a frack what the spoilers are and just go for binge watch when season is over. So sick and tired of the media these days.
Get a better Spam filter for you email account? Also, it sounds like you need to adjust your browser setting higher for pop-ups.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:40 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Because it's no longer a spoiler if the show has aired. It's no one else's fault that you haven't caught up yet.

If you record the Superbowl to watch later, is no one allowed to discuss who won until you have a chance to watch it? Same concept.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:03 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

The only site I'm signed up for is each show thread here. If people post it's my choice whether to read or not.
If you're getting emails on certain shows then you must be signed up for it. Next time either don't open the email or open it and hit unsubscribe. Same with staying off of sites that would tell you about the episode

Old 03-13-2017, 07:14 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Because it's no longer a spoiler if the show has aired. It's no one else's fault that you haven't caught up yet.

If you record the Superbowl to watch later, is no one allowed to discuss who won until you have a chance to watch it? Same concept.
To an extent.

I think it is perfectly acceptable for outlets to write articles discussing the last night's episode of (whatever). My problem is that in this age of DVRs there are countless people watching episodes after they aired. If you want to have an article about a show maybe not spoil it in the title. Heck last week I was walking by the tv. A teaser for "Entertainment Tonight" came on. "See what's next for recently ousted bachelorette Corinne". Thanks guys, we hadnt seen it yet. Is it that hard to say "who got the boot last night? See it here and see what's up next for them".

Our local news (as well as GMA) loves to discuss "Dancing with the Stars" the day after elimination. Since we DVR the show it means we dont watch that news for 2 days every week. Seems to not make sense to give folks a reason to change the channel.

To me, if I have seen the episode I dont need you to tell me about it. If I havent seen the episode and want to, I dont need you to spoil it for me. If I havent seen the episode and didnt want to then I have no interest in you telling me about it. Basically nothing good comes from you telling me about it.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:18 AM

So how long are they supposed to wait? A day? A week? A month? Too soon and people complain that they haven't watched it yet. Too late, and the relevance is gone.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:32 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
That doesnt address my point,.

You can spoil it 30 seconds later if you want. Just dont put it in the title or in your teasers. Also just know that if you wasnt to talk about it in my morning news I will change the channel. If that is ok then knock yourself out.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
That doesnt address my point,.

You can spoil it 30 seconds later if you want. Just dont put it in the title or in your teasers. Also just know that if you wasnt to talk about it in my morning news I will change the channel. If that is ok then knock yourself out.
Doesn't seem to bother them (at least on GMA). Their teasers at the top of the hour usually don't say exactly what happened, but that they'll be talking about it in more detail (i.e. "Shocker on the dance floor last night. Who was sent home, and what does it mean for the remaining contestants?")

Old 03-13-2017, 11:24 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post

To me, if I have seen the episode I dont need you to tell me about it. If I havent seen the episode and want to, I dont need you to spoil it for me. If I havent seen the episode and didnt want to then I have no interest in you telling me about it. Basically nothing good comes from you telling me about it.
Once the info gets out I have no real interst in watching the episode.

Old 03-17-2017, 08:29 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post

With TV series being made available digitally for viewing at any given time, airing a TV series is meaningless. There are several series that are only available on Netflix and Amazon Prime that are not on OTA TV or cable stations.

My point being that websites have a right to talk about the show but they do need to be sensitive like some reviewers by posting the *Spoiler alert* title.

That's why last year Game of Thrones kept sticking to the story that Jon Snow was dead yet the media kept speculating that he's alive and trying to lead stories about him being alive with sketchy proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV