Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:43 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,032,420 times

Advertisements

Why would Peter be the next Bachelor when he doesn't want to propose to someone he loves. He'd be in the same predicament if he was the next Bachelor, he doesn't want to make a mistake and it will take time for him to be truly committed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 08:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Why would Peter be the next Bachelor when he doesn't want to propose to someone he loves. He'd be in the same predicament if he was the next Bachelor, he doesn't want to make a mistake and it will take time for him to be truly committed.
Not all bachelors propose at the end. It isn't a requirement.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:26 AM

794 posts, read 1,325,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I just don't think her decision should've been based on who she knew for sure would propose in the end. I don't think she needed to know beforehand whether the guy was going to propose. She should just enjoy the "amazing journey", choose the "winner" based on what she feels in her heart, and the proposal (or lack thereof) should be a surprise. That's just my opinion!

Agree. 100%.

Old 08-09-2017, 01:24 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I think this was the best Bachelorette season ever! I really enjoyed it, mainly because Rachel was smart and articulate, which is unusual for the protagonists on this series. And a lot of the men were of better quality this season, too; especially Peter. And I'm still team Kenny .
I agree. She is articulate & can clearly speak through her tears/sadness to have a conversation. Must be the lawyer in her.
Quote:
I understood where Peter was coming from, but I also understand Rachel not wanting to accept anything less than an engagement.
I love how self aware Rachel was. She knew she didn't want to repeat her past relationship failures by dating guys with no long-term future.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:16 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Not all bachelors propose at the end. It isn't a requirement.
That's not the issue.

Some didn't propose because in the end it was not the person for them but Peter made different statements.

The other ones that didn't propose said they were looking for marriage and ready to propose at the end but the girl wasn't the one to propose to.

Old 08-09-2017, 04:38 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,705,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That's not the issue.

Some didn't propose because in the end it was not the person for them but Peter made different statements.

The other ones that didn't propose said they were looking for marriage and ready to propose at the end but the girl wasn't the one to propose to.
And just to add to that, there is no requirement, and never has there been a requirement, to propose at the end. It was only Rachel's personal requirement in this particular situation. Not every bachelor/bachelorette absolutely requires it. "Prefer"it? yes, but it has not been a firm personal requirement like Rachel. (at least so far anyway )

Old 08-09-2017, 05:08 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Saw an interview with Rachel and Bryan this morning and she was much more articulate in stating that she chose Bryan because of love, nothing more.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:20 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That's not the issue.

Well as a viewer, it doesn't matter to me whether there's a proposal since most of these couples split up anyway. Maybe more of them would stay together if they didn't feel pressure to get engaged immediately.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:19 PM

6 posts, read 7,380 times
I haven't watched every episode, but I've seen a few of Rachel and Bryan's interviews. Bryan seems like a good man, but only time will tell.

One thing is for certain, he's very attractive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJAGtw942iM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV