Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,864,142 times

Advertisements

I thought it was so unique (haha) how the teams had pulled the knives so that 2 guys and 2 girls were on each team?!?!? Can't wait to see how it pans (no pun intended) out but I have a feeling that someone from the Grooms team will go next.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Great episode!! I think I would have died if I had to work that long! I pulled some all-nighters in college but nothing like that!

I really thought Dale showed his true colors in this episode. I know others might have been on his side in the whole Lisa thing, but damn he was a freakin' baby last night.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:50 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
They made the right decision sending Nikki home. The previews for next week look great; Andrew (right name?) creepy next week!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Great episode!! I think I would have died if I had to work that long! I pulled some all-nighters in college but nothing like that!

I really thought Dale showed his true colors in this episode. I know others might have been on his side in the whole Lisa thing, but damn he was a freakin' baby last night.
Let me ask all of you - would you let Top Chef film at your wedding? I have to think they picked up the tab for the reception. Still...

Nicky has been bossy this entire show. I think if she had 3 different teammates she would have asserted herself in the planning. I actually agreed with the judges in letting her go for this offense. They practically told them "wedding wars" was a substitute for "restaurant wars" so they should have known the take charge people were going to be the winner/loser chefs. Still, where was the Italian food?

Also, what Richard did with Stephanie was really, really nice.

Here's the shocker I'd like to see - Lisa and Dale unite to beat up (figuratively) conniving Spike. Lisa was very smart to keep her mouth shut on last night's show. I'd like to think it was because they already praised her cake so she knew she wasn't going but she did the smart thing --- although the faces were priceless. Also, she did look to Nicky for guidance and that's not her usual m.o.

Top Chef is on too late. I want to eat when I watch it. I woke up this morning craving cake.

I think Spike should go next. He's been on the losing team a lot.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:33 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,864,142 times
Now that Nikki has gone home.....can Mark come back???

I thought that cake the Groom's cake that Lisa made looked horrible.....good thing Steph made a nice cake for the Bride!

I thought that it was smart of the winning QF team to pick the Bride instead of the groom.

That "relay" was crazy....I could not imagine doing all that stuff they had to do........especially the Monk fish!!

Old 05-08-2008, 01:16 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
I would have been furious to have chocolate and lemon cake! How does that go together? Plus I hate fruit in my food. I would have liked the taste of the groom's cake much better. I love hazelnuts.

Nikki should have been embarrassed to admit that she was scared to take control. She had catering experience and was the "Italian chef". Dale. He needed a nap, lol. I'm glad Stephanie stepped back up. I really like her.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
You know, I don't remember Dale ever criticizing Lisa for her food. That comment, "She made bacon and she wins a trip to Italy?" was really a comment about the judging. The other night (wedding wars ep), I could swear I heard Dale cheering Lisa on when she was up during the quickfire. They may not get along but I think he respects her cooking.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:39 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
I'm kinda bummed, cuz I really like restaurant wars, oh well. I, too, was glad to see Nikki go. That challenge was her thing, and she choked. And Dale often acts like a spoiled child.

God, how can anyone eat a monkfish!? that thing looked nasty.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:00 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Let me ask all of you - would you let Top Chef film at your wedding? I have to think they picked up the tab for the reception. Still...

Nicky has been bossy this entire show. I think if she had 3 different teammates she would have asserted herself in the planning. I actually agreed with the judges in letting her go for this offense. They practically told them "wedding wars" was a substitute for "restaurant wars" so they should have known the take charge people were going to be the winner/loser chefs. Still, where was the Italian food?

Also, what Richard did with Stephanie was really, really nice.
I'm sure the show paid to shoot at the wedding. I would let them do it at my wedding. I think it would be a lot of fun. Despite being female I generally find weddings boring so I would have liked it.

Nicky did not want to risk being the leader when it was so obvious she should have been. It sounded so dumb when the judges asked who took charge and she replied that it certainly wasn't her. She was trying to play it safe and it cost her!

It was very cool of Richard to do that. He showed a lot of class in acknowledging the work and risk Stephanie took. That's worth as much or more than the actual prize.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:22 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,807 times
I would soooo want them to do my wedding, it would be fun! I bet those people are big shots in Chicago which is why they got to have top chef there. I really saw Dale's true colors; I was liking him until now. Nikki seemed lame that she did not want to take control of the menu. That groom's cake looked like a disaster but I guess it tasted good. Till next week.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV