Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 07:52 PM

3,263 posts, read 5,004,124 times

Advertisements

We live in Orlando, FL. My partner is originally from Philadelphia and is a huge Eagles fan. He would like to be able to watch every Eagles game on TV.

Currently he's paying through the nose for a DirecTV package that enables him to watch Eagles football, but I said there has to be a less expensive way.

Does anyone know of a cable service, or a Roku app, or something, that makes it possible to watch Eagles football every weekend? We don't mind paying a reasonable amount for it, but DirecTV is way too expensive.

The only other alternative is to go sit in a sports bar every Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 08:20 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
Sunday Ticket is the only legal way to do it. Directv offers a standalone ST if you dont want to pay for satellite service but you do have to go through them

Old 05-03-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Sunday Ticket is the only legal way to do it. Directv offers a standalone ST if you dont want to pay for satellite service but you do have to go through them
Thanks for this. Can't do it through Sling TV somehow?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:45 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,729,447 times
Directv is the exclusive provider for the NFL. The only way to get it is through them

Old 05-03-2017, 08:46 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,006,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
Thanks for this. Can't do it through Sling TV somehow?
Sunday Ticket is the only way I know. NFL SUNDAY TICKET.TV | NFL.com

Sling TV offers NFL network and ESPN so you can view whoever is playing in the Thursday night and Monday night nationally televised. time, but most games are on Sunday and are on over the air channels ... your local FOX and local CBS stations. Some Sling or other TV streaming services may offer local channels in your area, or you can use an antenna or just cable. But either way, your local station will carry the game it is assigned to by the NFL.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:10 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
We live in Orlando, FL. My partner is originally from Philadelphia and is a huge Eagles fan. He would like to be able to watch every Eagles game on TV.

Currently he's paying through the nose for a DirecTV package that enables him to watch Eagles football, but I said there has to be a less expensive way.

Does anyone know of a cable service, or a Roku app, or something, that makes it possible to watch Eagles football every weekend? We don't mind paying a reasonable amount for it, but DirecTV is way too expensive.

The only other alternative is to go sit in a sports bar every Sunday.
LOL! I remember wanting to watch the Cowboys in Eagle territory. Had to go to sports bar. Had to stay on the DL as a Cowboys fan!

There was a brawl brewing once, my friend was a little over-enthusiastic about us winning. OMG. They 86'd him but told me that was for his protection.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:34 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
The same way I watch the Yankees games both in Florida and South Carolina....... I have a Slingbox on top of my Jersey Optimum cable box so I can fire up and control the cable box and watch all the Jersey/NY/Philadelphia stations where ever I have an internet connection.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:29 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,307,138 times
Slingbox also, the slingbox sits in someone's house in NY , I log onto te app and then use a roku to watch it on my TV here in Florida , watch the Buffalo NY stations and catch every Bills game

Old 05-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
The same way I watch the Yankees games both in Florida and South Carolina....... I have a Slingbox on top of my Jersey Optimum cable box so I can fire up and control the cable box and watch all the Jersey/NY/Philadelphia stations where ever I have an internet connection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newred5 View Post
Slingbox also, the slingbox sits in someone's house in NY , I log onto te app and then use a roku to watch it on my TV here in Florida , watch the Buffalo NY stations and catch every Bills game
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Slingbox would require that we have access to the broadcast Eagles games to begin with, which then would be "slung" ("slinged"?) to our TV in Florida. Tmozer, you have your Slingbox in New Jersey, and newred5, yours is in New York, right? We don't have access to broadcast Eagles games in the Philly area.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:21 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,029 posts, read 6,546,818 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Slingbox would require that we have access to the broadcast Eagles games to begin with, which then would be "slung" ("slinged"?) to our TV in Florida. Tmozer, you have your Slingbox in New Jersey, and newred5, yours is in New York, right? We don't have access to broadcast Eagles games in the Philly area.
Correct. You have to have a broadcast connection (via a cable box/card) somewhere that has New York/Philadelphia sport team broadcasts.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV