Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 09:16 PM

230 posts, read 114,896 times

Advertisements

Forgot it was on tonight! Guess I'll just on demand it later...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 09:20 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I got home from bowling last night and just HAD to watch it!!! Some of the oldie moldies will prolly give them young calves a run for their money. And, there are some annoying donkeys on there, namely that young black chick from the 'hood. She's just cocky - not confident. But I think the pretty Puerto Rican gal may be able to back up what she says she can do - at least this week, anyway. Looks like it's gonna be a good season. I was beginning to think HK was never coming back!!!!!

Old 09-29-2018, 09:21 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Hi! I watched and already don't think that black woman who can't take directions or use common sense should win. Argh, I HATE mushrooms and even I know you need to wash fresh mushrooms!!!

Yeah Boston! Chowdah.

Was that pink pork they served?? When has it become okay to eat pink pork????? I don't care how chic it is, I wouldn't put that in my mouth! Moooo.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:38 AM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi! I watched and already don't think that black woman who can't take directions or use common sense should win. Argh, I HATE mushrooms and even I know you need to wash fresh mushrooms!!!

Yeah Boston! Chowdah.

Was that pink pork they served?? When has it become okay to eat pink pork????? I don't care how chic it is, I wouldn't put that in my mouth! Moooo.
Pink pork has been more or less ok for quite some time. The risk from it being undercooked as long as it gets to the proper temperature has apparently diminished over the years due to modern farming practices. Now, one can argue about those practices.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ature-for-pork

I personally don't like pork cooked until it's so dry until it's almost jerky, which is how it was cooked for eons. My mother was an expert at that. I also don't like it pink but medium and still moist is perfect.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:59 AM

6,138 posts, read 4,500,962 times
I want Kevin to win, hands down. He had the bad luck to come up against the one person who was better than him way back when and I think he deserves it. He can Chow-Dah all he likes, I think he is a mighty fine chef and good worker. Not gonna name the two head cases who are out in weeks 1 and 2, but if you watched the show, you can see them unraveling already (again).

Old 09-29-2018, 12:18 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times
I enjoyed. Good to have the show back after so long. Already we have a drama king and a "talks a lot but seems totally inept" person. I like that the PR woman has skills but not a big mouth/ego (or at least she's keeping it in check for the mo' — or should that be moo?).

Old 09-29-2018, 05:29 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
I wonder...how much better they would be able to taste their food if they didn't smoke? Each season it seems a good number of these chefs smoke.

Chef Ramsay should try to help these people quit - free patches!

Found this from back in 2009 - obviously, it's been an issue for a long time.

'Hell's Kitchen' star Gordon Ramsay angry at chefs who smoke - NY Daily News

"The biggest issue with chefs today is smoking," he said, because it numbs the palate. "The first thing I teach a chef is how to taste. If you don't understand how it tastes, you shouldn't be cooking it."

So, my question for Chef Ramsay (not that he would read this)...if you know someone smokes off the chain, would you want them cooking for your restaurant, knowing they most likely have a numb palate????

Old 09-30-2018, 10:28 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Pink pork has been more or less ok for quite some time. The risk from it being undercooked as long as it gets to the proper temperature has apparently diminished over the years due to modern farming practices. Now, one can argue about those practices.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ature-for-pork

I personally don't like pork cooked until it's so dry until it's almost jerky, which is how it was cooked for eons. My mother was an expert at that. I also don't like it pink but medium and still moist is perfect.
Thanks, NBP, my Dad cooked pork to perfection too but with no pink. Cooked and juicey. He passed on his cooking skills to me fortunately.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:59 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
I am not thrilled to see Jen back on the Veterans team. She had no business going as far as she did the first time (and surprise surprise she scored the lowest of the vets on the signature challenge). The rest of them I'm okay with, I think. Brett was kind of a drama king but he also could cook IIRC.

I wish they would bring back the girl from season 5 (Ji I think was her name?) who had to leave early because she broke her leg. I'd rather see the likes of her and Julia (the Waffle House cook), and even Sterling over the likes of Elise, Jen, etc.

Mia on the rookies team looks like the real deal thus far.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:54 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I think the newbies seem more qualified than usual. My pet peeve with these shows is that some contestants cannot even cook the most basic things right. I only watch them to see fabulous cooking. I don’t care for the drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV