Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 11:10 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,097,042 times

Advertisements

My favorite is the one that took place in the lobby of the Chinese restaurant.

"We live in a society!"
"CARTWRIGHT!"
"You're not Cartwright."
"Like a pig at the trough."
"I'll give you $5..."

I know that episode pretty much off by heart and was the basis of one of my best practical jokes.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:39 PM

8,804 posts, read 5,109,228 times
I find 95% of the shows very funny, and so does most of America.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:13 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,316,245 times
The only 2 Seinfeld’s I remember are “Soup Nazi” and “Poofy Shirt”.

But of course, the entire series was famously, about nothing.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:47 PM

51,027 posts, read 36,749,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
My favorite episodes had these bits in them. Jerry and the towel boy at the health club and the near drowning of him with Newman. That was so classic and depicted the characters perfectly, especially how Jerry related the incident. Then there was the highway scene and the fire that enveloped Newman's mail truck, everything that tied in together for that episode was hilarious. The backwards episode was genius. George and the bomb scare at the Yankees. I never liked it that George left The Yankees, every single bit they ever did with George Steinbrenner was brilliant.
I said before that when the show first came on I passed on it because I was familiar with Jerry Seinfeld's comedy routine and he made comments that I'd make. He didn't strike me as insightful because he thought the way I do. But then I watched and saw how the characters interacted and were so well written and I was hooked.
Now if someone can explain to me how " Mike And Molly" or "Modern Family" ever lasted beyond one season, that would be appreciated.
I didn’t start watching modern family until the rerun started showing up on USA and TBS, but now I watch the same episodes over and over just as I do with Seinfeld and the Office.I love it I think it’s hilarious at times.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:47 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,195,466 times
I've seen maybe 10 minutes of Seinfeld, and it was this episode. Never bothered to attempt any further viewing.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:57 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,484,616 times
No one mentioned Festivus for the rest of us? How about the high score ******* game? Lost in the mall parking lot? I loved the episode where Kramer is attempting to multitask and he reveals that he washed the salad while he took a shower. T-Bone/Coco was also hilarious. Way more than five episodes. The soup nazi was based on a real place and person in NY. Dated a guy who ate their lobster bisque and said it was amazing, very meaty. There was also the episode where Jerry saw the same girl alternating as either attractive or weird.

Last edited by DontH8Me; 11-02-2018 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: Why is a popular arcade game's name censored?

Old 11-03-2018, 07:18 AM

11,660 posts, read 12,751,726 times
And the Merv Griffin show epispde

Old 11-03-2018, 07:36 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,842,420 times
I used to love the show as a kid, seen every episode. Now I might watch it, if nothing else is on, or usually avoid it. One day the episode where George thought Jerrys girlfriend was cheating on him and it was just a policewoman and her horse, becaue he lost his glasses. At some point managed to see a nickel on the floor and read the year on it from about 8ft away, had me cackling. As an adult I look at some of the situations and think what self-respecting person does or puts up with whatever, I certainly wouldn't. It doesn't kill the humor and often they remind me of a few white people I know. You could almost say it's our version of british humor or something.

I find myself saying or paraphrasing some stuff from the show. One day I went over a friends house and walked in the door, he asked me how I was just going to walk right in his house, so I turned around, walked back out, and rushed back in Kramer style screaming; "Jerry, Jerry!" His girlfriend about wet herself and the look on his face was just priceless, she about died when she looked at him. Funnier than the time I climbed in his window with a pizza.

If the show aired today, it probably wouldn't make it past the pilot.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:11 AM

51,027 posts, read 36,749,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
No one mentioned Festivus for the rest of us? How about the high score ******* game? Lost in the mall parking lot? I loved the episode where Kramer is attempting to multitask and he reveals that he washed the salad while he took a shower. T-Bone/Coco was also hilarious. Way more than five episodes. The soup nazi was based on a real place and person in NY. Dated a guy who ate their lobster bisque and said it was amazing, very meaty. There was also the episode where Jerry saw the same girl alternating as either attractive or weird.
The "Two-face" girl, lol. I prefer Man Hands but both are good!

Old 11-07-2018, 11:28 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,940,673 times
Gotta' say, I'm a big fan of the Keith Hernandez episodes, especially with the "magic loogie" story & Vandelay Industries.

"The Boyfriend, Part 1" Season 3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV