Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 01:06 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

I find myself hoping Paul Watson falls overboard then gets harpooned by the Japanese because they mistook him for a big blubbery whale. This is the guy who used to spike trees so loggers would be maimed or killed while chainsawing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 10:04 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
Maybe not all of his crew have great maritime skills, but they do have their heart in the right place, and I think it's great to see people actually stand for something...especially defending these defenseless animals...instead of hearing people who don't care about this planet or it's creatures complain and make smart-a*% remarks about them.
But if anyone has ever really paid attention-they do have quite a few skilled people -captains and pilots, mechanical engineers. You don't have to be a sailor to go out and do good in the world.
And it isn't just whales they protect, it's defenseless little seals, dolphins, and other marine life.
Why is it hard for people to understand that humans cannot just go around killing animals, marine life, centuries old trees even...without repercussions? Some things go away and will not ever come back-which isn't just sad, but also become environmentally devastating.
People can make fun of these "misfits" or so called "terrorist" all they want, IMO the only terrorists are the people that go around killing indiscriminately just to make profits.
I have supported SS in the past and will continue to do so.
Go Sea Shepard!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:36 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
But if anyone has ever really paid attention-they do have quite a few skilled people -captains and pilots, mechanical engineers. You don't have to be a sailor to go out and do good in the world.
I'll agree their skills on lying and talking out of both sides of their mouths is exceptional.. These people would have been great if they were on the old Bozo The Clown show since they have no aptitude or skills when it comes to sailing.

Navies around the world should use the film footage of this group as what not to do on the high seas.

Quote:
Why is it hard for people to understand that humans cannot just go around killing animals, marine life, centuries old trees even...without repercussions? Some things go away and will not ever come back-which isn't just sad, but also become environmentally devastating.
Yes the repercussions are very bad, if people don't kill fish people don't eat and die.

Quote:
People can make fun of these "misfits" or so called "terrorist" all they want, IMO the only terrorists are the people that go around killing indiscriminately just to make profits.
I have supported SS in the past and will continue to do so.
Go Sea Shepard!
Here's some facts on what you support:

Lies of the Sea Shepherd and Paul Watson

Here's the history of this terrorist group:

The Sea Sbepherd list of violence acts:

1972 Iran Founder Paul Watson spends two weeks in jail. Espionage

1977 Seattle WA Founder Paul Watson spends one day in jail. Trespass

1980 Quebec Canada Founder Paul Watson spends ten days in jail. Breaking the Canadian Seal Protection Act

4/83 Quebec Canada Founder Paul Watson spends ten days in jail. Conspiracy to break the Canadian Seal Protection Act

12/83 Quebec Canada Founder Paul Watson spends ten days in jail. Conviction for conspiracy to break the Canadian Seal Protection Act

1989 Iceland Founder Paul Watson spends one day in jail. Charges not laid

6/1/92 Lofoten Islands Norway Two activists claim guilt for sinking the Norwegian whaling vessel "Nybraena" while in port. Both are sentenced to 120 days in prison in absentia. Shipwrecking, other unclear charges

1993 Newfoundland Canada Founder Paul Watson spends five days in jail. Mischief

1993: Paul Watson, captaining the S.S. vessel "Edward Abby", orders his crew to open fire on a Japanese fishing veseel. The crew refuses. The encounter can be seen in the 1993 documentary "Ocean Rider - Defenders of the Wild".

3/31/94 Bremerhaven Germany One activist arrested by harbor police for an incident related to the ramming of a Norwegian Navy vessel. Authorities fail to extradite him and the charges are dropped. Attempted Shipwrecking

3/31/94 Amsterdam Holland One activist arrested in Amsterdam and held in Lelystad penitentiary for extradition to Norway. Charges were related to the sinking of a Norwegian whaling vessel. Charges not clear

1995 Newfoundland Canada Founder Paul Watson spends ten days in jail. Accessory to mischief

1997 Germany Founder Paul Watson spends one day in jail on Norwegian Interpol warrant. Sinking a ship.

1997 Netherlands Founder Paul Watson rearrested on Interpol warrant (see above) and spends 80 days in jail awaiting extradition hearing. Sinking a ship.

1/14/02 Conway Ireland Webpage states 40 activists stage a protest in front of Stephens Inc. building decrying their relationship with Huntingdon Life Sciences. Charges not clear

4/22/02 Puntarenas Costa Rica Arrest warrant issued for an activist in relation to an altercation with the Costa Rican fishing vessel "Vacadero". Attempted murder, destruction of property

5/10/02 Puntarenas Costa Rica New charges leveled against one named activist and the crew of the "Farley Mowat" related to April 22 altercation. Attempted shipwrecking

11/17/03 Taiji Japan Two Sea Shepherd activists arrested after diving into a bay and releasing pilot whales before they could be killed by fishermen. Interfering with commerce

03/31/05 Charlottetown, PEI Canada Ten "crew" of the ship Farley Mowat are arrested for interfering with the seal hunt. Violating Fisheries Act regulation regarding distance to be kept from seal hunt.

2010 Paul Watson is put on Interpol's wanted list.

This is a person and group to be proud of?? Eco-terrorists are no better than any other criminal group.

The face of pure evil:

Last edited by plwhit; 06-12-2011 at 10:09 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 08:56 AM

SS founder Paul Watson quotes:

There's nothing wrong with being a terrorist as long as you win.

- Paul Watson, Animal Rights 2002 Convention, June 2002

If you don't know an answer, a fact, a statistic - make it up on the spot.
- Paul Watson, Earthforce: An Earth Warrior's Guide to Strategy

That fact is that we live in an extremely violent culture, and we all justify violence if it's for what we believe in .
- Paul Watson, speaking at the Animal Rights 2002 convention.

Earthworms are far more valuable than people.

We should never feel like we're going too far in breaking the law, because whatever laws you break to liberate animals or to protect the environment are very insignificant.

What a pathetic little turd you are. You little pansy fisherman. You are one retarded bozo aren't you.
- Paul Watson's mature respone to a letter from former fisherman Bob Petton, as found on the S.S.C.S. official site.

For more information on the terrorist leader of Sea Sheperd: http://www.thesealfishery.com/commen...ge=5&subPage=5

And will people stop saying
Quote:
illegal whaling activity
The whaling the Japanese do is not illegal..... (See post 103)

Last edited by plwhit; 06-13-2011 at 09:14 AM..

Old 06-13-2011, 09:39 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
People are not going" to die" just because they do not get to eat whales, there are still plenty of other foods available whale meat is sold out of greed-that is evil not the people trying to stop it. There is a HUGE difference between fish and whales-so don't try and twist that one around.
Anyone can claim wrongdoing on someone if they do not like their tactics-or are trying to stop what they are doing-Canada lets barbarians go and club innocent seals to death for their fur while those poor creatures die in agony and terror. I guess that's ok though...since it's not unlawful there.
We all know the media can be biased...and even if Watson and some of his crew did use some other unorthodox methods to stop these people, I can't say I blame them. At least they are doing something.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:30 PM

Unlawful tactics, unorthodox methods.... is this the new propaganda speak of the eco-terrorist camp?

The Sea Sheperd crime syndicate breaks maritime and individual countries laws and sets a bad example for any children who watch the show.

What message does it convey? If you think something is wrong do whatever you feel is right to correct it.

Countries like Somalia live with this mentality but it's not fit for a civilized society.

The only laws that have been broken (which the TV series conveniently fails to mention) are the Maritime laws which the Sea Sheperd group does on every episode.

The Japanese have broken no laws

If you had bothered to read what I posted on Paul Watson you would see he is nothing more than a criminal with a 10 year old's mentality.

And if you think the Sea Sheperd Society is in it purely to save the whales/seals/little birdies I suggest you read the following on the financial aspects of this group.

Greedy sneaky people who play on people's emotions to line their own pockets:

Paul Watson and the Sea Shepherd Society: A Financial Expose

BTW, another Paul Watson quote to show you how sick this person is:
Quote:
There are 30-million plus species on this planet. They’re all earthlings. They’re all equal. Some are more “equal†than others, I admit: earthworms are far more valuable than people.
Yet this same person takes his pirate ships across vast stretches of ocean killing trillions upon trillions of plankton that live in the sea

Last edited by plwhit; 06-13-2011 at 02:05 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 03:10 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Bunch of hippy wannabes, who care more about whales, than the human race, riding the waves on Batman's Batship, masquerading as the USS Bob Barker...IMO. They got some senile and demented old man to put up all his game show money only to watch it get rammed and destroyed by Japanese fishing boats. It's truly sad as all the Japanese fishermen laugh, and point, and yell "C'mon down, Mother Effer" in their broken English.

Last edited by jfkIII; 06-13-2011 at 03:21 PM..

Old 06-13-2011, 03:23 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Why is it hard for people to understand that humans cannot just go around killing animals, marine life, centuries old trees even...without repercussions?
So I can assume by your fondness for Watson that you approve of his former practice of spiking trees for the sole purpose of maiming or killing loggers? I just want to see what kind of person I'm dealing with here, phoenixscorpiogirl.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,570 times
It makes for good TV.

I watched this past weeks episode and was absolutely blown away at the complete lack of regard Watson seemed to have for his crew when he drove his ship straight through an ice field with no reinforced hull. The look on his face was one of a crazy man and the look of his crew was one of sheer terror and upcoming mutany.

As I said it makes for good TV.

While I may not agree with the SS tactics (putting the lives of humas in danger) i can respect their passion. I do think this pretty crappy that the Japanese fleet hides under the guise of a "Research" vessel in order to do their whaling. If you whaling, your whaling.

I do encourage anyone that agrees with the current whaling guidelines to find a copy of the documentary "The Cove" and watch it. Preferably with loved ones and small children.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I'm no fan of these guys, but I am trying to figure out why they invoke such strong feelings from other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV