Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 03:03 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times

Advertisements

Go Sea Shepards! I support what they are doing 100%! You people above are nothing short of foolish for supporting the slaughter of whales for "research".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 03:38 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Go Sea Shepards! I support what they are doing 100%! You people above are nothing short of foolish for supporting the slaughter of whales for "research".

I don't support the killing of whales whatsoever. It makes me sick. But you gotta admit that these Sea Shepard guys have a hard time doing anything right...I mean, geezus, how hard is it to remember to drop the prop fouler IN FRONT of the enemy vessel?

Old 07-11-2010, 07:21 AM

240 posts, read 385,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
Adios boat and Aussie sailor...Bye bye boat boat man. Wow, I feel special
Perch: Gosh Manta is there no depth these thugs won't go!

Manta: No Perch these seamonkeys will stop at nothing to make a point.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:50 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
I don't support the slaughter of whale, but there's got to be a better way to stop it. The young people on the Sea Shepherd are clearly not equipped to deal with the task and it does nothing but make them look like fools week after week. If one were my kid I'd be terrified that they're going to get killed, too.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:
That's the typical behavior of the supporters of Watson. Someone that doesn't take time to understand the big picture.

If the poster read the thread, I don't recall anyone here saying that they are in favor of whaling. What is being said is that Capt Bumbles and his band of KoolAid drinkers are NOT the answer to the problem.

So no, unfortunately, we are not the foolish ones.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:57 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Its amazing the number of posters on here who are siding with the whalers. I guess they are ok with the slaughter of innocent animals for nothing more than food when the Japanese don't even need it and doing it under the title of research. I bet they would be so happy if they saw how the Japanese slaughtered the Dolphins back in Japan.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:14 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
When I first saw the TV listing for this program 'Whale Wars' I was expecting to see Orca Vs. Humpback or Sperm vs. Beluga. The title is a misnomer. It should be called 'The real idiots of the antartic'. A little boat with a bunch of koolaid drinking college kids lead by an idiot that think they can stop a state sponsored ship the size of an aircraft carrier from killing whales, in the Antartic Ocean no less.
I hope the production company making this series has a very huge life insurance policy for the camera crew on board that boat payable to their family members. I'll bet there were many times one of the camera crew asked himself 'What the hell am I doing here!'.
After watching one episode to the first commercial break, I asked myself 'What the hell am I doing watching this nonsense'. Channel change.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:18 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Its amazing the number of posters on here who are siding with the whalers. I guess they are ok with the slaughter of innocent animals for nothing more than food when the Japanese don't even need it and doing it under the title of research. I bet they would be so happy if they saw how the Japanese slaughtered the Dolphins back in Japan.
It's amazing the number of people who keep saying that. It's amazing the number of people who apparently can't read.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:41 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,975,125 times
None of this amazing. What's sad is Paul Watson and his inept logic does nothing to solve the problem. Next week we get to watch a carbon fiber boat attacked by the Japanese and they will win.

If this was such a big problem, it would be on the front page of major America newspapers. Its not. These are misguided youth under the supervision of an old guy who has no understanding of commanding and controlling any major incident. Frankly, Paul Watson shouldn't pilot a dingy.

Whales are marine mammals. If the UN was so concerned, they would enforce the law. I don't see Paul and his merry gang looking out for the fine folks in Louisiana or Texas and I don't see PETA giving the White House grief over the BP disaster. Its all hypocrisy to me.

Paul Watson is a idiot. He's nothing more than Gilligan with a big boat. As I said, I can't wait for the Japanese to trash the carbon fiber diesel powered boat. Watson put those young adults in harms way without any training or any logical mission. Its no different than Custer at Little Big Horn. Too much ego and a solid lack of logic.

The folks on Southpark got it right.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:46 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
When I first saw the TV listing for this program 'Whale Wars' I was expecting to see Orca Vs. Humpback or Sperm vs. Beluga. The title is a misnomer. It should be called 'The real idiots of the antartic'. A little boat with a bunch of koolaid drinking college kids lead by an idiot that think they can stop a state sponsored ship the size of an aircraft carrier from killing whales, in the Antartic Ocean no less.
I hope the production company making this series has a very huge life insurance policy for the camera crew on board that boat payable to their family members. I'll bet there were many times one of the camera crew asked himself 'What the hell am I doing here!'.
After watching one episode to the first commercial break, I asked myself 'What the hell am I doing watching this nonsense'. Channel change.
Common sense evades these folks. Their efforts are mere gestures. Genuine, I guess. Effective? Not even since season #1... and not even today, WITH the addition of 2 more boats.

I'm all for stopping illegal whaling, but putting your life on the line for a whale is just ridiculous especially when you don't have the resources to make much of an impact...which the SS and the BB and the Ady just do not have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV