Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 02:14 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times

Advertisements

I have to admit from time to time watching these shows. AS I was watching them last night I was thinking of why they were put on the air in the first place and have they got away from that idea. My thought was that they became shows on these families because they are different.

Little World Big People
I like this show and I think the main thought was to teach people about the trials of little people in the world. THat they aren't people like in Wizard of Oz or Austin Powers. I think that for the most part they do stay true to doing this. I have learned about being a parent that is smaller, health issues, education. Although I'm not sure why they added on with their kids growing up but I guess they can.

Jon and Kate plus Eight

Now this show I 'm not sure about. I thought it was to show how a Mother couold carry 6 children to term and give birth. Then I thought it went to the everyday struggles of coping with 6 children the same age and 8 altogether. I think it has really gotten away from that. It now seems like Jon and Kate go everywhere and do things that most families that big can't. I see last night they went to Hawaii They I think are going to get remarried. I wondered if that was a sign that the show is coming to an end. I like the show but I don';t see the point and I think many of us who have large families and deal with children close in age get sick of seeing them all over. I mean they get paid because they have 6 kids the same age but the kids aren't as interesting as they were and the issues aren;t the same. At first I felt they were really down to earth people but I don't anymore.''

The Duggers
Now this is a newer show but they have been on before. They are going on 18 kids. I get they have this large family and I really respect their morals and faith but are they having more children because they want more or because they can. I guess that they will keep having more until they can't get pregnant anymore. I heard last nigt that Michelle the mom is 42. I had thought that there are some women that can't have one child to see a show like this must be hard for them. I have nothing against this family but if they are having these children as long as the Lord blesses them with them it seems to go against that when you get paid to be on TV because you have a big family.

With all of these shows as a MOther who has 7 kids it does make me mad. Mabe I;m jealous that I have issues with my kids and kids close in age and I go nowhere and never ger paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV