Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 07:50 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,655 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been watching this show? It comes on Thursdays at 9pm on TruTV. I hope I wasn't that stupid when I was in high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:14 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Has anyone been watching this show? It comes on Thursdays at 9pm on TruTV. I hope I wasn't that stupid when I was in high school.
I watched it and it is kind of lame. I mean they portray stupid things like cutting class or sleeping in class. Why don't they portray the hard stuff, like drugs, teen pregnancies and all the other things? I do like that ball headed principal however. He is so funny. I also like the paddler guy.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:10 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,059 times
I'm glad that I'm not the only person that has heard of this show I find this show to be hilarious. I work in the field and I can totally relate to some of the things the administrators say and do. Of course, some of these situations are staged, but it's nice to see such a variety of administrators and see their styles of disciplining and overall interacting with the kids.

I met one of the administrators once (one of the Hopewell High cast in Huntersville, NC)...this was long time ago, back in the 90s when she was in college. She went to college and was friends with my cousin. She was an extremely nice person.

A new season just started up. I laughed really hard at the two boys who were touching each other to see what the principal deemed as inappropriate. Sometimes you can't help but to laugh at the kids. You can't be an educator and not have some sort of sense of humor

Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,048 times
I agree with I Brake! You do have to laugh at some of these situations. As a teacher and having played the administrator role a few times I can really relate! I also laughed at the two boys who were touching each other. DH & I really got a kick out of them walking down the hall holding hands! The show seems pretty realistic to me as far as what some kids do and how different principals are as to what bugs them and what doesn't, what kind of consequences they give, etc. I love it when the kids get Saturday School. They ALL hate that! Did you see the girl ride her horse to school? Good point that at least she found a way to get there! I do find this show quite amusing in my own warped way!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
I agree with I Brake! You do have to laugh at some of these situations. As a teacher and having played the administrator role a few times I can really relate! I also laughed at the two boys who were touching each other. DH & I really got a kick out of them walking down the hall holding hands! The show seems pretty realistic to me as far as what some kids do and how different principals are as to what bugs them and what doesn't, what kind of consequences they give, etc. I love it when the kids get Saturday School. They ALL hate that! Did you see the girl ride her horse to school? Good point that at least she found a way to get there! I do find this show quite amusing in my own warped way!
You know, I almost felt bad for the girl who rode the horse to school...she tugged at my heart strings. I don't work at the high school level, so I don't deal with students driving to school. However, if someone came on campus with his or her horse, I'd love them even more because that is unique and that really would show me how serious that person is about getting an education.

I'm so glad this season is back! I wish the first season administrators could return, but we have new opportunities to laugh and enjoy the show--and our occupations!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 PM

I guess there aren't many viewers of this show, lol. I miss the season one cast. I really enjoyed the Hopewell High episodes, as well as the episodes from New Milford High, whose principal was a little hottie!

This season, I like the Killingly High episodes, but I just read that Mr. Costello--the principal (another hottie)--resigned as the principal recently. They're keeping it hush hush as to why he resigned. I'm extremely curious about that.

My S/O and I agree that there's no way we would be able to go to the Wills Point school. The kids get disciplined for having facial hair, having hair that is too long, and for having holes in their pants. The holes in the pants I can understand, but the hair is ridiculous. One poor student had chin stubble and the principal made him shave it. Supposedly, the community believes in a professional appearance, but that's just a bit invasive for my liking.

Anyone else watching this season?

Old 02-16-2009, 06:24 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,911,521 times
I find myself getting caught up in this show. I think the episode with the girl that rode the horse to school hooked me. I didn't care for it before that when they showed the Charlotte/Mecklenburg school. Those admin's were worthless.

I applaud the dress/appearance codes at the Texas school. It's not the principal's set of rules, but he's enforcing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV