Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:04 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,282 times

Advertisements

I've tried. I've tried to watch. I've tried to be generous. He's just painful to watch. His jokes fall flat. His skits and sketches fall flat. The audience tries to laugh (bless their hearts) but it sounds forced. It's the same laugh relatives give when Little Bobby tells a "joke". Even Jimmy himself often looks apologetic, as if to say "I know this is bad... please, PLEASE bear with me, I need this job!!!"

I know, I know, Conan was awkward, too, during his first few weeks. But you could see Conan had potential. Jimmy? Sorry, no. I don't see him getting any better .

Are any of you folks enjoying his new show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
It's going over like a lead balloon. I don't see this show lasting. Quite frankly, infomercials are of more interest that Fallon's show.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
no I don't think anybody enjoys him but he has no competition in that time slot

Old 05-22-2009, 10:14 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,769 times
After seeing a couple of bits and peices of his monolog it kinda seems like he's either got bad writers or he's writing it all himself...

He was ssssorta funny on Saturday Night Live....but not really. But that's another show going up in flames.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
I tried to watch when Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna were on to promote Rudo y Cursi and it was beyong stupid! It was obvious that he didn't prepare at all for the interview. It never got past "hey dudes, you have really cool accents" ... now, Bernal is an internationally acclaimed actor that has been in a lot of American releases (Babel, the Science of Sleep) and Diego Garcia was great in Milk ... did any of that occur to Jimmy Fallon? Nope .. he just sat there like a douchebag, har dee haring it up because they are Mexican and gasp .. movies are made in mexico? Doi doi doi. Jimmy Fallon has got to be the worst host in the history of late night tv ... and that's saying something because Pat Sajack and Chevy Chase were deplorable. I never got the Jimmy Fallon appeal, he's like a child who tries to act cute, but he's just a dipwad who's lucky that he has some connections in high places. Granted Conan O'Brien got off to a really rocky start, but that was because he didn't have any mainstream following ... Jimmy Fallon does, oh, and Conan O'Brien has an educated brain in his head ... Fallon, not so much.

Ok .. I think I've made my point.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,688,396 times
Never understood why he he got the show iin the first place since IMO he is not very funny.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:06 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times
I don't understand why he got the show either. I've always thought that Jimmy Fallon was an idiot whose main appeal was that he is kind of cute and that he would always butcher his lines on SNL. tried watching that movie he was in w/ Queen Latifah and Gisele and he was horrible in that too! I remember when I first heard the news thinking that there are so many other talented comedians out there that could have taken this job, why Jimmy Fallon? of course, Carson Daly has had his show for years, so we've already seen how low NBC can go...

as bad as he is, I don't think NBC can afford to take him off the air. they made a HUGE gamble changing up their late night schedule the way they did and it seems like a lot of people aren't happy w/ the changes. there are Tonight Show fans vowing to boycott Conan O'Brien, Late Night fans hating on Jimmy Fallon, and regular TV viewers lamenting the fact that Jay Leno's new show is going to take up 5 hours of what may have been quality, original television (well, I don't know much about the quality, but it may have been preferable to another celeb interview/variety show). the whole late night schedule has been thrown off and not everyone is happy (I for one HATE the idea of Leno's new show). NBC is in the spotlight now, and I don't think they'll cancel Fallon's show b/c it'll start to look like just the first in a line of bad mistakes

IMO, the whole network is in trouble and is in serious decline. if all three of these shows (Leno's, Conan's, and Fallon's) fail to meet expectations, that could really screw them over. their regular shows aren't doing that hot as it is, w/ the exception of a few Thursday night comedies. Conan and Leno may do okay, but the expectations may be so high that it may not be enough, IDK

Old 05-22-2009, 06:14 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times
I think he'd be funny if he had Horatio Sands as a sidekick.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I think he'd be funny if he had Horatio Sands as a sidekick.
I like this idea!

Conan started out bad, too. Maybe there's still hope for him. I like him so hope his show makes it, but I don't watch it so don't care all that much.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:16 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Don't think Fallon is very talented at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV