Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 07:51 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else have this on? I cannot get over the abusive behavior of the dad. They are in Florida and I recall that Fla is tough on child abuse. I wonder if there will be repercussions from this show tonight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 06:36 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,875 times
I watched it, and I'm still amazed. Did the husband think Jo would find his behavior "asseptable"?

I also noticed (and maybe it's just me...;>)) but is Jo turning into more of a marriage counselor lately? It just seems recent episodes have her focused much more on the parents' marriage than the kids' behavior.

I miss the naughty chair!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I watched it, and I'm still amazed. Did the husband think Jo would find his behavior "asseptable"?

I also noticed (and maybe it's just me...;>)) but is Jo turning into more of a marriage counselor lately? It just seems recent episodes have her focused much more on the parents' marriage than the kids' behavior.

I miss the naughty chair!
Did you see the note on the screen at the end saying that he was continuing in counseling?

LOL on "asseptable"!!! I miss the naughty chair also!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:46 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Why didn't the boy get asked anything? Maybe I missed where he was involved in the show. I saw him several times but don't remember him talking in any scenes.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Why didn't the boy get asked anything? Maybe I missed where he was involved in the show. I saw him several times but don't remember him talking in any scenes.
You are so right! I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it. Strange for sure. I don't even remember him at the end.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:19 PM

8 posts, read 28,741 times
Default Absolutely Horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Did you see the note on the screen at the end saying that he was continuing in counseling?
Yea, I saw that and am Faaaaarrrr from believing it. That man says whatever he thinks he needs to say to get the spotlight off of his behavior. All abusers have this mentality and always say "I'm sorry, I've learned, I won't do it again" and then within 15 minutes, they're doing it again. Just to repeat the vicious circle.

I taped the show and was able to rewind, pause, etc. The father slapping the little girls' face was so strong, that her head was completely forced back from the hit, and followed by being knocked off her feet to fall on the ground. All for trying to wake 'dad' up. As she was leaving the bedroom, she had her left hand on her face, crying deep in pain. If you recall at the end of the show, as Jo was saying her goodbyes, the camera showed the little girl. And the left side of her face, it is extremely visible: a mark under her left eye, and what appears to be 2 small pressure/bruise spots. The father hit her STRONG, extending her head backwards, knocking her to the floor, with his LEFT hand (read:ring).

Also, when they showed the clip before the one above, you can see how the little girl was doing nothing wrong but walking into the room. He then slaps her across the face, and you can see her body jilt from the blow. This is a little girl no more than 4 years old!

Lastly, the way he spoke calling your daughters (even 2 and 3 years olds) the things he did is plain out disturbing.

I really encourage everyone who did not notice this to rewatch the episode. **And I hope that DCF, police, etc. intervenes. Supernanny should have taken action, instead of downplaying the seriousness of this 'fathers' abusive behavior.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:20 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I wondered if the boy was from a different marriage and maybe didn't live with them full time.

I didn't find the show that great or that shocking like it used to be.
Normally Jo goes to help with really bad kids, I didn't see that here.

Ok, the guy smacked the kids but from what I saw it didn't look hard. There were clips where we didn't see what happened before they were smacked.
When the kid ran into the room and slapped what I thought was the mother, that shocked me; I wondered why the kid ran into the room and smacked her, but I guess it was the father.

When he was talking about the girls shirt he didn't call her anything, he said that its how her dressing reminded him of or something like that. Maybe he's uncomfortable watching her dress like that?

I hope Jo gets back to what she used to do, help families that have really out of control kids not parents that need marriage counseling

Old 02-25-2009, 03:41 PM

Evidently this guy has been interviewed by the police and the family has been referred to the Fla Dept of Childrens Services. Inside Edition - News (http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyID=2661 - broken link)

Old 03-04-2009, 03:00 PM

8 posts, read 28,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Evidently this guy has been interviewed by the police and the family has been referred to the Fla Dept of Childrens Services. Inside Edition - News (http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyID=2661 - broken link)
Thanks SmokyMtnGal.... that makes me feel a lot better, letting us know that there is at least some type of intermittent supervision. I think I am going to submit my take on the episode. There were definite physical marks on the child's face. And, I wonder if they have provided the children to MRI checking, making sure there are no internal injuries (ie: to a 2-year developing brain) ?

But thanks! for letting the board know !!

<>< ~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV