Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
As for the other team, I still don't think that Joan should be making comments when Melissa's team is being addressed by the board. Shut up Joan.
Joan isn't the only one making comments. Each team does it

Quote:
After last night's show I don't think any of them are winners. If I HAD to choose I guess I'd go with Jesse, but that dude has to learn better people skills. It seems to me he is always blaming someone else while not being assertive enough himself, in the task at hand. All that stuff he said to Clint would have been better if said earlier in the day. (I know he said some stuff to Clint earlier in the day, but in his passive-Jesse-way.)
I did like Jesse but don't any more.
He's too laid back and I'm not sure if he's as "smart" as I thought he was.

Quote:
HOWEVER, let's not forget that their team won because of some of the things Clint insisted on; like the orange-fire background instead of black and the orange strips on the page edges, etc. I was really glad to see Clint's team win just to show Jesse that HE DOESN'T KNOW EVERYTHING!! Please note, I am NOT a Clint fan here , but I am glad Jesse had to eat some humble pie. Out of all these CLOWNS I guess I would think Jesse is the best suited for the job, but by no means perfect.
Last night was a team effort. The orange stripes were good but I also hated the fire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 AM

563 posts, read 1,025,903 times
[quote=Roselvr;8535751]Joan isn't the only one making comments. Each team does it

Hmmm?! Joan is usually the first one to open her yap against Annie. Sorry, but I don't recall the men doing it like Joan does. Also, for as much as I don't like Annie, Joan has made her comments from the other end of the table when really, NO ONE WAS TALKING TO HER or her team, at those moments. However, If you meant Melissa, well then yes, I agree with you. The others usually chime in AFTER Joan spews her venom. Geez, even Melissa has had to basically tell her mother to shut-up, in so many words. Argh! Whatever; it's just a TV show, it's just a TV show!
As a side note, last year Trace Atkins (did I get his name right?) played the game with class, grace, and integrity. If I recall correctly!! I thought HE set a good example for the show and he even made it to the final two. Anyway, I wish this year's people would have shown more CLASS!! Even if they don't have any, they should have pretended.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:51 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,417,496 times
Melissa acted like a spoiled brat. I'm glad she was fired and I too hope her mother doesn't return. Grow up and yes Melissa the show is about raising money for charity. I was so tired of hearing her and her mother bitc_ constantly. Whew, I feel so much better

Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I think maybe he just wanted Melissa to stop talking. I think a lot of it is probably editing, but holy moly. Wonder why she was so upset with the staff?
What I gathered from that (and I have not read all of the posts after this one so sorry if someone else already answered).......... when they are "fired" they don't have their belongings with them. She was wanting all of her things and she was saying, "I'm NOT coming back". I took it to mean she wanted her belongings RIGHT THEN so that she did not have to come back and get them. She wanted to be rid of Annie and away from her. I also heard her say she was not doing an "exit interview". Every time one is fired they have given an "exit interview" in the limo ride.

Me's thinks the limo ride takes them around the block and then back to get their belongings.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Well, Joan was dead-on right about one thing. Annie is playing them all like a deck of cards. She is SOOOO playing Brandi and even Melissa recognized it. Melissa did go to Brandi about the situation and was as professional as one could be in that situation without losing her cool. Annie is going to have Brandi layed out completely and the bus already passed her before she realized that Annie has used her. I think Annie knew that she was probably safe last night. So that line outside the boardroom before they had to go back in that, "I could beat Brandi a lot easier than you" was just a line of BS to get Brandi off guard.

I don't think that Joan or Melissa handled themselves well at all after the firing. They could have done a MUCH BETTER job of getting their point across without going cuckoo. Personally, I think they just had finally had it up to "here" with Annie and how she is fooling everyone and it was just one of those "enough is enough" moments.

Clint........... eh. Joan did a good job with both of the guys. She tried to do her best and she probably knew if their team lost and it was down to who did not do their part of the challenge she would have been toast. She was more the "cheerleader" on this task as she was more of a support for the guys than she was someone actually doing a part of it.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:33 AM

563 posts, read 1,025,903 times
Ahh, yes the limo ride. Yes, I think you are right on about going around the block in the limo. Has anyone ever noticed how the clothes don't match? What they had on in the boardroom isn't not always what they have on later; be it boots vs. shoes, the outfit, the coat.... That has always been since the first Apprentice. Funny, entertaining............

Old 04-27-2009, 10:33 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,629,157 times
It was so obvious that the whole Joan/Melissa thing was basically scripted and highly exaggerated. It adds the drama that will make people tune in next week which makes for good ratings.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:34 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,352,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Melissa acted like a spoiled brat. I'm glad she was fired and I too hope her mother doesn't return. Grow up and yes Melissa the show is about raising money for charity. I was so tired of hearing her and her mother bitc_ constantly. Whew, I feel so much better
ITA!!! She is a completely spoiled brat who has to whine and complain every single time it isn't about her. Good riddance!!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:45 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
What I do wonder about is since Joan was safe, and had her Charity to give to. It is a show, and yes,
somebody does need to leave. Why did she not stay, and decide to be the one to win it all?
Also, when the show first did come on the air, I seem to think the team to go to the board room
already had there bags packed and ready to exit?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Ahh, yes the limo ride. Yes, I think you are right on about going around the block in the limo. Has anyone ever noticed how the clothes don't match? What they had on in the boardroom isn't not always what they have on later; be it boots vs. shoes, the outfit, the coat.... That has always been since the first Apprentice. Funny, entertaining............
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
Also, when the show first did come on the air, I seem to think the team to go to the board room
already had there bags packed and ready to exit?
In the earlier shows the candidates all seemed to have their luggage with them. It would show them wheeling out their luggage. This season however when they get on the elevator it is straight from the boardroom and not one piece of luggage. Even when it shows them coming out the doors and into the limo it used to show them in a coat and with their luggage. This season it has not.

Oh, on the earlier shows it also showed the candidates that were "saved" coming back in WITH their luggage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV