Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:05 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,044 times

Advertisements

I just saw this week's episode and Shelly is plucking what is left of my last nerve so bad, it's unreal. Shelly has done nothing but talk about everyone and I'm glad Jamie told Shelly she has to learn to get along with everyone else. Shelly acts like a bratty little kid and she needs to grow up. Cindy stood up to Shelly and told her about the negative energy Cindy brought into the house from day 1. It's about time someone did!

Rachel messed up by talking bad about the cape in the challenge (she called it a muumuu!). I hope that's not bad enough to knock her out of the competition before Shelly.

I hated the elimination challenge. I have a ton of phobias and I don't think it's right to force people to take photos that show them with things they fear. There is no reason for it. I'm sure they would not have to do that in the real world. And if they are asked, they can always say NO! Heck, I'll turn down money if it means I have to model (not that I'm even remotely close to being a model) with snakes, spiders, birds, lizards, in water or a box, or any other thing I can't stand. And for the handlers to tell the contestants not to worry is laughable. The handlers aren't afraid of the snake, spider or whatever, so they can't tell someone with a phobia it will be okay. This is the stupidest thing that could have ever been thought of and I hope they cut it next season.

Shelly is so fake!!! I can't stand her!!!!!!!!!! Everything she says is wrong with everyone else is really wrong with her. Sorry for the mini-rant. Now back to the show.

OMGoodness! Shelly needs to stop talking during the elimination meetings! She, yet again, decided to defend one of her photos and basically told the judges the one job she has is based on her body. Of course she burst into tears and tried to tell them they misunderstood her. That seems to be a recurring theme with her. Can she please shut up?

Unfortunately they elected to send Rachel home instead of Shelly. Oh well, there's always next week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 11:12 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,313,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Okay thanks. I figured it would be Rachel. She doesn't want to seem to be there.
Rachel's gone now. She was the elimination AFTER the lesbian chick.

I would rather have had Shelly eliminated, but that's just because I don't like her. But between Shelly and Rachel, Shelly is obviously the more motivated contestant, so in that respect it's good that she stayed. (I hope she leaves soon, though. She's so annoying!)

Quote:
OMGoodness! Shelly needs to stop talking during the elimination meetings! She, yet again, decided to defend one of her photos and basically told the judges the one job she has is based on her body. Of course she burst into tears and tried to tell them they misunderstood her. That seems to be a recurring theme with her. Can she please shut up?
My big gripe about her is that I have never known/seen a grown woman who rolls her eyes as much as Shelly. Any time ANYONE says ANYTHING to her, she's all . Rolling one's eyes is code for "Whatever! You're a stupid poopy-head and I'm not listening to a thing you have to say! Lalalalalalalala!!! I can't HEAR you!" It's not a mannerism that looks good on a 40-year-old.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
My big gripe about her is that I have never known/seen a grown woman who rolls her eyes as much as Shelly. Any time ANYONE says ANYTHING to her, she's all . Rolling one's eyes is code for "Whatever! You're a stupid poopy-head and I'm not listening to a thing you have to say! Lalalalalalalala!!! I can't HEAR you!" It's not a mannerism that looks good on a 40-year-old.
Did you see how she was bragging about having a paying gig modeling medical gear in a magazine geared for older people? No offense, but I'm overweight and could get into that magazine. The demographic won't care how I look, as long as I look young.

I can't believe Shelly has a daughter and acts this way. I'm sure she's at home with her daughter, watching the shows and crying about how the producers made her look bad. Nope, it's not the producers. Not at all.

One day Shelly's going to roll her eyes and they're either going to get stuck, or they're going to roll out of her head. I still want her gone and keep watching and waiting. It has to happen soon. She's rubbing everyone the wrong way now.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:27 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
it was VERY telling when she read the letter from her daughter and her daughter siad, in the letter, "Be nice to and try to get along with the other girls"
I was like.....OMG-her own daughter knows how she is, how sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
Did you see how she was bragging about having a paying gig modeling medical gear in a magazine geared for older people? No offense, but I'm overweight and could get into that magazine. The demographic won't care how I look, as long as I look young.

I can't believe Shelly has a daughter and acts this way. I'm sure she's at home with her daughter, watching the shows and crying about how the producers made her look bad. Nope, it's not the producers. Not at all.

One day Shelly's going to roll her eyes and they're either going to get stuck, or they're going to roll out of her head. I still want her gone and keep watching and waiting. It has to happen soon. She's rubbing everyone the wrong way now.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,313,642 times
What is the deal with this SELF magazine lady wanting to see their FOOD DIARIES?? These women all look healthy. They're thin. Some could probably exercise more or strength train. The SELF lady said that the most important thing is for them to find an eating routine that works for them. Okay, fine...so then why do you have to see their food diaries? It's weird.

And oh...more eye-rolling from Shelly! Such a surprise! (And I can't believe they liked her leg-up picture and gave her immunity. Blech.)

Oh, no! Not Delores! So sad. Well, I hope that one day I open More magazine and see Delores smiling back at me. Beautiful, classy lady.

And Jamie is the other one eliminated. She didn't do well in these challenges for this episode.

If Shelly wins, I will have to do some eye-rolling of my own.

Last edited by Niftybergin; 07-16-2009 at 07:52 PM..

Old 07-16-2009, 08:57 PM

Jamie was the prettiest one.

If eye roller wins I won't watch this show again

Old 07-17-2009, 12:06 PM

I'm surprised to see Delores gone. I thought she did well. I wasn't surprised to see Jamie go. Half the time I couldn't remember her name. Heck, half the time I didn't remember her as being on the show. She was very forgettable.

Shelly gets on my last nerve. She is faker than Leeanne, because she's always trying to cry about something. I find her more of a pain than Leeanne and want Shelly gone!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,338,160 times
Delores and jamie didn't have enough drama going on like Shelly and Leeann have.
People like to watch drama so I think that's what it's all about.

It's too bad though because I really liked Delores.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:57 PM

if they had not tried to imply that the winner was going to be a high fashion model, Delores could have won-no doubt. There are many ad campaigns she would be ideal for. Not everything has to be High Fashion, sexy lingerie or underwear; even though Delores did those just fine.

The judges are so freakin lame. They have a lingerie shoot. Add a sexy hunk to the mix. Then tell LeeAnne she is too sexy. alrighty then......

I still think Jamie was beautiful in every way.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:10 PM

The one thing I don't like about this show is the same thing I don't like about America's next Top Model; they take women who aren't models, then expect them to know how to model without any direction. This week they got on Delores about having space between her legs when she's seated with her legs facing the camera. How in the world would she know that if they hadn't told her that before? I wish she were still there and Shelly was gone, but like someone else said, the drama makes for good TV and ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV