Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 06:59 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,108,340 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any suggestions or personal experiences to relate on what would be good TV shows that are taped in LA to see as an audience member? Primarily interested in the talk/variety shows but would consider others as well depending on the entertainment factor and ability to nail down a particular "reservation" and not have to be in a waiting line. Checked on the Tonight Show (Conan) and Leno's show but either can't find the new procedures or they haven't been published yet. We will be visiting next January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 08:36 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,641,018 times
Did you do a search? There are several ticket sources. You can also go directly to each network. Some you can secure online, others you have to stand in line. In Burbank you can go to the NBC ticket counter in the AM for the best chance at a later show. Just depends who's shooting when you're there.

Have fun!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:43 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,846,681 times
Tickets are almost always available for Craig Ferguson, and it's a fun show to attend (if you like his style of comedy). Simply go to the show's ticket site and request the show(s) you want to see. Unfortunately, they only work about a month ahead, so you'll need to wait until November or December to book your reservation.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:05 PM

84 posts, read 189,693 times
When you do go to a taping, get there EARLY! I have been to some tapings. Even though you may get tickets, it doesn't guarantee you will get in. I went to a pilot tv show taping starring Leah Remini in April and I was so lucky to have gotten in. Three more people behind me were able to get in but after that, the rest of the people were turned away. I got to the studio two hours before the taping started. So wear comfortable shoes because you will be standing a long time. Also the studios are somewhat cold, so you might want to make sure you have a sweater or jacket.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,930,554 times
I don't know if they still do it, but they used to have people walking around the tourist traps giving away tickets to various sitcom's and game shows. I haven't been to LA since the mid-90's, so I don't know if this is still the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV