Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times

Advertisements

I was really impressed with Bryan's patience. He and Erika seem to really have a good relationship. He's laid back and she has a short fuse. They should have read the instructions but I have to admit I've been guilty of not taking the time to read the instructions a few times in my life. Of course, 1M dollars was not at stake. But look at how many times they messed up. Bryan could have helped her count the bells. They didn't use the bikes. Those Dutch wooden shoes hurt if you are not used to them. I can't imagine walking for 2 hours in them. Ouch!

I've tried to ring bells like that at the State fair and it is hard for a woman to do.

As for the Globetrotters: They rock! And yes, they are making friends for the US wherever they go. Aren't they just the cutest pair? I was having so much fun watching them dance. Those fellows just have a good time, period.

Plus, it is really neat to watch the bonding between the father and son. What a delight to watch. They, too, are having a great time. They are both on such an even keel.

One of the things I really like about The Amazing Race is that we get to see how people deal with stress, difficulty and each other under trying circumstances.

I'd like to see the Globetrotters win but if they don't then my second choice would be the father and son. I'm enjoying this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I didn't think it was fair that both challenges required upper body strength like that. It wasn't fair to the all girls team.
That's what I was thinking... It seems these challenges weren't very well thought-out.... Seriously what does ringing the bell have to do with the dancing anyway? It just seemed unnecessary.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:58 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I was really impressed with Bryan's patience. He and Erika seem to really have a good relationship. He's laid back and she has a short fuse. They should have read the instructions but I have to admit I've been guilty of not taking the time to read the instructions a few times in my life. Of course, 1M dollars was not at stake. But look at how many times they messed up. Bryan could have helped her count the bells. They didn't use the bikes. Those Dutch wooden shoes hurt if you are not used to them. I can't imagine walking for 2 hours in them. Ouch!
how do you figure that?
They had to decide which one would do it-announce it and do it alone while the other team mate waited downstairs

Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
As a long-time TAR fan, I will say that if it wasn't for all the screw-ups in this episode, this would have been one of the worst episodes on the show's history. None of the challenges were interesting/exciting/dangerous/scary or even particularly culturally significant.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
The Pokah Playas were a mess. Geez, neither of them are cut out to do this and I'm surprised they lasted this long. If one of them could have rowed that inflatable boat out to the yacht then one of them DID have the strength to ring the bell. They are both just messed up. I also don't understand how they could not get penalized for not actually doing the task of counting the bells. She didn't even climb to the top of the stairs because of the brother giving them the answer. I got his point that they would (or should) be an easy team to beat if it got down to it over some of the others. Still....... would not have done it myself. Hmm, maybe they would have gotten penalized but we never will know since they did not actually finish. ???? They should have been able to do the golf challange. They SHOULD have been. Again, if they were strong enough to row that boat they could swing a "club" and hit that ball far enough. They are weak and should have been out a long time ago.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Globetrotters. The one you could tell was NOT happy about having to eat that fish (herring) but he just did it. He knew it had to be done and just did it. Then he said, I don't want to talk about it but did you see my moves and started laughing and smiling. LOVE'EM!!!! Hope it is them or the father/son team that win.

Gotta love the father/son team as well. Both teams work well together and just compensate each other perfectly. No fussing, bickering, calling each other names, blamine or anything. They just DO IT!

"BRIAN". That was funny what the Globetrotters said, if there is anyones name they know from the race it is "Brian". LOL!!! He could not start the car . She could not get it together to count the bells. All the other teams got it no problem (minus the Pokah Playas) and she is smart enough to do it. Then not reading the clue. I thought they were going to be history till the Pokah Playas were having such a terrible time at the challanges and constantly flipping back and forth between them. They got LUCKY!!! Usually the penalties have been an hour. They only got a 30 minute penalty so they got lucky. Then again, they still would have made it as the other team gave up. Just would have been kind of funny seeing Ericka flip out for an hour .

Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
how do you figure that?
They had to decide which one would do it-announce it and do it alone while the other team mate waited downstairs
Did I dream that both members of the married team counted together? Heck if I know. Duh!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
were the poker players a couple?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Did I dream that both members of the married team counted together? Heck if I know. Duh!
it was a Roadblock meaning only one member of a team can perfrom and once they declare who will do it then that person has to finish the Roadblock.
It's on a Detour that both member of a team can participate.

no Megan did it with the help of one of the brothers-not her partner. Remember the brother gave poker player the answer before she even began the task; which I think is a no no.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,950 times
Quote:
I thought they did too! I think they should have been penalized for that. Did we share a dream last night?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
were the poker players a couple?
hmmmmmm............ makes me wonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I thought they did too! I think they should have been penalized for that. Did we share a dream last night?
you guys are cracking me up........why do so many people think couples did a Roadblock--counting the bells??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV