Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
OK, so when is this show on? It sounds quite funny. I've seen a preview here and there, but missed when it airs.
I don't really know when it's on ... I just tivo'd it once and selected "record series" so it automatically records. I don't remember if it's on A&E or Tru, but if you go to the websites, they probably have a programming schedule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 12:26 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
OK, so when is this show on? It sounds quite funny. I've seen a preview here and there, but missed when it airs.
Billy the Exterminator - A&E TV

Check your area's listings.

Now I want to go around and say,"Armadilla! Armadilla!"

Isn't Mary married to Billy? He ought to have a word with his wife about her supposed "duties" in relationship to the business - i.e., "none."

And Mary, wash your hair! It looks like she gave it a mayonnaise treatment and never got the stuff fully washed out. I haven't seen hair that stringy since high school.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:31 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post

Isn't Mary married to Billy? He ought to have a word with his wife about her supposed "duties" in relationship to the business - i.e., "none."

And Mary, wash your hair! It looks like she gave it a mayonnaise treatment and never got the stuff fully washed out. I haven't seen hair that stringy since high school.
Thanks for the link.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:32 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
thank you. I was pretty sure it comes on Wednesdays here--I was right.
On another note I don't understand why so many popular shows are on Wed. and Thursday nights, leaving the other nights with not much to view. Very odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post

Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I just saw that this is coming back on for another season. I will have to catch it this year.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I tivo'd a bunch of episodes and just watched some of the last night. LOVE IT!!!

First ... who does those people's hair??? Mom has the "big n' poofy", Billy's got "the porcupine mullet", his brother's got "the standard redneck mullet", Billy's wife's got "that stringy fried out" thing

Not to get too philosophical, but .... is Billy's brother an adult? I mean, if so, why are mom and dad all up in his business about his wife and her family? Shouldn't his inlaw/wife situation be his alone to deal with? On the other hand, the wife doesn't sound like someone I'd want my kids hooked up with either, but I'd never threaten to beat the crap out of my kids if they chose to have a relationship with their wives and the wives families.

Mary .... why is she in the office telling people what to do when she doesn't even work there? I don't blame mom for getting on Mary's case, but if Mary keeps coming back and pulling the same crap, they need to just get a restraining order and keep her out ... that would be the redneck thing to do, right? Or ... they could just set a trap to catch her at the point of entry and Billy and his bro could release her into the wild.

The critters ..... The raccoons were cute! The rattlesnake missing his rattle in the crematorium, not so cute. The armadillo was cute too with his little snot bubbles and all. I had no idea you could catch leperosy from an armadillo! The bats were cute, but the guano ... yuck. Oh, and those roaches at Mr. Adams' shack .... beyond YUCK!!!!! Let's see, what else ...... oh yeah, the wasps - scary. The corn snake in that lady's back yard - too funny! Now, that snake was cool. He was just chillin' back there in the garden. The lady, on the other hand, had on WAY too much makeup!

That's my story ...

I didn't either, Twinkle, until you posted that but I did just learn that the only way they can either try to find a cure or make the cure is from using Armadillo heads! I didn't question the person who told me that but now that you mention you can catch leprosey from them, that would make sense.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:42 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
I love this show. The first time I caught it was on vacation in FL this spring. We had alligators croaking in the backyard in the morning, raccoons tearing up garbage cans, stinging ants, copperheads all over the place, and these flying wasp-like things that looked they could put you in the hospital. There are a lot of critters in the South, and I can see where Vexcon Welcome to Vexcon is a busy company.

My favorite episode is when the mother tried to fix up Rickie with a date...that was a classic.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
As much as I hate shoveling snow, I'd rather do that than move down south with all their nasty critters! At least here for 6 months there are no insects and they don't grow to dinosaur size!!!

I watched a marathon last night, 8-midnight and liked the show! Talk about "Hollywierd"!!! Was Billy dressing like that when Mike Rowe was following him on "Dirty Jobs"? Didn't like Mary, especially the first time you see her on the opening credits. Shoving her boobs up into the camera. Nope, didn't like her at all. Why does Billy have Ricky go to the jobs that involve yellow jackets/wasps/bees when his brother is so allergic?? I would think he'd keep his brother off of those calls! If I were Ricky, I wouldn't go on them! (yes, I am a chicken!)

That sure was interesting to learn how to tell poisonous/non-poisonous snakes apart. Although I hope never to be that close to a snake again! Been there, done that. Loved the armadillas and the info too.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:46 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,552,163 times
Default Ha Ha! Anybody watch "Billy the Exterminator" on A&E???

I was actually in CD last nite looking for an interesting formun and I came across "Billy the Exterminator" and it actually came on TV at the same time so I left to watch the marathon. I LOVE THE SHOW!!! Thank God Billy has shown us how many critters are roaming way down south! I don't know how the southerners can cope, especially with children playing outside!!! You don't know what is gonna creep up on them, many different poisonous snakes, an armadillo that carries leprosy, foxes that think they own your back yard, crocks that will grab you and drag you into their nests and dine on you when their hungry, red ants that love to bite, bite ,bite until they get you down, and oh yes those red wasps that Donnie always calls Billy on the job with Ricky saying "be careful of those wasps, remember he's allergic!" who in their right mind would send their son on a job where he might end up dead because he's to far away for medical help!!!!! Way to funny What an education Billy has given us! I really love the show.....And the new nite is on Tuesday, 10PM EST. Watch it you'll love it.....

Last edited by hopedelivers; 09-05-2010 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: spelling errors

Old 09-05-2010, 03:29 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,386 times
Love the show. I think the brother allergic to bee stings goes on the jobs where there are bees on purpose because everyone tells him not too and everyone reminds him that he is allergic. A touch of passive aggressive behavior going on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV