Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 AM

18 posts, read 98,390 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry if this topic has already been touched on. I have exhausted all EB that I was entitled to, 93 weeks (didn't qualify for the 6 weeks of Tier 4 in NY State). When I log on to the UE system, I cannot continue to claim benefits. I am given the option to file a new claim as I always have but the system hasn't prompted me to do so. Should there be an extension of 14 weeks added to tier 1, will I be able to simply login and begin claiming again to get the 14 weeks or do I need to file a new claim?

On the website, it says if your balance shows 0:

If you are eligible for additional benefits under a new extension program, the remaining balance amount will be adjusted the next time you claim benefits. You do not have to file a new unemployment claim, unless the system advises you to.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,977,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattf81 View Post
I'm sorry if this topic has already been touched on. I have exhausted all EB that I was entitled to, 93 weeks (didn't qualify for the 6 weeks of Tier 4 in NY State). When I log on to the UE system, I cannot continue to claim benefits. I am given the option to file a new claim as I always have but the system hasn't prompted me to do so. Should there be an extension of 14 weeks added to tier 1, will I be able to simply login and begin claiming again to get the 14 weeks or do I need to file a new claim?

On the website, it says if your balance shows 0:

If you are eligible for additional benefits under a new extension program, the remaining balance amount will be adjusted the next time you claim benefits. You do not have to file a new unemployment claim, unless the system advises you to.

Thank you.
If you have exhausted all the benefits to which you were entitled on your claim (including EB), you can file a new claim. But you need to have sufficient work/earnings credits to qualify for a new claim.

If any additional benefits are enacted for those in your situation -- for example, the 14-week addition currently being proposed for Tier I -- you will be informed of your eligibility for the additional benefits by New York State. You will be given instructions on how to reopen your previous claim at that time.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:05 PM

18 posts, read 98,390 times
So if I have no employment that would qualify for a new claim, will it just be rejected and my old claim re-opened? I was under the impression I just didn't have to do anything until new legislation was passed, then I could just claim the new 14 weeks when the time came using my existing claim.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:24 PM

330 posts, read 1,457,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattf81 View Post
So if I have no employment that would qualify for a new claim, will it just be rejected and my old claim re-opened? I was under the impression I just didn't have to do anything until new legislation was passed, then I could just claim the new 14 weeks when the time came using my existing claim.
You are a 99 (93er in NY). You have exhausted all benefits, unless you have earned enough wages to open up a new claim.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,004 times
I am about to exhaust all my benefits, which is 63 weeks on december 30, 2013. I had applied for a training in april and the funding was approved in july.in between i had applied for extended benefits under section 599 . I recieved a letter that stated i was approved as long as the funding is available.However i found out that since i collected more then 13 weeks of unemployment prior to signing up for the training i cannot recieve no benefits because of that. i was not informed of that by the representative at the department of labor. I would like to know if i can file a new claim , so i can continue to earn benefits while i train.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:09 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfel2013 View Post
I am about to exhaust all my benefits, which is 63 weeks on december 30, 2013. I had applied for a training in april and the funding was approved in july.in between i had applied for extended benefits under section 599 . I recieved a letter that stated i was approved as long as the funding is available.However i found out that since i collected more then 13 weeks of unemployment prior to signing up for the training i cannot recieve no benefits because of that. i was not informed of that by the representative at the department of labor. I would like to know if i can file a new claim , so i can continue to earn benefits while i train.
If you have not worked and earned new wages since your first filed for unemployment benefits over a year ago, you can, of course, apply for a new unemployment claim, but you won't be approved if you haven't met the new earnings requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment