Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 PM

3,404 posts, read 2,764,550 times

Advertisements

In these dire times I encourage those who are facing foreclosure and eviction to contact their state's attourney general in support of suspending foreclosure/evictions.
It's obvious that the banks are more interested in helping themselves and recovering their capitol, awarding their CEO's, and keeping their stock prices up, even at your loss.
I have been reading instances where people were refused write downs that would have made their payments affordable, and instead were evicted and their home sold for LESS than the modification would have been, just so the bank could get it's cash back in hand.
This self perpetuating process will continue to erode on home values and the general state of the nation if left unchecked. Several cities have already implemented suspensions and this is one of the few ways we have a voice against this "grand theft house" being pulled by big banks.
So please write your municipalities. Even if you do not get a reply, someone is seeing your comment and every one helps.
While your at it, voice your support of continued extensions of unemployment. The recession of the early 1980's saw 6 extensions of unemployment. I do not expect any less extensions as we near great depression levels of unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM

3,404 posts, read 2,764,550 times
Bumping this to keep it alive.
I realize how few people actually contact gov't regarding issues and hope people will be more pro-active.
For example, our power company is trying to raise residential rates for gas and power nearly 10% and 7% respectively, in this economy with lite demand. I was outraged and wrote our utility commission.
You know what outraged me more?
I was only the 343rd comment to be recieved!
Get active with your gov't or don't complain when your EUC gets cut off and the bank takes your home and sells it for pennies on the dollar. The passiveness of the people of the USA has let this mess get as far as it has...
I work with, live with, and know people who have lost their jobs, managers, teachers, construction workers, etc.
While I still have my job, my wife does not. I am thankful for my job and play thru the what-if's every day....

Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 PM

60 posts, read 159,090 times
A state Attorney General can not delay the process of a court. He is the lead attorney for the state. Meaning his duties are to defend the state against criminal and civil actions. For instance Divison of Consumer Affairs etc. The only people that can delay a forclosure(the process for auction) and I mean delay not stop...is the legislature. However, no legislative body can modify contracts between yourself and the bank. There is only one way (other than an agreement between 2 parties) to modify a contract(mortgage)...which is the Bankruptcy Court. They are the only party that can modify a contract and they do that on a case by case basis....

Also you mention that a forclosure helps a bank? It actually causes a bank to loose money. They dread having to foreclose. Heck, when I purchase money judgments, I don't take pleasure on closing on people's homes, levying on bank accounts, or garnishing wages. It is just a necessity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment