Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 05:46 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Soul's, supernatural, and heaven are all man made words and ideas. As such, it's just men trying to understand things they can't figure out. Kind of like how religion is used.

There are documented NDE's where the person's brain has flat lined. Procedures known as hypothermic cardiac arrest in order to fix aneurysms have been used on people and they still had a NDE. If the brain is not functioning how do you explain that?

Those verses have nothing to do with animals going to heaven. The correct meaning is that when God returns all animals will live peacefully under him. It says absolutely nothing about heaven. It's also total hogwash but in America you're free to believe in the flying spaghetti monster if you so desire.

Heaven is a consensus created fabrication in the upper tiers of the astral environment. If sitting around for all eternity spewing glossolalia to some imaginary dead carpenter is your idea of fun, then you'll get all you can handle and more. I'll also assure you that animals absolutely do not go there as they don't believe in Jesus as their personal Lord and savior.
And since I've found animals to be the only unconditional lovers of mankind I wouldn't want to be there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 07:07 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
There is an experiment going on at the moment but the results until now are a closely guarded secret. I very much look forward to hearing the results.

Basically Scientists from the U.K. and the U.S. will be conducting a year long test in hospitals to see if NDE are real by placing very noticeable images on top of high things in operating theatres etc. The images, although we do not know what they are, are such that ones attention can not help but notice them.

The idea is that whenever someone claims to have floated above the body/room which a huge number of NDE claimants do… this doctor interviews them and sees how many of them remember the images on top of things in the room.... or floating suspended from the ceiling.

Doctors in the operating rooms do not know what the images are, so there is no chance of them talking about it and the seemingly unconcious patient hearing it... which is how many NDE experience knowledge is explained.

As I said I look forward to hearing the results. I hold very little doubt however that the results will be 0% and that not one claimant will remember a single image. It will be about 1 year before we get results I believe.

Quote:
If the brain is not functioning how do you explain that?
Very easily actually.

Look at dreams. Although you can experience a lot of things in dreams the time it actually takes in the real world is measured in mere seconds.

So what these people experience is NOTHING to do with the time the brain is "not functioning" and everything to do with the seconds up until then... and the seconds just after wards.

That time alone can be enough for a dying person to experience all kinds of things, especially aided by the electricity that is shot through the body in most heart reviving procedures etc etc. In fact given the trauma the brain undergoes during these seconds... it would be a miracle if you could NOT find people who had many weird mental experiences and memories during that time.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:21 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

Very easily actually.

Look at dreams. Although you can experience a lot of things in dreams the time it actually takes in the real world is measured in mere seconds.

So what these people experience is NOTHING to do with the time the brain is "not functioning" and everything to do with the seconds up until then... and the seconds just after wards.

That time alone can be enough for a dying person to experience all kinds of things, especially aided by the electricity that is shot through the body in most heart reviving procedures etc etc. In fact given the trauma the brain undergoes during these seconds... it would be a miracle if you could NOT find people who had many weird mental experiences and memories during that time.
Dreams are astral projection sans the level of conscious awareness one has in the physical waking realm. Every single night people visit these places...they just seldom remember what is going on and usually hang around environments where nothing matters (for the most part). Once you learn how to increase your conscious awareness in dreams, you can lucid dream. It doesn't take much practice to turn lucid dreams into full blown projections.

I will also note that time is a physical realm, man made concept only. Once you die, or have an astral projection experience, seconds can seem like days...just like in dreams. Time does not exist when you leave your physical body. Things simply are. All the other man made, physical stuff doesn't exist either. Things like good and evil are concepts that will cease to be.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:45 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
I will also note that time is a physical realm, man made concept only. Once you die, or have an astral projection experience, seconds can seem like days...just like in dreams. Time does not exist when you leave your physical body. Things simply are. All the other man made, physical stuff doesn't exist either. Things like good and evil are concepts that will cease to be.
It is very difficult for many people to grasp the concept that there are many, many things that we do not understand. It is difficult to let go of the idea that time actually does exist, when as you say, it is just something that has been created for convenience. Our "time" consists of revolutions of our planet around our sun and our sun around the solar system. Ergo, the universe has no "time". When we remove our physical limitations we become part of the universe.

I did some reading on Kaballah principles where they call the supreme being "light". And how our eternal spirit is part of that light. It also goes into how our actions and our reactions to everything that happens in life impact us and the world around us.. I am not saying I believe everythiing that I read, but much of it makes perfect sense to me.

It is amazing to me how spirituality is so pure and true and good until religion comes along and messes it all up for their own purposes. If only we could shed the contrivances of organized religion and be allowed to look into the face of what is real and true.

Nice post, Jason. Thanks.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-20-2011, 11:59 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It is very difficult for many people to grasp the concept that there are many, many things that we do not understand. It is difficult to let go of the idea that time actually does exist, when as you say, it is just something that has been created for convenience. Our "time" consists of revolutions of our planet around our sun and our sun around the solar system. Ergo, the universe has no "time". When we remove our physical limitations we become part of the universe.

I did some reading on Kaballah principles where they call the supreme being "light". And how our eternal spirit is part of that light. It also goes into how our actions and our reactions to everything that happens in life impact us and the world around us.. I am not saying I believe everythiing that I read, but much of it makes perfect sense to me.

It is amazing to me how spirituality is so pure and true and good until religion comes along and messes it all up for their own purposes. If only we could shed the contrivances of organized religion and be allowed to look into the face of what is real and true.

20yrsinBranson
Are you knowledgeable about Schwarzschild's radius? Now that would be hell.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:09 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
There is an experiment going on at the moment but the results until now are a closely guarded secret. I very much look forward to hearing the results.
Would you happen to have a reference?

Old 01-20-2011, 12:29 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
your post was pretty good also 20yrsinBranson. thanks for posting; i always feel a sense of peace when i read your post.
have a great day!

Old 01-20-2011, 03:09 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,807,541 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
Time, distance, and space are all physical realm concepts that apply only to this life in our temporary body. Once that body breaks down and dies, all of that stuff will cease and people will begin the process of attempting to understand what we are and how we came to be. Some of us, such as myself, have already begun attempting to understand these things so that I can save myself time when my body dies. That and there is no other peace I have known in my life than personally verifying that we are eternal creatures. Oh yeah, and it's fun to do things like fly.

The concept of everything being light makes sense on a lot of levels. Unfortunately my personal knowledge of that stuff is next to nothing other than what I've read. The higher levels of the astral environments are said to be unlimited. One of them was similar to this principle, in that it was a sea of ever expanding consciousness. I like to think of it as maybe how the internet works, all these billions of computers plugged into a network. One and the same, yet still different on some level.

Religion is a dirty, man made concept based on tyranical rulers who wanted to treat the majority of the population like slaves. The Romans, for example, adopted Christianity for the specific purpose of controlling the masses. That's all it really is. People who grasp at it as truth are scared of what they don't understand or afraid of some imaginary hell. Hell exists only as a temporary mental condition on individuals who allow themselves to deteriorate to that point. It lasts only as long as that person remains in that negative behavioral loop.

Edit: There are also millions of people in that condition that did nothing to deserve it. Unfortunately, life isn't fair. Most of them are children who had adults do disgusting acts to them while in the physical realm. Think of the Catholic church bishops and little boys. It's quite sad.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:43 PM

729 posts, read 2,067,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
These passages aren't talking about animals going to heaven. They are talking about enemies living in peace, under one king that unites the world.

thanks for beating me to the punch.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Dreams are astral projection sans the level of conscious awareness one has in the physical waking realm. Every single night people visit these places...they just seldom remember what is going on
I am sorry but your phrasing of this makes me unsure as to what you are actually claiming but.... it sounds to me like you are claiming that when people are dreaming they are actually GOING somewhere "else"... like some "other plane" or something? If so... thats priceless... it really is. Thanks for the giggle. If you have any actual evidence, argument, data or reasons to back any of that up I would love to hear it. If this is NOT what you mean though, can you re-phrase as I am lost.

However this is a digression as it has nothing to do with the point I am making however which was this.... the experiences people have during "brain death" are easily explained because they are not experiences had while the brain is actually dead, even though they think it is. The experiences are actually from the seconds before and after the "gap" in their memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Would you happen to have a reference?
Researchers To Test ‘Near Death Experiences’ | Ghost Theory

I actually first heard of it from Stephen Fry on the show "QI" but I looked further into it and there are a lot of references to the experiment if you google it. The above is one example. However I am sure there will be many many more references when they actually get around to releasing results. It is rare people report on experiments starting. The media usually only gets interested when they end.

Quote:
It is difficult to let go of the idea that time actually does exist
It does.

Quote:
Our "time" consists of revolutions of our planet around our sun and our sun around the solar system. Ergo, the universe has no "time".
The dimension of time exists irregardless of these things. It is merely the units of measure that we have chosen to measure it in that are tied to planetary motions as you describe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal