Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:21 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times

Advertisements

^^ Thanks for sharing your story, Gerania. It sounds like your son is a very sensible kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM

95 posts, read 351,793 times
I had an interesting experience several years ago. I was at the cemetary working on one of my family members' graves - polishing the brass marker, weeding, putting out a new bouquet - and I glanced up and saw one of my co-workers and his little elderly mama getting out of his vehicle. They were in the next section over, and I knew they were visiting the grave of his daddy, who had just passed earlier that week. I waved but they didn't see me. I went back to my work, and was going to give them a little privacy to grieve, then I'd go stop and say hi when I was done. Probably 10 or 15 minutes had passed, and I gathered up my supplies and got up to walk to my car. I was surprised and disappointed that my friend and his mother were already gone. I put my things in the car and walked over to the section where I'd seen them, and walked right to his father's fresh grave. I was sad that I'd missed seeing them, but went back to the car and went home.

The following Monday, I mentioned to him that I'd seen him and his momma at the cemetary on Saturday, and the look he gave me was total confusion. He said "we have not been out there since we buried daddy - my momma won't go to the cemetary" and i said "no, I saw you and your momma and your car, and you were holding her arm as you walked to his grave, I saw it! And I went over where I saw you and there was your daddy's grave!" and he said "no, that did not happen, there is no way. We have not been out there since the day of the burial".

But I know for a fact, what I saw. I don't know how. But I walked right to his daddy's grave, and I had not attended the funeral or talked with my friend about where his dad was buried in that cemetary.

I've had other things happen regarding deceased family members, but this family wasn't related to me at all.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:48 PM

92 posts, read 108,644 times
I was on my way home, moving down a path that was dark and eerily quiet. I saw a large, dark figure looming nearby. I noticed that the figure had no head on its shoulders

Old 10-09-2012, 05:29 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
I just bought a house, haven't fully moved in yet. The wife in the former owners died but I don't know if she died in the house or not. Just from "feeling" I don't get the impression that there's anything creepy in there, in fact I get a rather good feeling about her.

Anyway, my dog has been following with her eyes and head something moving in the house, and nothing's there! Could be a bug so I'll keep looking for it. It's happened before in other places and her reaction to a moth is different (she hunts it). This is more like sitting there watching. Kind of fun. If it's a spirit I don't know if it's the former owner's wife, or perhaps someone connected to me and checking out the new house, but it's not frightening so it's fine.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
I awoke a while ago to find that I was, loudly, reciting poetry. I didn't know, recognise the poem. I was quite groggy and could hear myself speaking the words but couldn't stop until, I suppose, I had completed the recitation.

I wish that I could remember what I said.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 AM

261 posts, read 497,379 times
talked with a classmate after class one night whom I don't know but seemed like a normal guy about my age. I got the worst feeling when I looked at him directly in the eyes. It was literally eerie. I didn't feel threatened even though it was at night in a parking lot alone, but it was something very strong that said there was something very odd about this guy. Has anyone felt like this about someone they just met? It's a first for me I think.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldPlay View Post
talked with a classmate after class one night whom I don't know but seemed like a normal guy about my age. I got the worst feeling when I looked at him directly in the eyes. It was literally eerie. I didn't feel threatened even though it was at night in a parking lot alone, but it was something very strong that said there was something very odd about this guy. Has anyone felt like this about someone they just met? It's a first for me I think.
Yes. Trust those instincts.

The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence by Gavin de Becker - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM

95 posts, read 351,793 times
will share another phenomenon. My mother loved hummingbirds. Wore a hummingbird pin on her jacket, would buy little hummingbird doo-dads (refrigerator magnets, etc). But seeing hummingbirds is not common in our area.

Before retirement, she had worked at a large chemical manufacturing plant. I happened to get a job there after she retired and I worked in the same building she did, in fact, knew many of the same people she did, as she had been in Human Resources. The facility is huge, and there is NO green space. No trees. No landscaping.

About a week after she passed, I looked out my window in my office building, and there was a hummingbird hovering at my window. Not just for a second or two - it hovered over a minute. Long enough for me to call my coworkers over to see. I knew instantly that it was my mom, checking in on me.

There is no logical explanation for a hummingbird to be anywhere near that location, for any reason. I've never seen a hummingbird in our area before, or since that day.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 AM

261 posts, read 497,379 times
thanks for the link. downloading now to the iPhone. I'm so bad at reading people, as most women, we're too nurturing to the wrong people sometimes and try to give benefit of doubt.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM

112 posts, read 177,433 times
Exclamation Gettysburg Ghosts

Having a "new spirit" come into my family home looking for someone/something, from the Civil War.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal