Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:17 PM

136 posts, read 235,875 times

Advertisements

Where you lay down, meditate, and your soul (or astral body) leaves the physical body and you can explore spiritual realms? Have you ever done something like this before? If you have, how did it feel? What did you "see"?

Here is more information about Astral Projection:
Astral projection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
A couple of times I have when I was extremely sleep deprived + caffeinated and tried to take a nap in that state.

I don't clearly recall being able to see my "physical" body lying there but I could make out the objects that were in my room at the time.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 PM

856 posts, read 1,052,510 times
[quote=videojob8;26359957]Where you lay down, meditate, and your soul (or astral body) leaves the physical body and you can explore spiritual realms? Have you ever done something like this before? If you have, how did it feel? What did you "see"?

I've had three spontaneous OBE's.....

...twice while in Vietnam and again in 2007...

...trippy!

Paul

Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
I once had a dream that seemed a whole lot like astral projection, and I'm stilll unsure. This was in the late 90s. I was living in an apartment at the time, and there was a chinese restaurant down the street from my apt, which I would pass on my way to work.

I had a really vivid dream in which I was flying (flying happens in most of my dreams). But in this dream, I was flying at night, over the neighborhood where my apt was. I had lots of other dreams prior to this where I was flying over very familiar areas, like my childhood home and neighborhood, but this apartment neighborhood, I was not very familiar with, since I only lived there a few years, and stayed on the main roads. Also, when I usually fly in my dreams, I have to move my arms and legs like I'm swimming, but in this one, I was relaxed and didn't have to exert much effort. I also heard a lot of "static" noise in my ears during the whole dream.

In the "dream" I saw a red thing in the parking lot, beside the chinese restaurant, and behind the restaurant I saw a metal building I didn't recognize, and I remember saying to myself "I wonder what that building is? I've never seen it."

Then the next day, I drove past the restaurant and saw a big red tarp over a pile of new flooring, next to the restaurant. I did not remember consciously seeing it before, but of course, there's always the chance that I saw it and unconsciously registered it.

But then I drove behind the chinese place, and I saw another lot behind the building, a row of trees, and then another buildng back there. It was a big metal building, like I'd seen in my dream. And I am very sure that I never drove BEHIND the chinese restaurant before, and never went onto the road that ran the block behind it. So I could not have unconsciously glanced at this big metal building, right?

I just categorize that under "I'll never know for sure." This did happen at a time when I was reading a lot about synchronicity, states of consciousness, and lucid dreaming. So it could be attributed to that. But I can't explain seeing that metal building.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:14 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
[quote=HeadhunterPaul;26360820]
Quote:
Originally Posted by videojob8 View Post
Where you lay down, meditate, and your soul (or astral body) leaves the physical body and you can explore spiritual realms? Have you ever done something like this before? If you have, how did it feel? What did you "see"?

I've had three spontaneous OBE's.....

...twice while in Vietnam and again in 2007...

...trippy!

Paul

This OBE thing can, and does, happen a lot with trauma. Combat veterans have described it, as have child victims of sexual abuse and adult rape and disaster survivors.
"Going out of the body" is something young children can do in response to trauma, and sometimes a child who has coped with childhood trauma with that skill can do it again when faced with adulthood trauma. There are different levels of dissociation, from feeling "surreal" to feeling "like I'm in a dream" to "feeling unreal" to "feeling I'm out of my body" to "being outside my body" to "I went away and someone else took over." None of these are paranormal, but just examples of the extraordinary abilities of the human mind. Paul, that ability saved your sanity and maybe your life!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 PM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I used to experiment with deep meditation and astral projection and a few times I was almost there and a few times I had my heart rate down so low a voice inside me told me not to go any further because my heart might stop.
Another time while in deep meditation and attempting to project I don't know what happened but it wasn't good. The next morning I woke up with a weird rash that moved around my body over the next 3 days then disappeared. I took this as a warning not to go there again and never tried to.
I do believe it is possible to project but after so many years I lack the concentration to try it again even if I dared to.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 PM

511 posts, read 491,621 times
I have asstral projections...then I cover my wife's head with the covers...then she knees me in the thigh...ouchy!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
I seem to do it in my sleep so I don't know if it's just dreaming or what. I not only fly around a lot and sometimes see myself laying there asleep I also seem to be outside of time as we understand it. I'm sometimes way in the past and sometimes the past is here with me in the present. My dreaming is getting to be really something. I thought a person only dreamt during certain levels of Sleep. Over the last 5 years or so I dream solid, the entire time I'm sleeping and sometimes it starts before I'm ever really asleep.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:18 PM

535 posts, read 1,296,020 times
Only twice in my life did I have an odd experience that may be classified in the astral travel category..although from my research it was called "astral catelepsy".

The only two times I ever had this happen it was during stronger than normal emotional stress.

Here's what happened..Soon after I fell asleep my "mind" became fully awake but my body wouldn't/couldn't move. I knew I was "awake" in my mind but I couldn't get my body to respond.

Because I couldn't physically move I was trying to communicate in my mind to my boyfriend who was laying asleep next to me to "wake me up". I was frantically trying to move my body..it was if I was paralyzed and I couldn't speak...except in my mind. It didn't seem to last but a couple of minutes but it was a very scary experience.

The other time was basically the same scenario...

Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luksky View Post
Only twice in my life did I have an odd experience that may be classified in the astral travel category..although from my research it was called "astral catelepsy".

The only two times I ever had this happen it was during stronger than normal emotional stress.

Here's what happened..Soon after I fell asleep my "mind" became fully awake but my body wouldn't/couldn't move. I knew I was "awake" in my mind but I couldn't get my body to respond.

Because I couldn't physically move I was trying to communicate in my mind to my boyfriend who was laying asleep next to me to "wake me up". I was frantically trying to move my body..it was if I was paralyzed and I couldn't speak...except in my mind. It didn't seem to last but a couple of minutes but it was a very scary experience.

The other time was basically the same scenario...
I think that's called sleep paralysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal