Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 03:43 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Much much more than a dream my friend.

I have read many times concerning this phenomena that the reason why the person receiving the visitation is in a transitioning state of consciousness when it occurs is due to the fact that your mind has quieted down and is at a minimum for interference from your conscious thoughts yet your still able to recall the visit due to not yet being asleep.

I'm very happy for you that you got to see your mother.
Yes, thank you and me too. Our relationship was difficult to say the least and we only had two weeks to say our goodbyes and she was pretty out of it for at least half that but we laid a lot of stuff to rest and me seeing her leave had a profound effect on how I remember her now that she's gone. Not that I've put a gloss over it. A friend who knew her said it best--she said you need to remember the good, the bad, and the ugly b/c if you only remember the good stuff, that's like saying you didn't really love her, or that you only loved the good part of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 07:03 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Addressing several posts here:

vagabond3:

Yes, I believe the same as what you describe. So many writers, notably Emanuel Swedenborg, famous Christian seer of the 17th Century who wrote extensively on the afterlife:

http://www.swedenborg.com/wp-content...terlifepdf.pdf

pretty much says the same thing: that spirits are ushered into the first level of the spirit world and then are evaluated as to whether their spirits are good or evil. If good, they are then put through a "learning process" that may go on for eons (as long as it takes) to progress to higher levels of spiritual awareness until they reach the highest sphere which is heaven, the dwelling place of God. But there's are countless "communities" of like-minded spirits that congregate to form small villages to large cities much like this earth but indescribable in beauty. In the initial phase of arrival they retain the likeness of their earthly body and gravitate toward compatible spirits. Some choose to remain at whatever level they are most happiest at, while others choose to move higher. In this way each community ebbs and flows with the arrival and departure of new spirits. A very good book. I heartily recommend perusing it, if not outright reading it word for word.

CALGUY:

This is fascinating stuff. So you basically saying that using a medium like an ordinary radio with a blank frequency one can possibly call on the spirit of a deceased friend to communicate with him or her and they will respond?

stepka:

I'm with you. This is why I rarely visit the Christian forum anymore. Over many years I've found my spirit slowly poisoned by the Fundamentalists over there to the point that I cannot abide being anywhere near them. Sad that people's Medieval beliefs in hellfire and damnation can be so pernicious that one can actually feel sickened reading their ironclad dogma on these primitive superstitions. Modern scholarship on the scriptures have pretty much proved universalism beyond a shadow of a doubt, yet to speak of this merely draws a "You are a heretic. Repent and come to our way of thinking or be burned for eternity".

Old 09-21-2013, 12:28 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
CALGUY:

This is fascinating stuff. So you basically saying that using a medium like an ordinary radio with a blank frequency one can possibly call on the spirit of a deceased friend to communicate with him or her and they will respond?
It is more involved than that.
The radio, or similar electronic component is used in conjunction with the tape recorder, however not connected to the recorder.
The radio is used as a conduit for the energy given off by the spirit.
The voice is transmitted through the radio, on to the tape.
Without some sort of electronic component present, besides the recorder, I don;t think one would be able to pick up a voice transmitting.
If you would like to experiment with this, send me a pm, and I will help you set up a system for taping.
Bob.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
It is more involved than that.
The radio, or similar electronic component is used in conjunction with the tape recorder, however not connected to the recorder.
The radio is used as a conduit for the energy given off by the spirit.
The voice is transmitted through the radio, on to the tape.
Without some sort of electronic component present, besides the recorder, I don;t think one would be able to pick up a voice transmitting.
If you would like to experiment with this, send me a pm, and I will help you set up a system for taping.
Bob.
Greatly appreciated, Bob. I'm going to read up some more on how exactly this comes about and then I'll post.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:10 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default I don't believe it exists, at all

I don't believe that there is a "spiritual world". When I was a child, I had nightmares. I was scared of the dark, especially after watching horror and vampire movies. I remember watching 'Dark Shadows' and my imagination worked overtime at night. One time I was trying to go to sleep and I looked over at the twin bed next to me, and in the darkness, it looked like something long and thin was moving slowly under the covers. I called out to my mom, who came in and turned on the lights. When I looked over at the bed, the blanket was just unfolded and a part of it stuck up. I imagined that this was moving. Crazy, but the power of the mind can play serious tricks. I learned that lesson very early.

I live in the bay area. If anyone wants to direct me to someone who can prove without a doubt that there is a spirit world, then send me a private message and refer me to someone. I am the ultimate skeptic of this stuff.

Good luck in your quest to uncover what you're looking for.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:22 PM

555 posts, read 1,259,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
A not-so-brief history: raised a Catholic; had the burn-for-eternity-rubbish ground into me; started studying the other two Christian views (conditional immortality/annihilationism and universalism); decided universalism was the best fit of God's character based on thousands of testimonies of NDE's who returned telling of a loving, non-judgemental God regardless of the people's personal beliefs or nonbeliefs; wanted to get beyond NDE's because they were so limited and get to actual reliable evidence of spirits actually communicating with humans.

There is so much bunkum out there with fake mediums and fraud running rampant. How does one find out if spirits truly communicate with the living. I discard the Fundamentalist rubbish that these are fallen angels disguising themselves as loved ones--I've never heard of anything more ridiculous in my life. The devil is a big fairytale boogeyman far as I'm concerned but that doesn't mean I discard the Bible's teachings altogether, just the stuff about eternal damnation and satan poking you with a pitchfork forever. Utter garbage.

I've never had any sort of contact with the supernatural, however and neither have any of my close friends or associates. So on the one hand I read all this stuff about communicating with spirits; videos on YouTube; Scole Experiments, and on the other hand from my own experience it just doesn't happen.

So the question: are legit deceased people speaking legitly from the grave to legit people, legit mediums, etc. or in the end is it all just pure hokum and BS?
Rate this post positively
The ages old question. Is there life after death? Are mediums and psyhics fake?

Remember the promise Harry Houdini made to his wife Bess. That when he died he would find a way to communicate with her to prove the existence of an afterlife.

His poor wife became the victim of so many frauds and there never was any substantial proof that Harry came through from the other side to her.

I read a book by James Van Praagh, another alleged fake medium, but it was fascinating as he described what the "beyond" is really like. Well, in his imagination anyway.

Ghosts Among Us: Uncovering the Truth About the Other Side: James Van Praagh: 9780061553387: Amazon.com: Books

Until someone comes back from the grave and lets everyone know there is life after death and it is documented by scientists, I'm afraid we'll never know for sure

Old 10-10-2013, 07:05 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
There is a good series of books called: ::The Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East" by Baird T Spalding, very interesting reading.

My experience with speaking with a dead person, read my blog here on C-D "Converstations with my Brother". That way I don't have to post it here.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 PM

I have read that the rarest from of communication with the dead is the most reliable, "Direct-Voice Communications. In this case the medium is able to exude "ectoplasm" and the dead are able to utilize this in some way to form a larynx and voice-box with which to speak. The link below were recorded at Leslie Flint seances and purportedly are real. The listener has to decide for him/herself. Unfortunately you need Quicktime or Windows Media to listen.

Library of Seances by Deceased's Name

Old 10-10-2013, 10:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
There is a good series of books called: ::The Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East" by Baird T Spalding, very interesting reading.

My experience with speaking with a dead person, read my blog here on C-D "Converstations with my Brother". That way I don't ave to post it here.
Just wanted to second that on the Spalding books.
Do anything you can to get them esp the first 3 Vols.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:31 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
Until someone comes back from the grave and lets everyone know there is life after death and it is documented by scientists, I'm afraid we'll never know for sure
And yet that has happened. Many many people have had near death experiences and the number grows as modern medicine helps bring people back to life after a brief time of being dead and many of the experiences are documented. It's true there's a lot of stuff coming out these days that is suspect, but that doesn't negate the genuine experiences that many people have had. I personally have known 3 people this has happened to and I have no reason to disbelieve them. 2 had amazing experiences and 1 of them had nothing but it is easy to believe that the one would have blocked out anything good--she was like that. Now she is on the other side for good and I wish her only good experiences b/c she was so scarred by life--being abandoned on a street corner in Chicago when she was 3 would be bound to make anyone be negative. I read this somewhere and can't remember where but it makes sense and that is that when someone dies who is in much the same emotional frame of mind as this friend, that they sleep a very long while on the other side b/c they need that for soul healing and that may be why she didn't remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal