Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who died in a motorcycle crash, then came back.

He went to heaven. People there don't talk. They communicate via osmosis, or something like that. He went fishing with his grandpa. He saw God but God was just a mirage-like thing.

I wanted to know only one thing: Are there dogs in heaven? He said there are.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I think there are different level one can go into and not be completely dead and their soul departing. Perhaps you were not at that point yet. I am glad that you are ok.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:50 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
dead is dead

when your lifeforce is gone then your dead

unconcious is not dead

---

Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Why are we arguing what will happen when die. Non of us knows. We all have an idea we would like to believe and my idea is no more true than yours. It's weird too hear people try to convince people that they are right.

I figure whoever's right...that there's a heaven, or a sort of celestial sphere, reincarnation, or there's nothing...that it will not matter anyway. If there is truly nothing, we'll never realize it's nothing. It sounds weird but oh well, we will all have to face it if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

He went to heaven. People there don't talk. They communicate via osmosis, or something like that. He went fishing with his grandpa. He saw God but God was just a mirage-like thing.
Osmosis? Sounds like a party.

God was a mirage? So...an illusion. That has to be some kind of statement.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:33 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Osmosis is when liquid or certain molecules moving in and out of a cell membrane. That's how cells sustain life.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 11-14-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I wanted to know only one thing: Are there dogs in heaven? He said there are.
I hope you are right. But I wish I could still talk.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 11-20-2013, 02:36 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Osmosis is when liquid or certain molecules moving in and out of a cell membrane. That's how cells sustain life.
I don't know who you're addressing but I know what osmosis is..?

Old 11-20-2013, 07:48 PM

A party :-)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Old 11-25-2013, 11:51 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
When I posted the first post, I was one "loopy" person. Wow, I was "loopy" for quite awhile. What happened was that I went in the hospital for a routine surgery. (if there is such a thing), and when she cut me open, I started hemorrhaging. I had already been losing blood and was anemic and just white as a ghost. Anyway, I've always been interested in NDE's and mediums, anything and everything like that. I didn't really believe in them, but, really wanted to experience something similar, so I would know for sure. I have "lost" a son, so I didn't really care if I didn't make it because it's so hard living without him. Someone said you don't really know if you die, and that's true. I just know my heart stopped 3 times, and that they resuscitated me. My daughter had convinced me not to sign the DNR form. I ended up being in the OR for 9 hours, and was given 4 pints of blood.

My records state that I was successfully resuscitated 3 times after being in "full arrest". I was on a ventilator for 4 more days and was in ICU. Something that is really strange to me, and I noticed this immediately, I'm chronically fatigued, an insomniac and always have been. I take sleeping pills and muscle relaxers every night. When I woke up after being out for 4 days, I was tired! How does that happen? The only thing I can think of was because my body had been through so much trauma, that when I woke, I was sore all over, and being sore, my body wasn't relaxed enough to rest well. I just thought that was so weird.

If you ever have your stomach sewn or stapled together, be very careful not to let your sutures break. Mine did, and I'm in agony every day because they have to tear the tape off, pull the packed gauze out of my stomach which has started attaching to my stomach, so they just pull it all out (where there's a hole) stick long q-tips into my stomach to clean it, cut some of some part off , (inside of stomach?) then pack it again. This had to be done every day, and it's painful, so be very careful not to bend over too much, or over exert yourself.

I don't know how long my heart stopped for, but all I experienced was nothingness. (which I don't think is a word : ) Thanks to those of you who sent me sweet, kind messages.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:50 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
When I posted the first post, I was one "loopy" person. Wow, I was "loopy" for quite awhile.
Do not be so hard on yourself. Coming that close to death is a massively traumatic event. Physically, mentally and emotionally. Loopy is not the word I would use. Stressed and traumatized perhaps.

One thing that does not help us in hospitals, or in threads and discussions on a forum such as this, is that we have one word "dead" for two different things. We have the actual vernacular word "dead" which means you are dead. You ain't coming back. You are gone.

But we have the clinical word "dead" too and being clinically dead is not the same as being dead dead. As such when doctors tell you that you DIED and came back.... they actually mean a different thing to what the common joe expects.

People who "died" on a hospital table and were revived were not "dead" in any normal sense of the word. Alas people who wish to tout and sell Paranormal World Views at you are more than happy to conflate the two meanings into one and ascribe a lot more meaning to your "death" than is actually true.

Quote:
When I woke up after being out for 4 days, I was tired! How does that happen?
Much easier than you think actually. It is quite easy to put the body's natural rhythms out of sync with too little OR too much sleep. Many people think of sleep as refilling a gas tank so the more you have the more full the tank becomes. The reality is quite different. Many people who oversleep will wake up feeling just as tired and fatigued as if they had way too little sleep.

The trick in life is to find the correct balance between sleep and wakefullness and sometimes "less is more" is the correct adage to live by. Alas it differs from person to person which is why some people operate fantastically well on 4 hours sleep while others can barely function unless they get 9 or 10. The human average requirement however seems to group around 7.5 to 8 hours.

Quote:
I don't know how long my heart stopped for, but all I experienced was nothingness.
Even that is an interesting phraseology though. Given there is no evidence for anything like afterlives or reincarnation or any of that lark.... real death should be the total cessation of experience of any kind. That is you would not even be "experiencing nothing" you simply will not be "experiencing" at all. So experiencing nothing is, in essence, itself an experience. And one we have no evidence should actually occur in a person who really is dead rather than simply clinically dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal