Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:24 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times

Advertisements

I can say that I was a HUGE skeptic of anything paranormal, spirits, ghosts, afterlife, etc. But something very weird happened a couple months after I had to put down my beloved dog a couple years ago. Just really strange (involving a new dog we'd rescued a couple days after putting down our dog). I go over the incident in my mind, trying to find some other reason other than "it was our dog's spirit in the house", but there is no other explanation.

And every now and then, this new dog will be upstairs and suddenly runs around barking and jumping, chasing something we can't see around. I would write that off as "silly dog behavior" except that the first incident occurred that was super strange.

The other strange thing was when I was with my dog at death. She was so focused on my, licking my hand, and then suddenly she started looking all around the room like she saw something. Her eyes were tracking something I couldn't see. My guess is she was spirits that were there for her, similar to what people report when many humans die. IDK, it just makes me really wonder, and has opened my mind to possibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 11:09 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
To the OP, I would rather NOT have had the experiences/interactions that have happened in my life. And I rarely ever speak about them to people in real life. Most of my family and friends do not know about some of the things that I have experienced. However, I do like that I can come to a place like this forum and discuss my experiences without having people to start questioning whether I was hallucinating or dreaming, etc. and that there are others who have had similar experiences to share.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:43 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
To the OP, I would rather NOT have had the experiences/interactions that have happened in my life. And I rarely ever speak about them to people in real life. Most of my family and friends do not know about some of the things that I have experienced. However, I do like that I can come to a place like this forum and discuss my experiences without having people to start questioning whether I was hallucinating or dreaming, etc. and that there are others who have had similar experiences to share.
Hey, that was a great post. I just reped you because I was wrapped into what others thought verses needing a place to write it down and relate to others. Phenomena does exist in both worlds, or good and evil. I was open doorway at one time.. and did have to put myself on medication because it was tanking me mentally. I had no where to go with this stuff. My own experiences could fill a book. What really pissed me off at one time, is I started taking meds at night to prevent it and it still came through. I felt like I was being violated at that point.

Some people are just more receptive to this than others, I guess. As I said, I am now taking meds through the day as well to block it out. The spirit world can be "pricks" as well. I know when they are around because I am tested. Most of the time, I just tell them to leave... but there are some things that don't go away and not everything is evil. I probably should be more understanding because most the information I get is for future events/happenings. I generally don't understand it at the time it happens and then I have to wait for the understanding.. which is hard.

Edit: I get tired of it and fed up with it. I certainly enjoy being a regular human being with no distractions as well, these days. Not bad, really. Very few people get "dumped" on.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 09-14-2014 at 01:01 PM..

Old 09-14-2014, 01:19 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
I am with the OP on this; these things seem to happen to everyone else but me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I can say that I was a HUGE skeptic of anything paranormal, spirits, ghosts, afterlife, etc. But something very weird happened a couple months after I had to put down my beloved dog a couple years ago. Just really strange (involving a new dog we'd rescued a couple days after putting down our dog). I go over the incident in my mind, trying to find some other reason other than "it was our dog's spirit in the house", but there is no other explanation.

And every now and then, this new dog will be upstairs and suddenly runs around barking and jumping, chasing something we can't see around. I would write that off as "silly dog behavior" except that the first incident occurred that was super strange.

The other strange thing was when I was with my dog at death. She was so focused on my, licking my hand, and then suddenly she started looking all around the room like she saw something. Her eyes were tracking something I couldn't see. My guess is she was spirits that were there for her, similar to what people report when many humans die. IDK, it just makes me really wonder, and has opened my mind to possibilities.
One possibility: the reason why the dog was in the pound was because his/her previous owners got fed up with the dog running around "barking at nothing".

Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I am with the OP on this; these things seem to happen to everyone else but me.

One possibility: the reason why the dog was in the pound was because his/her previous owners got fed up with the dog running around "barking at nothing".
lol! No, she's actually very quiet and well-behaved. That's why it's so odd when it happens.

In the first incident, we'd had the new dog about two months. I had put all the deceased dog's "belongings" away in the basement. But on a chilly night, I decided to bring the deceased dog's big pillow up and put it by the fireplace for the new dog. I put her on the pillow and left the room. a little while later, she was up on a stair landing shaking and growling, looking across the room at the pillow by the fireplace. At first I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I called her to come down the stairs to me and she'd start to, then yelp and go back to shaking in the corner. I finally picked her up and she peed all over, she was so scared. Then it hit me... the deceased dog was extremely protective of that pillow and would never let another dog get near it if a neighbor's dog came into the house. The new dog could see something that I couldn't... I'm guessing the deceased dog's spirit. I took the pillow away and put it back in the basement and the dog went back to being normal.

Some people told me, "oh, she just smelled the old dog on the pillow". But the new dog came into the house two days after the first dog died. Her scent was everywhere in the house.

To this day, the new dog will not lay by the fireplace. We got her a new bed of her own, but if you put it in the area where the old dog used to spend her time, she won't go near it. Very strange, but our old dog was very territorial.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:31 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Sure, I've had weird stuff I couldn't ascribe to anything overtly logical/practical happen. I think all of us must have. Unexplainable doesn't necessarily mean esoteric in origin, however. Remember that there have been many cultures over the past who believed either divine or evil influence to explain things that today we giggle at because there are real physical-world explanations.

So having had weird stuff happen doesn't say to me, "JerZ - you are definitely psychic."

For example, my husband will think of the most random things at exactly the same time. I mean really random. Like one of us will mention some obscure movie we haven't seen in 10 years the same day the other one suddenly had the same movie come to mind. But even that might actually be some sort of pattern that our conscious isn't aware of, but our subconscious is operating on. Having lived together for a long time and also both being a little off-the-grid personality-wise, who knows...maybe we did just have an identical moment of logic and association that had nothing to do with anything otherwordly.

However, bear in mind that I've never been a person who could "just believe". For example, even as a tiny child I couldn't believe in all the Biblical stuff everyone around me told me. I tried and tried and tried and tried to believe. But it all just seemed so ridiculous to me. So that could be part of why I'm always skeptical and, while fascinated with the potentially esoteric, I am definitely not one to hear a noise and believe it was a spirit or hear a song on the radio after I was humming it and think it must have been a psychic moment.

And no, I've never taken psychedelics - but I HAVE taken Benadryl.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:16 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
I've had people tell me I'm psychic -- I'm absolutely not. I AM observant, and I remember "life lessons". The last one was when this kid disappeared from the home -- the whole town was in an uproar, Amber Alerts issued, people seeing strange cars, all sorts of stuff....

I told someone his brother killed him. (I'm not from there -- this was on the news and people here were talking about it)

I can't even really tell you why I knew... but in 10 days the brother was arrested for the kids murder and told them where to find the body.

Does stranger danger happen? Yes... but not like the TV movies would have you think. You're far more likely to get killed by someone you know and trust.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:06 AM

113 posts, read 113,874 times
To Denverian,I believe you. I think you saw what you saw.I support people whom talk their direct involvement with supernatural experiences.It is so easy for people to debunk incidents they were not eyewitnesses to.You know of course that eyewitness testimony is accepted in Court,but anyone who witnesses supernatual events,or can attest to seeing UFOS are dismissed. You every hear the saying," if you talk to God,you are praying,but if He answers you are schizophrenic". I don't think anyone really knows what happens after death,and none of us will know until we die. Have a good life and there are a lot of us that do believe you.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:48 AM

113 posts, read 113,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
Yep. I normally do not talk about my experiences with people, and I surely would not talk about them with someone like the OP. When I do share, it is with people who are open minded and people who will understand because they also have had "experiences".
I am sure there are quite a few people who don't mention supernatural experiences they have had.Some may fear ridicule and others probably try to dismiss these incidents.It seems like it is easier to explain it where it will all go away....Why would anyone,who doesn't like forums on this topic,choose to be on it in the first place?

I really like some of the responses I have read from people who are opened minded.They seem like genuinly intelligent people.Please continue to share your stories concerning the supernatural.You know that there are more than meets the eye.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:23 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
There are many people like my brother, who is the most pragmatic, concrete, down-to-earth person imaginable, as strong a skeptic as the OP. He had an experience 20+ years ago that to this day he has trouble processing. He's shared it with me and a couple of others but would never ever discuss it with anyone who might scoff at it.

This brother, fwiw, is the father of the daughter whose story I shared on another thread, who as a toddler mentioned the "clown who used to come into my room at night". My brother's never ever acknowledged or discussed his daughter's account, even though he had his own experience in his own bedroom across the hall from hers.

His experience was a painful and confusing thing for him and I respect that.
Biscuitmom! I first read this and took it at face value, paranormal shivers.

Read it again and I suppose you might have trouble accepting the possibility that your brother may have been dressing up as a clown at night and going into his daughter's room(!)

Which would explain his troubled state of mind that you describe.

And would also explain why he refuses to acknowledge or discuss his daughter's account of this.

Or city data is just filled with creative freelance hobbyist fiction writers. I'm starting to get it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal