Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 08:11 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
At first until more investigation i would say it was put there by a human. That should suffice for the Hoaxer crowd. This came from a very experience person in an area they have been watching for quite awhile. Why a creature would do that? I have no answer. Just more questions. I do know that most often any kill remains they leave behind won't get touched by other animals.
So how do we know that? Show us the evidence. We would love to see the video's. How do we know it was any bigfoot kill and not just a pack of coyotes or wolves?

Statements like: "This came from a very experience person" do not help prove anything. You need names and credentials and contact information. You're doing most of the talking here; make us believers. Allusive remarks do not count as evidence.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:46 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
So how do we know that? Show us the evidence. We would love to see the video's. How do we know it was any bigfoot kill and not just a pack of coyotes or wolves?

Statements like: "This came from a very experience person" do not help prove anything. You need names and credentials and contact information. You're doing most of the talking here; make us believers. Allusive remarks do not count as evidence.
Just take it as you see it. YMMV. I have nothing to prove to you at all. Why would i give a complete stranger names and addresses? So you can call them up and harass them? No i won't do that. So many think they can play the GOTCHA MOMENT GAME. I choose not to.

How would you know it was a pack of yotes or wolves? Get out and learn yourself and then you will have that proof positive you desire won't you?

Old 02-13-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Just take it as you see it. YMMV. I have nothing to prove to you at all. Why would i give a complete stranger names and addresses? So you can call them up and harass them? No i won't do that. So many think they can play the GOTCHA MOMENT GAME. I choose not to.

How would you know it was a pack of yotes or wolves? Get out and learn yourself and then you will have that proof positive you desire won't you?
Simple; collect evidence and then submit it to scientific inquiry. If it stands up people will jump on your bandwagon. I would be the first to say that I am sorry for doubting you.

There are approximately one quarter million to half a million people in jail in the US. Many of them did not tell the truth. Of course many more were never caught. Of course we have many more trying to sell us something and tend to make false claims about their products or services. It is only natural to question. When we don't have solid evidence we would be foolish to be gullible. This isn't about GOTCHA moments; it's about let us see the evidence.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:10 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
I spent this afternoon talking with a friend of mine , from Washington State, and his wife. The existence of Sasquatch, to their mind, and a lot of others , is settled. Where they are from, seeing these animals is common, they tell me. They also tell me a lot of proof is under lock and key, at a research center, in the area. Run under Federal jurisdiction.

Now, my buddy, is given to conspiracy theories, and k take some things with a grain of salt. However, his lady is not given to such things, and is quite well grounded, and confirms this information. No, that's hardly "concrete proof" of anything. Yet, I found much of what I was told...compelling.

For a myriad of reasons. Perhaps, if my interest in cryptic canines ever wanes, I might take a deeper interest in Bigfoot.

Old 02-14-2015, 01:09 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
They also tell me a lot of proof is under lock and key, at a research center, in the area. Run under Federal jurisdiction.
One wonders why that would be?

Old 02-14-2015, 01:20 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
I do know that most often any kill remains they leave behind won't get touched by other animals.
Huh, just like cattle mutilations. I remember someone on another board commenting about how she'd found two goats by the roadside, undamaged except for huge holes going up inside their anuses. She mentions that in the days following, nothing touched them, there weren't even any flies.

I'd vote for UFOs being the cause though, rather than Bigfoots.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Huh, just like cattle mutilations. I remember someone on another board commenting about how she'd found two goats by the roadside, undamaged except for huge holes going up inside their anuses. She mentions that in the days following, nothing touched them, there weren't even any flies.

I'd vote for UFOs being the cause though, rather than Bigfoots.
That sounds more like coyotes: Interpreting physical evidence of coyote predation « Texas Natural Wildlife. As far as no flies; how cold was it outside? Even the 'no other predator touched the kill/s' does not mean anything - possibly the killing predators were killed themselves and there were no other predators close or a rancher poisoned sheep to kill coyotes? We do not even know how well that woman examined the sheep carcasses - did she roll them over and skin them or did she stand fifty feet away upwind?

Old 02-14-2015, 05:39 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
I think they might eat their sick and dead. I know I wouldn't want to run in to one, I don't kniw where thise "peacefull" stuff comes from, just about every close encounter story is about them ransacking camps, or tossing branchs, and tree limbs. I'd be unloading bullets in to one if I saw it.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:53 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
That sounds more like coyotes: Interpreting physical evidence of coyote predation « Texas Natural Wildlife. As far as no flies; how cold was it outside? Even the 'no other predator touched the kill/s' does not mean anything - possibly the killing predators were killed themselves and there were no other predators close or a rancher poisoned sheep to kill coyotes? We do not even know how well that woman examined the sheep carcasses - did she roll them over and skin them or did she stand fifty feet away upwind?
I don't remember many details, this was years ago. I'm pretty sure it was not winter, don't remember snow or cold being mentioned, in fact I vaguely remember it being hot as a part of the mystery. The woman got close up but didn't skin the goats even though they looked like they were healthy and not old - I suppose she was put off by the situation, despite knowing a thing or two about goats there in eastern Oregon.

I don't think a rancher would poison two perfectly good goats as a way to get at coyotes. That's not how it's done.

She didn't attribute any cause to their deaths, just mentioned it in a thread and asked what could have done it. We were the ones trying to tie it into UFOs or some kind of weird predator that would core out a body but not leave any other signs of what might have caused death.

Here's a balanced article on cattle mutilations:
Quote:
Cattle mutilation (also known as bovine excision[1]) is the killing and mutilation of cattle under unusual, usually bloodless and anomalous circumstances. Worldwide sheep, horses, goats, pigs, rabbits, cats, dogs, deer and elk have been reported mutilated with similar bloodless excisions, often an ear, eyeball, jaw flesh, tongue, genitals and rectum are removed.
Since the time that reports of purported animal mutilations began, the causes have been attributed variously to UFOs, natural decomposition, normal predators, cryptid predators (like the Chupacabra), extraterrestrials, secretive governmental or military agencies, and cults. "Mutilations" have been the subject of two independent federal investigations in the United States.[2]........... continued at Cattle mutilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-15-2015, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I don't remember many details, this was years ago. I'm pretty sure it was not winter, don't remember snow or cold being mentioned, in fact I vaguely remember it being hot as a part of the mystery. The woman got close up but didn't skin the goats even though they looked like they were healthy and not old - I suppose she was put off by the situation, despite knowing a thing or two about goats there in eastern Oregon.

I don't think a rancher would poison two perfectly good goats as a way to get at coyotes. That's not how it's done.

She didn't attribute any cause to their deaths, just mentioned it in a thread and asked what could have done it. We were the ones trying to tie it into UFOs or some kind of weird predator that would core out a body but not leave any other signs of what might have caused death.

Here's a balanced article on cattle mutilations:
The coyotes bite to the neck and suffocation of the prey might not be visible to an untrained eye? On the other hand the hole, they chewed in the anus, would be visible.

As far as what a rancher would or would not do; anything is possible. Perhaps the sheep had broken legs or died of natural causes and the meat could not be saved? Possibly a rancher was really upset over the number of sheep they were losing to predators? It is hard to speculate what people might or might not do.

As far as those cattle mutilations and bigfoot: I have never even heard any stories of Bigfoot carrying a surgeons scalpel. It would be more likely human or extraterrestrial (if there is such a thing). First we have to rule out human intervention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal