Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:28 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I have never seen an Atom but I believe that they exist. I have never seen oxygen but I know it exists. I am seeking reliable evidence of the paranormal. Too often your answer is the answer I see to those seeking details or questioning certain events.

When I am trying to understand things I try to go from general to specific. In this one area I too often find I go from general to obscure.

I am shocked because I expect people who are passionate about something to want to discuss it and give me the most trivial details of what they are passionate about, whether I wish them or not.

Example: If I were speaking to someone who is passionate about model trains I may never be able to get them to shut up about the different gauges, time periods, their experience with real trains and where I can see them or study them. Paranormal? Not so much.

Most paranormal events happen when the person experiencing them is alone.
I can't recall one time when someone was with me during an event, but there was one event I shared with others after it happened, and I had tangible evidence the event happened.
Therefore, there is no way of being specific as to the details, because those hearing of the event, have no proof it ever happened.

I can go into as much detail as you wish regarding events I have been involved in, but unless you are right by my side when they occur, even though they are real events, to you, and all others, they are nothing more than story telling.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 03:58 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Let me tell you a little story 8 years ago I dreamt I was in a german village and a lady told me I wasn't german I had polish roots.i moved on with my life.

A few years ago I had a dna test, I had markers only found in polish populations.
One answer required decades and decades of scientific research funding in genomics and molecular biology,the other required going to sleep.

Intuitive knowledge is valueable.embrace the feminine,don't rely on masculine reason for everything.

To quote Einstein "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift"
Intuition is not a paranormal mystery.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Most paranormal events happen when the person experiencing them is alone.
I can't recall one time when someone was with me during an event, but there was one event I shared with others after it happened, and I had tangible evidence the event happened.
Therefore, there is no way of being specific as to the details, because those hearing of the event, have no proof it ever happened.
I do not understand this. Others hearing of the event have no proof it ever happened, but YOU know and cannot be specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I can go into as much detail as you wish regarding events I have been involved in, but unless you are right by my side when they occur, even though they are real events, to you, and all others, they are nothing more than story telling.

Bob.
One thing we do have proof of is frauds and charlatans. I am not saying you are one but I would hope even you do not take everyone making claims of unexplained and paranormal events at face value.

If you have had many experiences than you should come up with a way to documents such events such as the use of cameras.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:09 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
I do not understand this. Others hearing of the event have no proof it ever happened, but YOU know and cannot be specific?

One thing we do have proof of is frauds and charlatans. I am not saying you are one but I would hope even you do not take everyone making claims of unexplained and paranormal events at face value.

If you have had many experiences than you should come up with a way to documents such events such as the use of cameras.

At one time, when I first got involved with EVP, I saved the tapes, but as I got older, and hearing became a problem, I discarded them, because I could no longer hear the faint voices of the spirits.
At a gathering in my house one evening, some of my friends were given the opportunity to listen to a tape, and they did indeed hear my partner's voice, loud and clear.

You mentioned using a camera to document an event.
I had an occasion just after my partner passed, where the hanging lamp in my living room swung back and forth.
In a later contact session with my partner, he explained the actions of the lamp were caused by him, to let me know he was in the room.

Had I taken a picture of that, or even a video, people looking at it would have said I moved it, and while it was swinging, I snapped a picture or a video of it swinging, so you see, positive proof being offered is still open to speculation.
I know the lamp moved, and I also know my deceased partner was responsible for it moving, but there is no way , proof positive, of proving to someone else that the incident happened as described.

Bob.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:08 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
People know with their intuition that they have seen spirits,ghosts,felt the presence of things,phenomena like clarivoyance is almost entirely based on intuition.

Quote:
Intuition is not a paranormal mystery.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:35 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Technically speaking, clairvoyance is not the same as intuition.
Clairvoyance means clear seeing, a vision.
Intuition is called claircognizance, clear knowing.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:19 PM

639 posts, read 579,747 times
Quote:
People know with their intuition that they have seen spirits,ghosts,felt the presence of things,phenomena like clarivoyance is almost entirely based on intuition.
Intuition cheapens the reality of sight,sound and physical encounter. If my experiences with the paranormal (or anything else) were based on intuition, I wouldn't consider it an experience, I'd consider it a feeling. clairvoyance is not intuition either. I can't be by definition. That's like saying "my intuition tells me I saw a bear". A physical encounter cannot be considered Intuition.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:44 PM

You're still using your intutive faculty like a seer.I have visions and I consider them part of my intuition.your intuition is largely prophetic and so are most visions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Technically speaking, clairvoyance is not the same as intuition.
Clairvoyance means clear seeing, a vision.
Intuition is called claircognizance, clear knowing.

Last edited by Katiethegreat; 12-09-2015 at 03:54 PM..

Old 12-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Intuition is nothing special. It is your brain working in the background trying to make sense of what is going on around it from past data. Sure it can work, but it can be wrong as well. The show Brain Games shows how the mind can be tricked. The mind is just a computer and the more we understand it the more it can be manipulated. Studying the mind is a multi-BILLION dollar industry that makes the paranormal industry look like a carnival side show.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:44 PM

I don't think you understand intuitive knowledge,example i explained my dream in which I was told I was Polish not german,how is that past data,when I knew nothing about poland at the time,wasn't even thinking of my german heritage.

Quote:
Intuition is nothing special. It is your brain working in the background trying to make sense of what is going on around it from past data. Sure it can work, but it can be wrong as well. The show Brain Games shows how the mind can be tricked. The mind is just a computer and the more we understand it the more it can be manipulated. Studying the mind is a multi-BILLION dollar industry that makes the paranormal industry look like a carnival side show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal